Which planet ...........

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Which planet ...........

Post by AlexO » February 27, 2021, 2:25 pm

tamada wrote:
February 27, 2021, 2:00 pm
^ I was working in Queensland in 1981 when the unions started visiting our remote, exploration campsites trying to get our labour, seasonal sheep shearers and the like to join up. The threats were quite overt such as make your dirty oil money while you can because if your non-union, you'll never set foot on a sheep station again. A few of the nasty buggers were English, having been run out of town on a rail when Thatcher broke Scargill and McGahey's union back.
And you still believe the Guardian?? Looks like we were not too far away from our political ideology back then but too soon OXBRIDGE became the inword.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 27, 2021, 3:19 pm

Any news from UM’s roving reporter as to the quality of Whitehaven beach?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 27, 2021, 7:09 pm

AlexO wrote:
February 27, 2021, 7:48 am
jackspratt wrote:
February 27, 2021, 6:18 am
AlexO wrote:
February 27, 2021, 3:57 am

An article from more than a year ago about a 70 year old (who had been in the land of jumping rats since he was 23) being removed from Australia because of a character defect???? Pretty quick on the uptake you Aussie lads Eh????
Funnily enough, we Aussie lads are quick enough to know the difference between deportation and transportation. 8)
Okay big boy explain. We transported crims from the UK to the land of the little bears hundreds of years ago, why is it different that your system suddenly after 40 odd years residence in the land of the jumping rats decides to deport/transport an old man of 70 years old to where?? Proud you must be
Hopefully I don't need to explain.

If you can discern the difference between transportation and deportation, you will be well along the road to self-enlightenment.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 27, 2021, 9:38 pm

Over the past 20 odd years, the union movement has been close to being crushed. The rightist neo-cons have had control over legislature, introduced union bashing regulations. At the same time the right wing of the labor party in many countries, have pursued one thing and one thing only....personal power.

Which planet? the planet of control. There is no new world order, there is the planet of outrageous corporate greed with obscene exec salaries, share options, severance packages and contempt for anything that gets in its way. There is a nominal labor party that is so engrossed in factional power plays that they have no moral compass. Oh, and our beloved Greenies who eat vegan meals devoid of trace elements, munch on hash cookies, and don't know which day of the week it is.

No wonder populists have arisen, the average family is crushed by greed on the right, power hungry dickh3eads on the left, and the greenies that piss everybody else off
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 28, 2021, 9:41 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 27, 2021, 7:09 pm
AlexO wrote:
February 27, 2021, 7:48 am
jackspratt wrote:
February 27, 2021, 6:18 am
AlexO wrote:
February 27, 2021, 3:57 am

An article from more than a year ago about a 70 year old (who had been in the land of jumping rats since he was 23) being removed from Australia because of a character defect???? Pretty quick on the uptake you Aussie lads Eh????
Funnily enough, we Aussie lads are quick enough to know the difference between deportation and transportation. 8)
Okay big boy explain. We transported crims from the UK to the land of the little bears hundreds of years ago, why is it different that your system suddenly after 40 odd years residence in the land of the jumping rats decides to deport/transport an old man of 70 years old to where?? Proud you must be
Hopefully I don't need to explain.

If you can discern the difference between transportation and deportation, you will be well along the road to self-enlightenment.
Deportation is the expulsion of a person or group of people from a place or country. The term expulsion is often used as a synonym for deportation, though expulsion is more often used in the context of international law, while deportation is commonly used in Municipal law.
the action of transporting someone or something or the process of being transported.

Such a massive difference in the meaning isn't there, jeez feels so good to be suddenly Self-Enlighted. Just for your info Deportation normally means you are for ever banned from the Country you are deported from, while most of the crims sent to the colonies were serving a defined number of years of serving in what was basically a penal colony and many did return after completion of their sentence. Really enjoying this new found self-enlightenment.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 28, 2021, 10:01 pm

deportation and transportation are not synonyms. Nor is deportation a life ban. Overstay in Thailand and you will be deported, the duration of that depends on the length of the overstay. Ditto illegal entry in many, many countries where the ban may be for a few years.

Transportation is totally different.

Beam me up Scotty!
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 1, 2021, 4:17 am

Whistler wrote:
February 28, 2021, 10:01 pm
deportation and transportation are not synonyms. Nor is deportation a life ban. Overstay in Thailand and you will be deported, the duration of that depends on the length of the overstay. Ditto illegal entry in many, many countries where the ban may be for a few years.

Transportation is totally different.

Beam me up Scotty!
So you are deported without being transported? Please note I said in 'most' Countries deportation means a life ban. For relatively minor transgressions such as an overstay Countries such as Thailand will exclude you from the national borders and transport you to your Country of origin to serve the term of exclusion from re-entering. Are the Australian powers that be giving the 70 year old that they have deported/transported/ excluded from their shores a due date where he is allowed to return to his place of residence for the last 47 years??

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 1, 2021, 10:03 am

Couple of things

You still appear to not understand the term transportation as a specific word when referring to Australia’s first settlement convicts. Jackspratt has really tried but...

Now this scot a.sewipe whom you advise spent 40 something years of existence in Australia actually spent decades of his time in gaol. You are correct though we were slow on the uptake and he should have been deported much earlier. Bad character reason can’t be argued. Unless, just for arguments sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2021, 11:11 am

The term 'transportation' in Australia has a strong connotation, more so than the literal meaning of the word, I am sure AlexO understands this, but being a stubborn type, he refuses to acknowledge this. As this thread is about Australia and the deportation of a Scottish felon, the intention is clear.

Australia did not Transport him to Scotland, Australia deported him. The airline that carried him back to Scotland did the transportation.

https://wikidiff.com/transportation/dep ... sportation.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 1, 2021, 11:15 am

Where do the first three posters come from? Yes I do see a theme.
Barney just where has pratty even tried to explain his theory of the word Transported referring to criminals who were sentenced to be transported to penal colonies to serve sentences, they were not deported.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 1, 2021, 2:52 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 1, 2021, 11:11 am
The term 'transportation' in Australia has a strong connotation, more so than the literal meaning of the word, I am sure AlexO understands this, but being a stubborn type, he refuses to acknowledge this. As this thread is about Australia and the deportation of a Scottish felon, the intention is clear.

Australia did not Transport him to Scotland, Australia deported him. The airline that carried him back to Scotland did the transportation.

https://wikidiff.com/transportation/dep ... sportation.
Just to put things into simple terms. Nations do not deport their own citizens (unless they have removed their citizenship first) and then they only return the deported to their Country of origin if they hold citizenship of that Nation. Thus the Aussies are able to deport a 70 year old British Citizen back to the UK. At the time of the Transportation of Criminals to Australia , the West Indies and some parts of what is now the USA prisoners were being transported to British Penal Colonies, not French, not Dutch etc British Penal Colonies hence not deported but transported.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 1, 2021, 8:31 pm

& the best beaches to explore in 2021.........

Anyone?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2021, 8:41 pm

Treasure Island for obvious reasons, 40 baskets in Sydney, Granite beach Sunshine Coast, Gordon's Bay Sydney, Cenang Langkawi, Little Congwong Sydney.....in fact all Sydney Beaches except Tamarama (unless you are a Khatong).

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 1, 2021, 9:14 pm

I don't want to seem parochial, Whistles, but at the same time as responding to Niggles admonishment, I suspect you haven't spent much time on the west coast of Oz.

Thinking Scarborough and Cottesloe in the metro area, and then moving south to Yallingup and on to Esperance, and in the other direction Cable and the 80 Mile Beaches around Broome.

My abiding memory of Sydney beaches is my 1st swim at Bondi, where 40 metres out to sea I watched a blind mullet or two float by, which was soon backed up and confirmed with a couple of days in bed fighting an EN&T infection.

Tamarama, on the other hand was well known for its free flowing titties. I'm still trying to work out what a "Khatong" is.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » March 1, 2021, 9:39 pm

^ it wasn’t an admonishment, I know my place.
I just want to read about the OP subject matter not pages about Aussie, Brit, Scots criminals & semantics about deportation. It’s not too much to ask is it?

Barney
udonmap.com

Which planet ...........

Post by Barney » March 1, 2021, 9:43 pm

Niggly wrote:& the best beaches to explore in 2021.........

Anyone?
As mr spratt said , Bondi beach would be nice, if we let you in.
Plenty of brits sunning themselves recovering from a hangover after howlin at the moon with some blues rock with the Bondi Cigars.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6TebRmJInj0&feature=share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2021, 10:04 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 1, 2021, 9:14 pm
I don't want to seem parochial, Whistles, but at the same time as responding to Niggles admonishment, I suspect you haven't spent much time on the west coast of Oz.

Thinking Scarborough and Cottesloe in the metro area, and then moving south to Yallingup and on to Esperance, and in the other direction Cable and the 80 Mile Beaches around Broome.

My abiding memory of Sydney beaches is my 1st swim at Bondi, where 40 metres out to sea I watched a blind mullet or two float by, which was soon backed up and confirmed with a couple of days in bed fighting an EN&T infection.

Tamarama, on the other hand was well known for its free flowing titties. I'm still trying to work out what a "Khatong" is.
First landed at Fremantle. then the ship proceeded to civilization. Cottesloe like so many beaches in the Perth area is a favourite breakfast spot, especially for Carcharodon carcharias. nom, nom, nom.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 2, 2021, 12:31 am

Niggly wrote:
March 1, 2021, 8:31 pm
& the best beaches to explore in 2021.........

Anyone?
Lombok if you want some sense of Solitude :lol: away from the Rat Race [-X

Lombok.jpg
pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 2, 2021, 12:55 am

jackspratt wrote:
March 1, 2021, 8:25 pm
AlexO wrote:
March 1, 2021, 11:15 am
Where do the first three posters come from? Yes I do see a theme.
Barney just where has pratty even tried to explain his theory of the word Transported referring to criminals who were sentenced to be transported to penal colonies to serve sentences, they were not deported.
So you understand that the first 3 posters are enlightened, and the 4th seemingly still in a state of ignorance after many years prior to the news channels being employed with the .

ps Transportation was not a theory.
Oh lost the argument and no logical arguments thereafter

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 2, 2021, 6:50 am

Scared of sharks or blue bottles try this one Lake Rotoma
download (22).jpg
download (22).jpg (6.58 KiB) Viewed 972 times

Return to “Open Forum”