Jobs for the boys?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Jobs for the boys?

Post by stattointhailand » March 19, 2021, 8:36 pm

Having just returned from my second trip to BKK in a month (Thank you Passport office) I think I have found out why the demise of the Tourism industry has not had as much effect as would have been expected due to Covid in Thailand.
My theory is that all the guys who worked in Hotels/Bahtbus drivers/deckchair rent guys etc, have all turned up at the unemployment office, and rather than record them as "unemployed" they have all been given a shovel and told to go find a bit of road and dig a hole in it. Cant think of any other reason there are so many separate sets of road works all being done all at the same time

stereolab
udonmap.com

Re: Jobs for the boys?

Post by stereolab » March 19, 2021, 9:39 pm

We have hundreds of kilometres around our area which are being upgraded, it is difficult to find a route in and out of Udon or Nong Khai which has not been affected. No one stretch has been fully completed, than they go and start a new stretch. There appears to be little or no onsite supervision, safety management protocols are completely ignored. I no longer drive here once darkness falls. Far too risky.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 19, 2021, 9:45 pm

I find it utterly disgusting that you guys find corruption where none exists.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 19, 2021, 10:25 pm

err your the only one who has even mentioned anything to do with corruption, perhaps it's your mind that is corrupted :-$

Return to “Open Forum”