British TV - Live and free

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
ph55059

British TV - Live and free

Post by ph55059 » September 21, 2007, 5:11 pm

For all the British Expats out there who don

TIMONE
udonmap.com

Post by TIMONE » September 21, 2007, 7:34 pm

Thanks for that PH....For all ur americans out there with a fast connection download JOOST for over 40+ channels of news,sport,docus,tv shows streaming tv.. Shows are old like ubc but they are free...It is a waste of time with a slow connection.....If ur want the latest tv series well before ubc and shown the previous night in the usa,then go to EZTV@EFNET and download via a bit torrrent client like like bit comet.. Advert free as well

rick66
udonmap.com

Post by rick66 » September 21, 2007, 8:52 pm

Hey Paul, I tried the itv link but they said I couldn't watch because I'm not living in the UK. Did you have that problem?

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » September 21, 2007, 9:00 pm

Rick, I got the same, was looking forward to catching up on the soaps.................NOT..............but there are some programs I'd like to watch if we can get the link to work

TIMONE
udonmap.com

Post by TIMONE » September 21, 2007, 9:00 pm

Yes that is true rick,i tried as well. Your i.p address needs to be in the u.k..I found a way around that though. Download a proxy server program like hide my i.p address,or invisible browsing which i use,and select a proxy i.p address in the u.k.This will tell ITV you are in the u.k.... :lol: :lol:

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » September 21, 2007, 9:06 pm

Question 13 of the FAQ's

I live outside the UK and cannot watch programmes, why?

We do not hold international rights to all of our programming so video content is supplied only to users with IP addresses in the UK. Some users in Britain may be affected by such geographic blocking if their internet service provider uses servers outside the UK.

TIMONE
udonmap.com

Post by TIMONE » September 21, 2007, 9:40 pm

Kudjap i agree fully. I have had this with the bbc websites as well when i try and watch their live sports,they say for u.k residents as well,and in irony i tred to watch from their website a football game that was not a premier league game and got the same message. Then found out it was being broadcast live on the south african channel here in udon...I question the logic there...Posts in this forum have recently discussed thai logic...I think we have to question our own nations logic..Or maybe just maybe has Thaskin shinawhatever bought ITV coz he was missing the ones he owned or ruled over here??

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » September 22, 2007, 8:55 am

Timone, probably the latter Thaksin taking over the media then the world.............lol

Maybe the BBC and ITV should introduce an expat membership status for us overseas....

From your post above, the program 'hide my ip address' has the tendancy to take over your browser. It has been known to invade the computer so that any new browser window that is opened is directed to their program download page although it is not shown as default homepage under the internet options tab. It even takes over all favorites and directs to their download page. The fixes on their site do not seem to work. This is information given to me by a friend who is an internet security guru in Australia....... He says the easy way is to avoid using this program or if you have uninstall it and carry out a system restore to rid your PC of anything pertaining to the program.

Haven't used the program myself so this is only information given and passed on in good faith.

TIMONE
udonmap.com

Post by TIMONE » September 22, 2007, 12:23 pm

Thanks for the info kudjap about hide my i.p.. I am useing invisible browsing,but after reading ur post i will go a tech forum and see what members have to say about that...Maybe i am more visible than i think,coz maybe that program has the same tendencies as hide my i.p.....I use the prog just to circumvent things like itv,or blocked sites by thai isp's then it is turned of,because it slows browseing down. Now i have a possble reason why it slows browsing down. i.e maybe its busy redirecting to wherever it can gain from..
Re catching up on british t.v there is a british torrent site called u.k nova which provides all british tv..It is a bit like demonoid where you need to be a member(free) but it is only open for membership at infrequent times,or if you get an invitation from another member like i did at demonoid...I have been pursueing membership at u.k nova in trying to swap a demonoid invitation for one in internet forums....Once a member you can give 5 invitations out..Should that happen i will p.m you with an invite.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » September 23, 2007, 7:26 am

Thank you Timone, I would apreciate that. I also a member of demonoid, guess I was lucky as I signed up without an invitation..... Will be interested to find out any info on the Invisible Browsing program.
I also found a couple of sites where you do not need to download a program to anonymously browse, merely select the anon ip address in the country you desire, although I can't get to watch the ITV site through any of them yet..... the big drawback with them though is the advertising you need to wade through

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » September 23, 2007, 7:36 am

Hey Timone, I just looked at UK Nova, if this is the correct url http://www.uknova.com/ and signed up without a problem.

Can't see where I can invite people though.....it's still in a "little bit beta" state according to the home page................give it a go to sign up, let me know if you still can't and I'll try to find out how I invite

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » September 23, 2007, 7:39 am

From the UK Nova FAQ's

Why can't my friend join?
There is a limit of 35,000 users. When the limit is reached we stop accepting new members. Also, the limit is revised from time to time and may go down as well as up. Accounts which are inactive for 42 days are automatically deleted to make way for new users. There can be up to 300 new accounts available per day so if your friend keeps trying at regular intervals they have a good chance of becoming a member!

How do I get invites for friends?
This site doesn't issue invites, sorry.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » September 25, 2007, 9:58 am

TIMONE
I'm trying the program you mention invisible browsing, have downloaded it scanned etc etc, when I try to manually change the IP address to a UK proxy I get an error message "MFC Appplication has stopped, program is shutting down" any ideas what I'm doing wrong'?
I even shut down my firewall and tried but got the same result..

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » September 26, 2007, 7:07 am

OK have been told by the invisibel browsing developers they have problems with their product on Vista..............

Return to “Open Forum”