Non Wau Sor News

Udon Thani news, views and comments
TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Re: Non Wau Sor News

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » March 31, 2018, 1:37 pm

Had a few hours in NWS yesterday few beers in porch monkey bar and a delivery from tom and jees,excellent food greek salad was fantastic ,good bunch of lads not a chang vest in site nice little,town/village

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Red Cross NWS branch.

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 31, 2018, 3:32 pm

trubrit wrote:
March 14, 2018, 8:21 am
I often post about the fund raising activities we all get up to on behalf of our local Red Cross so I thought just for a change I would show where some of that money and a lot of effort goes .
This destitute family was brought to our attention by the village headman of their mountain village after the recent birth of their latest child .They are all living in a make do shelter, can't really call it a house, getting by as best they could but never asking or expecting assistance from any one .When we heard of their plight we went to see them to see whether they could be helped, I'm glad to say with the combined financial assistance of the local Amphoe and Red Cross funds we are going to build them a , be it modest, a small proper constructed house and have arranged for an expert on self sufficient agriculture to teach them how to produce crops to eat and hopefully able to sell the surplus at market .
.rede dx fam.jpg The family .

.red x2.jpg How they lived .We brought the water .
.redex3.jpg
.red x.jpg

I would just add they have given their permission for me to detail this .
Now that's not the the only example of how the Red Cross work locally .Just last week the team attended a rather distressing incident where a house was burnt down, being of wooden construction it was totally destroyed .In this incident they were able to provide the materials for the occupants to rebuild a home , but owing to the obvious distress of all involved I won't publish further details or photos .
Just two recent examples of how the money from the fund raising Mango Fair and other events, all contributed by the general public is used to benefit other not so fortunate , in the area .
Maybe I should just explain, I use the pronoun "we" above but I am not actually a member of the Red Cross but as my wife is Gen Sec of the Non Wau So branch, I cannot but help get involved in the work she does , and are pleased to do so .
Very heartwarming story Val , well done your missus (and you) plus all the Red Cross volunteers involved , great idea to get these people properly housed and as self sufficient as possible ... just a thought it might be an idea for one of them to have the "snip" so no more babies add to their burden .. proper sex education within the national curiculum is sadly lacking here , creating larger than planned families , teenage mums fatherless kids and kids dumped with grand parents is the norm .. JUST A THOUGHT .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: The Red Cross NWS branch.

Post by trubrit » March 31, 2018, 7:08 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 31, 2018, 3:32 pm

Very heartwarming story Val , well done your missus (and you) plus all the Red Cross volunteers involved , great idea to get these people properly housed and as self sufficient as possible ... just a thought it might be an idea for one of them to have the "snip" so no more babies add to their burden .. proper *** education within the national curiculum is sadly lacking here , creating larger than planned families , teenage mums fatherless kids and kids dumped with grand parents is the norm .. JUST A THOUGHT .
One of the problems with that Jon is that a lot of Thais , unlike us, don't consider the cost of bringing kids up but instead regard them as a source of income for their old age .Personally I don't like the thought of imposing any means of birth control based on education or financial status of the parents although I agree with your sentiments.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Army recruitment day

Post by trubrit » April 2, 2018, 9:17 am

Todays the day for those Thai youths to register for their compulsory army conscription.
army1.jpg
Sorting the boys from the would be girls. If they have breasts they are not eligible apparently .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Return to “Udon Thani News”