Fire at the new IT Mall opposite UD Town

Udon Thani news, views and comments
lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » July 18, 2012, 11:46 am

Apparently there was a fire at the new IT Mall opposite UD Town on Monday according to a post on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
fire-it-mall.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 18, 2012, 2:30 pm

Quick read says it was a short circuit.....nothing serious.

We passed by this afternoon......it's hard to believe they'll be open in less than a month.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 19, 2012, 11:16 am

Man this city is growing wonder where we rate at to the largest cities now. I assume more population then Khan Kean. Lots of activity on ring road between Global and Nong Sai road as well.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 19, 2012, 12:01 pm

Judging from the numbers at http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/รายชื่อจัง ... นวนประชากร, Khonkaen's (provincial) population is about 200,000 more than Udon's. Khonkaen's lead over Udon (in population) hasn't changed much over the past 5 years.
Judging from the numbers at wiki, Khonkaen province has 1,768,528 as compared to Udon's 1,548,107. But Udon's city population is larger....427,919 as compared to 385,244.

I remember many conversations with Harry (Harry's Bar) about Udon growing up. Probably much less than 9 years ago, places like Chern Chim and Bookhouse and McDonald's were off of Harry's radar for a place like Udon. The changes in Udon in the past 5 years are dramatic.....and no end in sight!

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » July 19, 2012, 12:50 pm

No end in sight yes, who would have forseen the changes on both side of Thong Yai road.
UD Town and now the Nevada Mall and Cinema.
Soon a Ice skating rink, amusements, and the airport recieving more cash to handle more flights.
Shame the the roads have not been upgraded along with all the commercial development.
The roads are exactly the same from the days when you never, ever, saw a saloon car.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 19, 2012, 5:50 pm

I wonder if places like Nong Bua are included in the Udon figures. A good portion if what we call Udon is made up of other little cities, I would have never believed this ten years ago.

Didn't know about the new movie location, or Ice rink

Return to “Udon Thani News”