Bypass Road Discussions

Udon Thani news, views and comments
parrot
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by parrot » September 17, 2013, 10:46 am

City planners are discussing building a bypass road between Hwy 2 (south) and Hwy 22 (east). Could be years away.....could be tomorrow....given that t.i.t.
The map in the article is a bit fuzzy, so I created my own version......the red line isn't exactly the same as the original, but it's close enough to give an idea where the road might be located.
Attachments
wp000421.jpg
Capture.JPG

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by FrazeeDK » September 17, 2013, 11:51 am

thanks John! Interesting route and that particular area is pretty much empty and undeveloped. Funny that in the last 6 months I've noted extensive land "improvement" (filling with dirt) of very large tracts of land (up to 70 rai) quite near that planned route... Guess I'll have to take the scooter and cruise around some of the area to see if surveyors have staked anything out.
Dave

douglas
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by douglas » September 17, 2013, 12:21 pm

Hi,
It was my thought that they were planning a new ring road around all of UdonThani. This was on the forum a while ago with all the plans of where it was going to be located. I live on the stretch of the single carriageway, they were going to make it a duel, about 18 months ago. Filled in each side and hen stopped. Asked the workforce and they said there were plans to make a new ring road so they canceled the duel carriageway. But T.I.T. we shall see.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by JimboPSM » September 17, 2013, 1:12 pm

douglas wrote:.... they were going to make it a duel ...
So no change then :shock:
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

parrot
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by parrot » September 17, 2013, 8:15 pm

douglas wrote:Hi,
It was my thought that they were planning a new ring road around all of UdonThani. This was on the forum a while ago with all the plans of where it was going to be located. I live on the stretch of the single carriageway, they were going to make it a duel, about 18 months ago. Filled in each side and hen stopped. Asked the workforce and they said there were plans to make a new ring road so they canceled the duel carriageway. But T.I.T. we shall see.

If you're talking about the ring road that runs past Maliwan, I believe that construction is beginning.....albeit slowly. Trees coming down, contract is let....but haven't seen the normal sign announcing the terms of the contract. If anyone sees one posted on the side of the roadway (usually in blue), take a photo and I'll translate it for the members.

mak
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by mak » September 17, 2013, 8:25 pm

Looks like a short cut to the golf course from the SN road. There was a rumor recently that the Srithani golf course had been sold.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by FrazeeDK » September 17, 2013, 8:27 pm

you can bet that the land on any proposed or rumored route was bought up by speculators with the original owners probably not having a clue.. It will be resold to the government at a premium for the road right of way...
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by FrazeeDK » September 19, 2013, 7:50 pm

Parrot, I was looking at the map you put up back in June showing the planned outer ring road. The bypass you reference in this string is clearly shown on that map.. At the time, I noted it but didn't assign any import to it..
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by parrot » September 19, 2013, 8:59 pm

That would make sense to become the first link in the second ring.

Galee
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by Galee » September 19, 2013, 9:18 pm

parrot wrote:That would make sense to become the first link in the second ring.
No, this road is separate from the new proposed ring road, which will/might be built further out.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/d ... &mode=view

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by Khun Paul » September 20, 2013, 5:51 am

A new ring road right arounbd Udon is still on the cards according to my source, however it may be that this shortened version will be the start of it, sort built in bits as and when required and monies become available.
Judging by the build up of traffic between tesco Nong Khai trun and the Big C strech of the current ring road, looks like possibly logic is playing a part, plus with the NEW Raja baht ( 20,000 +) students being built near to the proposed route talked about makes perfect sense, otherwise 40 % of those students will have to clog up even more ring road.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by FrazeeDK » September 20, 2013, 9:40 am

then I hope the road builders have at it and quickly... Perhaps the monies are in the currently debated 2.2 trillion "infrastructure" bill in parliament...??
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by parrot » September 20, 2013, 2:29 pm

That bypass road is not part of the proposed second ring. The second ring is proposed to begin just south of the Army camp at Ramuson (conveniently where the potash veins are) and head north to Hwy 22.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/s ... g&start=15
Attachments
264518_511450105581617_1519935579_n.jpg

Galee
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by Galee » September 20, 2013, 3:12 pm

parrot wrote:That bypass road is not part of the proposed second ring. The second ring is proposed to begin just south of the Army camp at Ramuson (conveniently where the potash veins are) and head north to Hwy 22.

I was sure that was what I said in my previous comment. I even included a link. Guess I must be getting a bit senile in my old age. :D

parrot
udonmap.com

Bypass Road Discussions

Post by parrot » September 20, 2013, 3:59 pm

Galee wrote:
parrot wrote:That bypass road is not part of the proposed second ring. The second ring is proposed to begin just south of the Army camp at Ramuson (conveniently where the potash veins are) and head north to Hwy 22.

I was sure that was what I said in my previous comment. I even included a link. Guess I must be getting a bit senile in my old age. :D

Or me getting ahead of myself.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Bypass Road Discussions

Post by parrot » February 10, 2017, 7:29 pm

For those who follow such things, the discussions continue:
https://www.facebook.com/udontoday.news/
Attachments
16700694_803521353120676_318035943055023023_o.jpg
16700336_803521273120684_381963321444204197_o.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 10, 2017, 8:00 pm

Has anyone got a clear map of what MIGHT be the proposed second ring road around Udon Thani? If so I'd appreciate an emailed copy to [email protected] . Let's hope it goes ahead, the old ring road is fast becoming unfit for purpose.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 10, 2017, 8:16 pm

vincemunday wrote:Has anyone got a clear map of what MIGHT be the proposed second ring road around Udon Thani? If so I'd appreciate an emailed copy to [email protected] . Let's hope it goes ahead, the old ring road is fast becoming unfit for purpose.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/s ... 28132.html

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 10, 2017, 9:37 pm

You can post as many copies of the proposed road as you like, just be rest assured none of us will be in the upright walking position by the time this road is in use, that's any section.
You only have to see around the ring road and many secondary village roads that there is no effort to have a good road system. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 11, 2017, 6:30 am

Unfortunately Barney is right, the ability to even link traffic lights together or to use them effectively is lost on the Road management skills of the RTP.
Infrastructure was one of the things that drew me to Udon as 15 years ago they had a distinct advantage over other large towns cities.
However with the grow population and vast increase in traffic in the town they are at a loss and as for the ringroad, well it took them 13 years to complete the last bit ( badly ) they are building a new uni ( expected 20,000 students ) at Sampro with zero infrastructure in place and now they wish to build a second link to the Nong Khai . But at no time do they get the State railway to widen or make more efficient the rail crossings so whatever you do a funnel effect will occur causing holdups ad infinitum as we all know near to UD town on the Phrosi Road.

Return to “Udon Thani News”