New Rules,re 90 day report

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » May 1, 2015, 8:00 pm

Did I say tip???????????? all mentioned was a comment.

nokia0077
udonmap.com

Post by nokia0077 » May 2, 2015, 6:31 pm

My mom always told me that there are no STUPID questions. So ,here is one. How many of you knew that it was alright to remove the 90 day slip that is ALWAYS stapled to your passport...by show of hands....anyone ????

My next question is this...where does one go to get a handbook for ALIENS that give ALL of the rules and regs in regards to Immigration. I have found that since moving here in 2007 I have had to rely on short unfriendly and hard to understand answers from the nice officers at the Pattaya immigration office. like when I finally sit down in front of the desk and give him what I THINK he needs and he tells me I need 2 copies of THIS passport page and sends me away to go outside and wait at the copy shop and then return. When I finally get to the desk, give him the copies he asked for we continue only for him to tell again that I also need 2 copies of THAT and looks at me like I should know this and I am wasting HIS time. Personally, I think they like humiliating us just because they can. On more than one occasion when doing my retirement visa they would give me a number and tell me to return tomorrow after noon to pick up my passport and extention only to go through the hassle to drive there and have the lady tell me ...sorry, not ready yet and then move on with her day.
Needless to say these people are NOT on my Xmas card list...But then we bought some property, built a small house and moved to the countryside of Udon Thani....Life was good. Dealing with the folks at immigration here was a cakewalk in comparison. Made my 90 day report on time, Got my retirement visa on time with very little hassle. O.K. the odd lack of change not being returned here and there, the request to make a donation for this or that..small issues that in the interest of keeping my relationship with them a pleasant one.

As some of you are aware, the US embassy was here a couple of weeks ago and I went to apply for a new passport as my current one had run out of pages. I will be re doing my retirement visa in Oct, so getting my passport issue done now will help. When I applied, they took my passport and told me it would be mailed back to me in 2 weeks in the prepaid envelope....cool.

I don't know about the rest of you but I tend not to plan my life a month in advance and keep those plans in my head. So last Thursday, the 30th, I was planning a trip to town and the wife said Friday thru Tues was a holiday week end. Since my 90 day report was due no later than Tues. I knew I would have to stop by during this trip...no problem. OH wait a minute there is one slight problem. No passport, No 90 day report. So I thought about it and grabbed my old passport so they could use it to look up my file on their computer. When I walked in @ 3:30 there were at least 6 employees and NO other customers but me. I sat down in front of the short, chubby guy with glasses and gave him my old passport and started to politely explain my position. I wanted him to know that I had come in 5 days EARLY to let them know what had happened. I showed him the receipts from the Embassy for renewal of my passport while he is thumbing thru my old passport saying : where is the slip. where is the slip. I told him that it was just for I.D. purposes and asked him if he could look me up in the computer and possibly do my 90 day report that way because my new passport would not arrive in time. No, he said nothing in the computer, must have slip..well things just went down hill from there. He told me that there was NO WAY he could even tell if I had a VISA or not. 8 immigration officers, multiple computers that seem to know everything about me every other time I walk in there and there I am, politely asking for help and this guy is flipping me sh*t. That's when I pushed my chair back stood up and walked out the door. 2 minutes later I came back in and went over to the other people and asked to see the BOSS... That is when my wife came over and took my arm an led me out the front door....When I calmed down a bit I asked her what the 4 eyed guy was doing pointing at the camera on the wall above his desk. She said he told her that it records everything that happens... I said " GOOD" I might need it for my defense.
When my NEW PASSPORT arrives I will be returning to the scene of the crime with my ass in my hand and a large wad of 20 bt bills . My question is this...Should I bring an extra pair of clean underwear and a toothbrush ?????

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » May 3, 2015, 6:31 am

merchant seaman wrote:Why is tipping 100b corruption? Was it demanded or even asked for? Or did the guy in front of you do it all on his own?
Have never tipped when doing the 90 day report,no wonder he gives me a dirty look each time,normally he is a happy chap :-#

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 3, 2015, 8:01 am

nokia0077 wrote:My mom always told me that there are no STUPID questions. So ,here is one. How many of you knew that it was alright to remove the 90 day slip that is ALWAYS stapled to your passport...by show of hands....anyone ????

My next question is this...where does one go to get a handbook for ALIENS that give ALL of the rules and regs in regards to Immigration. I have found that since moving here in 2007 I have had to rely on short unfriendly and hard to understand answers from the nice officers at the Pattaya immigration office. like when I finally sit down in front of the desk and give him what I THINK he needs and he tells me I need 2 copies of THIS passport page and sends me away to go outside and wait at the copy shop and then return. When I finally get to the desk, give him the copies he asked for we continue only for him to tell again that I also need 2 copies of THAT and looks at me like I should know this and I am wasting HIS time. Personally, I think they like humiliating us just because they can. On more than one occasion when doing my retirement visa they would give me a number and tell me to return tomorrow after noon to pick up my passport and extention only to go through the hassle to drive there and have the lady tell me ...sorry, not ready yet and then move on with her day.
Needless to say these people are NOT on my Xmas card list...But then we bought some property, built a small house and moved to the countryside of Udon Thani....Life was good. Dealing with the folks at immigration here was a cakewalk in comparison. Made my 90 day report on time, Got my retirement visa on time with very little hassle. O.K. the odd lack of change not being returned here and there, the request to make a donation for this or that..small issues that in the interest of keeping my relationship with them a pleasant one.

As some of you are aware, the US embassy was here a couple of weeks ago and I went to apply for a new passport as my current one had run out of pages. I will be re doing my retirement visa in Oct, so getting my passport issue done now will help. When I applied, they took my passport and told me it would be mailed back to me in 2 weeks in the prepaid envelope....cool.

I don't know about the rest of you but I tend not to plan my life a month in advance and keep those plans in my head. So last Thursday, the 30th, I was planning a trip to town and the wife said Friday thru Tues was a holiday week end. Since my 90 day report was due no later than Tues. I knew I would have to stop by during this trip...no problem. OH wait a minute there is one slight problem. No passport, No 90 day report. So I thought about it and grabbed my old passport so they could use it to look up my file on their computer. When I walked in @ 3:30 there were at least 6 employees and NO other customers but me. I sat down in front of the short, chubby guy with glasses and gave him my old passport and started to politely explain my position. I wanted him to know that I had come in 5 days EARLY to let them know what had happened. I showed him the receipts from the Embassy for renewal of my passport while he is thumbing thru my old passport saying : where is the slip. where is the slip. I told him that it was just for I.D. purposes and asked him if he could look me up in the computer and possibly do my 90 day report that way because my new passport would not arrive in time. No, he said nothing in the computer, must have slip..well things just went down hill from there. He told me that there was NO WAY he could even tell if I had a VISA or not. 8 immigration officers, multiple computers that seem to know everything about me every other time I walk in there and there I am, politely asking for help and this guy is flipping me sh*t. That's when I pushed my chair back stood up and walked out the door. 2 minutes later I came back in and went over to the other people and asked to see the BOSS... That is when my wife came over and took my arm an led me out the front door....When I calmed down a bit I asked her what the 4 eyed guy was doing pointing at the camera on the wall above his desk. She said he told her that it records everything that happens... I said " GOOD" I might need it for my defense.
When my NEW PASSPORT arrives I will be returning to the scene of the crime with my ass in my hand and a large wad of 20 bt bills . My question is this...Should I bring an extra pair of clean underwear and a toothbrush ?????
Hi Nokia! Just curious to know how you could apply for a new US Passport without turning in the old one with the application since that is what I had to do a few weeks back when I met with the US Consulate folks. I suppose you created your own problem by not keeping up with the old receipt for your last 90 day report, but I agree that the four-eyed immigration officer was trying to set you up to get some tea money for "fixing" your problem. This guy is notorious for capitalizing on any situation that is out of the ordinary and creating a problem when there really is none so he can extract money from someone. When you return to immigration it might be a good idea to let the wife lead the conversation and start with a few deep wais while you assume the all too familiar position of the panting puppy dog with your tail between your legs! Just remember that the penalty for doing a late report is a maximum of 2000 Baht and some have paid as much as 5000 Baht or more at the whim of the immigration officer. Good luck and let us know what happens when you return.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » May 3, 2015, 8:08 am

Perhaps it would be best for Immigration close down the Udon office and make everyone in Udon use another office.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 3, 2015, 8:16 am

And why would that be best for everyone

nokia0077
udonmap.com

Post by nokia0077 » May 3, 2015, 8:42 am

semperfiguy wrote:Hi Nokia! Just curious to know how you could apply for a new US Passport without turning in the old one with the application since that is what I had to do a few weeks back when I met with the US Consulate folks. I suppose you created your own problem by not keeping up with the old receipt for your last 90 day report, but I agree that the four-eyed immigration officer was trying to set you up to get some tea money for "fixing" your problem. This guy is notorious for capitalizing on any situation that is out of the ordinary and creating a problem when there really is none so he can extract money from someone. When you return to immigration it might be a good idea to let the wife lead the conversation and start with a few deep wais while you assume the all too familiar position of the panting puppy dog with your tail between your legs! Just remember that the penalty for doing a late report is a maximum of 2000 Baht and some have paid as much as 5000 Baht or more at the whim of the immigration officer. Good luck and let us know what happens when you return.
FYI, My application with the embassy was for passport # 3. Passport # 2 ( current ) was sent along with app. I had expired passport #1 to show as I.D. and verify passport #.

As to your 2nd suggestion, I have sent the wife into many a situation in the past and trust me when I say. This guy has a much better chance with me. I have seen her mad, Mr 90 day report would be reduced to a bumbling idiot in moments and besides.... I am not beyond burying myself alive to prove I know to use a shovel....

Anyone know the best place to get 5,000 bt worth of 20 bt bills...............and a good shovel.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 3, 2015, 9:00 am

nokia0077 wrote: Anyone know the best place to get ............... a good shovel.
bignote1 seems to allude to some knowledge of shovels here: :D

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/u ... 2-165.html

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 3, 2015, 9:05 am

nokia0077 wrote:My mom always told me that there are no STUPID questions. So ,here is one. How many of you knew that it was alright to remove the 90 day slip that is ALWAYS stapled to your passport...by show of hands....anyone ????

This is pretty much the way it goes in Thailand. Murphy's Law is alive and well here....if anything can go wrong....it will!
Attachments
Having Plans.jpg
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 3, 2015, 9:17 am

Just so No American is confused on getting a new passport best check the US Embassy web site. Also they have a No Tip policy.
Passport renewal applications ($110.00 or Baht 3,630.00 for adult passports, and $105.00 or Baht 3,465.00 for a child’s passport). There are two options for obtaining your new passport; (a) The mail back option: There will be prepaid Thailand Post envelopes (costing Baht 80.00) available for purchase if you wish to have your passport mailed back to you. Please note your current passport MUST be submitted to the consular officer if you will be requesting this option. (b) Collecting in person from the Embassy: You may collect your passport in person from the Embassy in Bangkok and be sure to bring your current passport. Or, you may give written authorization for someone to collect the passport on your behalf. Choosing this option will allow you to hold your passport until you pick up your new passport at the Embassy.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » May 3, 2015, 10:34 am

nokia0077 wrote:

If it were me in your shoes...I'd wait for the new passport to arrive (probably sometime next week if went out on the day ACS was here). You have a 7 day grace period from the due date (May 5th?) of your 90 day report which would put you at overstay on or about May 13th. If the passport arrives before May 12th, you should be ok.

If the passport arrives after the 13th you may or may not avoid overstay fees, but at least you have your new passport to better explain the circumstances. Also, you'll need to transfer the visa & extension from old to new passport...normally a free service, but be prepared to be asked for a 500 or 1000bt donation.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 3, 2015, 2:04 pm

nokia0077 wrote: FYI, My application with the embassy was for passport # 3. Passport # 2 ( current ) was sent along with app. I had expired passport #1 to show as I.D. and verify passport #.
Your passport number changes when you get a new one. I'm guessing that's probably why he couldn't find anything on you in the computer. A photo copy of your current passport may have worked better.
UFF DA!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 8, 2015, 9:14 pm

Did my first 90 day report. Was unsure what they would want, so went a couple of days early to find out. Arrived after Lunch, no queue for 90 day counter, handed over passport. One signature and 2 minutes later, finished. No request for payment of any kind. A pleasant experience.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 8, 2015, 9:17 pm

jackspratt wrote:Anyone from UM done this online yet?

If so, I am sure members would appreciate your feedback. =D>
Still no-one done an online report yet?

We are a conservative, cautious mob, aren't we. :D

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » May 8, 2015, 9:38 pm

Last month renewed my annual visa........asked about the on-line 90 day report and the guy said.......not available yet.

So would be interested if anyone has done a 90 day report on-line yet here in Udon.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 9, 2015, 4:30 am

I'm due 9o day report .will try it on the 19th , it's the earliest i can try it .

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 12, 2015, 9:02 am

Well sent wife to do my 90 day report. He tells her its not the same anymore, need to take picture, so he needs to come in. Makes one wonder how one can do 90 day report Online.

Udon seems to have its own rules. :(

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » May 12, 2015, 9:30 am

I did a 90 day report yesterday. No picture taken.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 12, 2015, 9:39 am

My previous 90 day reporting was scheduled for June 17 (notify your address again on June 17 2015 ).
However i just came back from an overseas trip...I have a multiple entry 1 year visa.
Do i have to report on June 17 or in 90 days from my last re-entry date ( last week ) ?
Thanks.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 12, 2015, 9:43 am

the-monk wrote: Do i have to report on June 17 or in 90 days from my last re-entry date ( last week ) ?
Thanks.
The latter.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”