Thai immigration is considering forcing some retirees to show a bank statement with 800,000 baht balance every three mon

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Twixies
udonmap.com

Thai immigration is considering forcing some retirees to show a bank statement with 800,000 baht balance every three mon

Post by Twixies » January 31, 2019, 3:40 pm

Seems like Big Joke is going for Retire with fake bank account :cry:
https://www.facebook.com/fabulous103/vi ... 380283300/

Twixies
udonmap.com

Re: Thai immigration is considering forcing some retirees to show a bank statement with 800,000 baht balance every three

Post by Twixies » January 31, 2019, 8:50 pm

UPDATE:

Confirmed in police order No. 35/2561 obtained by ******, foreigners who apply for a retirement extension using the 800k baht in the bank or the combination of income method now need to keep 800k baht in the bank for three months after the extension and 400k baht in the bank after that.

Foreigners must still be able to show the 800k baht in a Thai bank two months before the application for the retirement extension.

The requirements for a retirement extension according to the new police order are as follows:

(1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (Non-Im)
(2) Must be 50 years of age or over
(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than THB 65,000 or;
(4) At least 2 months prior to filing date, and at least 3 months after being granted permission, the alien must have fund deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than THB 800,000. The alien can withdraw the fund 3 months after being granted permission and the remaining balance must be no less than THB 400,00 or;
(5) Must have and annual earning and fund deposited with a commercial bank in Thailand totalling of no less than THB 800,000 until the filing date. The said fund must remain in the account prior to and after the permission is granted and the alien can make a withdrawal under the same conditions as stated in (4). 

The new requirements to keep 400k baht in the bank for three months after the retirement visa is granted is effective from 1st March 2019.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Thai immigration is considering forcing some retirees to show a bank statement with 800,000 baht balance every three

Post by tamada » February 1, 2019, 10:03 am

Since this news broke, the related thread on the 'big' forum has racked up over 800 responses in 14 hours. They have to be loving the up-tick in revenues even if most respondents aint lovin' Big Joke any more.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 1, 2019, 10:38 am

Lots of pirates going home soon.

GUEST_d8e3577e-0865-4379-b37c-b71391a9a0b9.jpeg
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 1, 2019, 10:56 am

Oi , Who said you could play with my boat ?
Dont know about pirates going home , but theres a lot of law abiding retirees who will suffer because of this .
What with the exchange rates and immigration pulling new laws out their arse every five minutes , its just getting harder and harder to justify staying in Thailand .
If they really wanna catch scammers then they should look a bit further than the farangs , and start looking a little closer to home !!!! :roll:

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 2, 2019, 10:04 am

saint wrote:
February 1, 2019, 10:56 am
Dont know about pirates going home , but theres a lot of law abiding retirees who will suffer because of this .
What with the exchange rates and immigration pulling new laws out their arse every five minutes , its just getting harder and harder to justify staying in Thailand .
If they really wanna catch scammers then they should look a bit further than the farangs , and start looking a little closer to home !!!! :roll:
Unfortunately, lots of good falangs harmed by actions of the bad falangs.

My IO source in BKK admitted that their efforts may cause some collateral damage and force some uncomfortable choices to be made, but Immigration wants to get better control of the situation.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » February 2, 2019, 11:09 am

Lone Star wrote:
February 2, 2019, 10:04 am
saint wrote:
February 1, 2019, 10:56 am
Unfortunately, lots of good falangs harmed by actions of the bad falangs.

My IO source in BKK admitted that their efforts may cause some collateral damage and force some uncomfortable choices to be made, but Immigration wants to get better control of the situation.
Yea right , of course they do . Just a way of making more pocket money .

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 2, 2019, 11:29 am

Nothing is simple and things change. When I first moved upcountry, the immigration officer didn't like my income letter from the US embassy. He said that people lie. I couldn't argue that. It would be better for me to have the 800,000 in a Thai bank. So, I put the 800,000 in my Thai bank, didn't touch it and everything went easy that first time. During my next extension he looked at my bank book and bank letter and had another problem. He wanted to know where I was working. I told him that I was retired and wasn't working. He asked how I could live here without any money. I showed him my US bank ATM card and some withdrawal receipts. He reluctantly accepted that. He then told me that I should be using money from the 800,000 and top it back up before the next extension. Each office makes up their own rules as they go along and they are NEVER wrong.

I jump through all their hoops and often wonder if it is worth it. I have other immigration horror stories that are even worse but I won't bother to elaborate. When the immigration office gets a new boss, things change again and usually not for the better. It appears that my office is going backwards.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”