Marriage Extension New Rule

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
dragonz
udonmap.com

Re: Marriage Extension New Rule

Post by dragonz » April 27, 2019, 12:14 pm

Gets confusing because people keep talking about a retirement extension on a marraige extension thread ????????????
There are no marraige extension rule changes at all on the government website or on the thai visa published copy in english , NONE.
The new conditions for marraige extension are stricter control of existing rules .
First say this for the 100th time . First extension money has to be in the bank 2 months , every subsequent extension in the bank for 3 months and that is 3 month from when your extension finishes not when you apply for a renewal a month early . I have been doing this extension for 8 yrs and i knew from the first extension this was the case so do not understand why it is so difficult for some people .
Asking for an up to date kor ror 2/22 is not a new rule it is just immigration wanting to make sure that the person applying is still legally married as i they seem to think some are divorced and as 1 case i know was using a new gf to get the married extension

There is no need to keep 400,000 baht in the bank for a year for a marraige exentsion .

Wide Awake
udonmap.com

Post by Wide Awake » April 27, 2019, 2:16 pm

Sorry to get you off your rabbit chasing....I stumbled across a "loop hole" in the Marriage renewal process, regarding "emergency" proceedures, regarding Renewals and Funds...this was given to me by a "trusted' one at Immigration
But, I'm not going to post it on here, becuase you got things like Tamada waiting to disrupt the order of this info.
But, I will say......if you have a serious situation, pull one of these Officials aside, they can help you. Not all of them are bad...

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 28, 2019, 8:49 am

dragonz wrote:
April 27, 2019, 12:14 pm

First say this for the 100th time . First extension money has to be in the bank 2 months , every subsequent extension in the bank for 3 months and that is 3 month from when your extension finishes not when you apply for a renewal a month early . I have been doing this extension for 8 yrs and i knew from the first extension this was the case so do not understand why it is so difficult for some people .
Because 3 months is not the requirement for a marrage extension, it was the one for a retirement extension.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 28, 2019, 9:59 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 28, 2019, 8:49 am
dragonz wrote:

Because 3 months is not the requirement for a marrage extension, it was the one for a retirement extension.
And this is the marraige extension new rule thread even though there are no new rules , I do not state anything about retirement as i never have done one but have done about 8 marriage ext it is 2 months in the bank for first ext and 3 months for all other ext and always has been .
The only differences this years is the new kor ror2/22 .my ext ended 29 mar and i went to renew on 5 mar . When they asked me a month later to bring my updated bankbook in i asked why and was told the money had to be in the bank fro 3 months up to the 29 mar not when i applied for renewal 5 mar . makes sense but then i said well does not have to be 3 months at the mar just got a smile so basically has to be in 4 months now

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 28, 2019, 2:24 pm

Wide Awake wrote:
April 27, 2019, 2:16 pm
Sorry to get you off your rabbit chasing....I stumbled across a "loop hole" in the Marriage renewal process, regarding "emergency" proceedures, regarding Renewals and Funds...this was given to me by a "trusted' one at Immigration
But, I'm not going to post it on here, becuase you got things like Tamada waiting to disrupt the order of this info.
But, I will say......if you have a serious situation, pull one of these Officials aside, they can help you. Not all of them are bad...
With your form, I am not sure too many people would believe anything you post Felix.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » April 28, 2019, 9:11 pm

dragonz wrote:
April 28, 2019, 9:59 am
dragonz wrote:

And this is the marraige extension new rule thread even though there are no new rules , I do not state anything about retirement as i never have done one but have done about 8 marriage ext it is 2 months in the bank for first ext and 3 months for all other ext and always has been .
The only differences this years is the new kor ror2/22 .my ext ended 29 mar and i went to renew on 5 mar . When they asked me a month later to bring my updated bankbook in i asked why and was told the money had to be in the bank fro 3 months up to the 29 mar not when i applied for renewal 5 mar . makes sense but then i said well does not have to be 3 months at the mar just got a smile so basically has to be in 4 months now
You say this is a Marriage Extension New Rule thread but there are no New Rules, then you say the only difference is the New Kor Ror 2/22... surely this is a New Rule. You now, as of this year, need to supply an updated Kor Ror 2/22 when you reapply......Never did before therefore New Rule....hense the title of the thread.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 28, 2019, 10:18 pm

dragonz wrote:
April 28, 2019, 9:59 am

Yes? :? I submitted my application on the 25th, my money had been on deposit for 66 days (it is not my first extension.)
IMG_7314-3.jpeg
Information in the leaflet is the same as the police order under.

Police Order 327_2557 (2014) - extension criteria & conditions en - Siam Translation 3

Clause 2.18 (Marrage) (6)money in the bank. No changes published for Clause 2.18 yet.
IMG_7318-3.jpeg
IMG_7317-3.jpeg

Clause 2.22 (retirement) (4)money in the bank. Clause 2.22 is the clause that has been modified this year
IMG_7316-3.jpeg
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » April 30, 2019, 3:21 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
April 26, 2019, 3:47 pm
........If that's not an option then its the marriage visa route, again sufficient pension income, way over the 40'k a month needed or have over 400,000k if required, been in for two months now, would prefer income method rather than savings as don't fancy tying my capital up for any prolonged time.The problem I foresee is that all my pension providers including the UK govt send the money to City Bank in Bangkok from where it is transferred to my account at Bangkok bank, thereby showing as an internal country transfer rather than received from overseas.Been on to both banks and am told they can't do any different......
I've cut and paste just part of your previous post and am aware you've received advice already. I'm in a similar position to you in that I can retain a 400,000 lump in the bank, but would prefer the income method, fearing my wife may have problems getting the money from my account if I suddenly take 'the downstairs escalator'. We're often uncertain how any one Immigration Officer will choose to deal with an application, particularly here in proving income is from the UK. Would the same backup paperwork you presumably provided to the UK Embassy for the discontinued letter plus your Thai bank information letter/statement be sufficient? Who knows?
The point of my post now is just to say that I've tested getting further information from my bank concerning my three, monthly-paid UK pensions i.e. getting them to provide additional paperwork to show the income originates in the UK (as you've probably discovered, the coding given on your bank book and the statement doesn't help). It seems one of my pensions comes direct to my local SCB bank, whilst the other two are via Citibank, Bangkok. Following a call to the SCB helpline and someone there explaining to the local branch girl how to generate it on the computer, success. I just picked out a month and example of each transfer and now have 'Credit Advices' which contain extra information including under 'Sender' or 'Ordering Customer' the UK providers. The amounts transferred obviously link to the bank statement/bank book. To my mind, surely any Immigration Officer would have to agree these 'example' credits originate in the UK and could see that, dependent on exchange rate, approximately the same amounts arrive every month or 4-weekly.
Will I pop in to Immigration now (I don't have to extend until early next year) to see if this additional paperwork will be considered proof of international transfer? Would a senior officer a) understand, b)be bothered c) be reliable and d)advise his colleagues that credit advices containing an overseas reference be considered proof? Doubtful. I rather feel an applicant would have to fight his own corner.
Anyway, the above may be of interest/helpful to some.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 1, 2019, 6:47 am

Ok Here's my penny's worth , re money in the bank re- marriage extension , and application for the marriage extension can be made upto 30 days before your last extension / visa expires,
on application there must be proof of at least 400,00 bht in a THAI bank account for a minimum of 60 days ,(i was quoted this as ,a friend went in submitted his papers ,they immediately stated come back in 3 days the funds have not been in the account 60 days or more) i took him back 3 days later all is good ,
So it's 60 days before APPLICATION ,,
it has been stated that 90 days is required (not true ) then on a technicality ,"well it has to sit there until Application is accepted , Yep i can see that ,
But in actual fact it could have to sit there 120 days ,4 months ,here's the reasoning , application 30 days before expiry of last extension ,(2 months in the bank ) acceptance of application , RETURN DATE TO PICK IT UP IS ALWAYS 30 days after your extension has expired (another 2 months in the bank ),( i have been in and picked up my extension early to the return date in the past ,how far you can push picking it up early ???)
So you wouldn't be moving any funds related to the application for an extension UNTILL YOUV"E GOT THE STAMP IN THE PASSPORT (just in case your denied for what ever reason

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » May 1, 2019, 8:39 am

Hoopoe wrote:
May 1, 2019, 6:47 am
Ok Here's my penny's worth , re money in the bank re- marriage extension , and application for the marriage extension can be made upto 30 days before your last extension / visa expires,
on application there must be proof of at least 400,00 bht in a THAI bank account for a minimum of 60 days ,(i was quoted this as ,a friend went in submitted his papers ,they immediately stated come back in 3 days the funds have not been in the account 60 days or more) i took him back 3 days later all is good ,
it has been stated that 90 days is required (not true ) then on a technicality ,"well it has to sit there until Application is accepted , Yep i can see that ,
But in actual fact it could have to sit there 120 days ,4 months ,here's the reasoning , application 30 days before expiry of last extension ,(2 months in the bank ) acceptance of application , RETURN DATE TO PICK IT UP IS ALWAYS 30 days after your extension has expired (another 2 months in the bank ),( i have been in and picked up my extension early to the return date in the past ,how far you can push picking it up early ???)
So you wouldn't be moving any funds related to the application for an extension UNTILL YOUV"E GOT THE STAMP IN THE PASSPORT (just in case your denied for what ever reason
Thank you for the first hand account of money in Bank 60 days prior to application. I was confused because of the conflicting posts I have read. Some say money in bank 60 days prior to expiration of extension date. I now realize it is 60 days prior to application date.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 1, 2019, 10:03 am

Hoopoe wrote:
May 1, 2019, 6:47 am
As far as I can see that that is all accurate and a good suggestion.

If you add in the new requirement I was given to return part way through the under consideration period with a further bank letter, statement and updated bank book. At the moment I am a statistic of 1 which proves nothing.

I would be very interested to know if anyone has applied after April 25 for a renewal (not first extension) for marriage and if they were or were not also given an appointment to return with bank letter bank, bank statement and updated bank book partway through the under consideration period, or at any time after applying.
how far you can push picking it up early ???
That is not dependent on Udon Immigration as it goes to Immigration Division 4 HQ in Korat for approval.
At the moment it is probably taking longer than the 30 days after expiration date of your current extension.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 2, 2019, 8:11 am

STWW
I know of a friend of mine who goes through Buri Ram I/O , for his extension based on marriage ,three times after application he had to show his bank account again (i don't know if he had to accompany it also with a letter ,)they over ran his pick up your extension date by almost 3 weeks, my question to him ,"did they re-stamp the collection date ,ie under consideration date , the answer was no ,
really pissed him of as its a 200 kilometer round trip ,

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 2, 2019, 8:28 am

Hoopoe wrote:
May 2, 2019, 8:11 am
STWW
I know of a friend of mine who goes through Buri Ram I/O , for his extension based on marriage ,three times after application he had to show his bank account again (i don't know if he had to accompany it also with a letter ,)they over ran his pick up your extension date by almost 3 weeks, my question to him ,"did they re-stamp the collection date ,ie under consideration date , the answer was no ,
really pissed him of as its a 200 kilometer round trip ,
Thanks for that, it is looking as if it may be a division 4 requirement as Buri Ram is also in the Korat region. I'm not surprised that they didn't re-stamp his passport as the under consideration stamp itself is good enough.

The only problem would be if you need to travel overseas during the under consideration period so need a re-entry stamp, you certainly can get one but the duration of it could be difficult.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » May 2, 2019, 10:17 am

When I was in the 'Under Consideration' period the youngish guy IO told me if I went overseas before the final stamp I'd have to restart the whole process again. I asked if that meant getting a new Non Imm O, he replied Yes.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 2, 2019, 11:02 am

Also to the above , just had confirmation ,on the request by Immigration for the bank information ,after initial application (3 times ) he had to produce a new bank confirmation letter,so in his case he produced the bank /funds info 4 times , their excuse ,when asked why " we've lost it ". Hmm i think if so then surely must have lost all the application doc's , BUT NO , so deduce it's the catch them out ,using an Agent with no real funds ,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 2, 2019, 11:26 am

Chriss wrote:
May 2, 2019, 10:17 am
When I was in the 'Under Consideration' period the youngish guy IO told me if I went overseas before the final stamp I'd have to restart the whole process again. I asked if that meant getting a new Non Imm O, he replied Yes.
Several years ago, when I was renewing a marriage extension, I needed to leave and return during the 'consideration' period. The lady serving me's initial 'Cannot!' was reversed after a short conversation with her peers so I got a Re-entry permit.

If you are referring to the current (mis)management, based on my two recent dealings with them (retirement extension and re-entry permit), I reckon "the youngish guy IO", despite acting like he's in charge of the typing pool, is totally winging it.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 2, 2019, 12:49 pm

" winging it"-Yes Tamada,after full 17 years here i can easly pick out those things that,in Thailand,is not considered by me as "winging it"..;-)

Have a great day Mr.Tam :-)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 2, 2019, 1:22 pm

Chriss wrote:
May 2, 2019, 10:17 am
That reinforces my opinion that he doesn't know the rules and just makes it up as he goes along. This another instance where he is flat out wrong.

Tom & Jee
udonmap.com

Post by Tom & Jee » May 3, 2019, 6:37 am

I was one of those told to not touch the money in the bank the time that my application for visa extension was under consideration. They were supposed to call me and should provide them with my updated bank book.
Three days ago (one week before the extra month finish) they called me from immigration and told me that my visa is ready . went there yesterday ...no bankbook asked just my passport. Everything good.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 3, 2019, 10:18 am

Tom & Jee wrote:
May 3, 2019, 6:37 am
I was one of those told to not touch the money in the bank the time that my application for visa extension was under consideration. They were supposed to call me and should provide them with my updated bank book.
Three days ago (one week before the extra month finish) they called me from immigration and told me that my visa is ready . went there yesterday ...no bankbook asked just my passport. Everything good.
How long had your money been in your account at the time you applied?
I ask as the time on deposit may have made a difference in them not asking for an update.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”