TM30 Online Application and use when living in Udonthani

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Vibration

TM30 Online Application and use when living in Udonthani

Post by Vibration » August 4, 2019, 11:59 am

I am a British Citizen married to a Thai living in Udonthani since 2004 on Marriage or Retirement Visa Extensions.

My wife has applied two times this year after returning from holidays abroad at Udonthani Immigration Office to do the TM30 and she was informed that this is not required by this office as it it is only required in Udonthani if you permanently change address.

During the last 15 years staying on and off in Udonthani we can not remember if we have ever applied for or received a TM30 and subsequently I have no receipt in my Passport.

Last week my wife applied online to do the TM3O and the last email states that she should recieve a Username and Password within 7 working days from Udonthani Immigration Office.

The last time my wife applied to do the TM30 at Udonthani Immigration Office she out of interest asked whether they issue Usernames and Passwords and she was informed that they do not and that is is the online TM30 system that does this.

This is quite confusing as the online system says that they do issue Usernames and Passwords and yet they say that they do not.

My question is has anybody in Udonthani applied to do the TM30 system online, received the Username and Passord and is successfully using the online system.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

msa
udonmap.com

Re: TM30 Online Application and use when living in Udonthani

Post by msa » August 7, 2019, 10:17 am

Just come back to Udon and went to emigration to get my TM30 done. In and out in 15 minutes. No mention about doing it online in the future.
Don’t worry about tomorrow. Today is terrifying enough.
I never forget a face, but in your case I can do an exception.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 7, 2019, 5:17 pm

Vibration wrote:
August 4, 2019, 11:59 am
My wife has applied two times this year after returning from holidays abroad at Udonthani Immigration Office to do the TM30 and she was informed that this is not required by this office as it it is only required in Udonthani if you permanently change address.
That is completely correct.

Stop bothering to try to do a TM30 online or in person unless you move from your current Thai residence. In Udon you don't need to do a TM30 if you tale a trip in or out of the country. Once is enough until you move house.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 7, 2019, 5:28 pm

23 years here, traveled around the country, back to the US many times.......never done a TM30...........yet.

Vibration

Post by Vibration » August 8, 2019, 9:19 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
August 7, 2019, 5:17 pm
Vibration wrote:
August 4, 2019, 11:59 am
That is completely correct.

Stop bothering to try to do a TM30 online or in person unless you move from your current Thai residence. In Udon you don't need to do a TM30 if you tale a trip in or out of the country. Once is enough until you move house.
First many thanks to all members for comments.

I now have a Thai Elite 5 year PE Visa and to be able to get this Visa transferred in the future from my old Passport into a new Passport at Chang Wattana (can only be done at Chang Wattana even though I live in Udonthani) I need to have a TM30 for my last entry from abroad. Another alternative for me is to leave Thailand with my old Passport and new Passport and when I return stay one night in Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel (we normally always do this anyway) and get the TM30 receipt from the Hotel which can then be used at Chang Wattana to get the PE Visa put in my new Passport. I received the PE Visa at Suvarnbhumi Airport upon arrival from abroad and I will also get all future 5 year PE Visas here however at the moment transfer of Visas from an old Passport to a new Passport can only be done at Chang Wattana and one must have a TM30.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » August 10, 2019, 5:45 am

Work being done with TM30. Looks like you can blame the Indians … https://newsletter.thaivisa.com/l/zM6Yz ... Z1fYgX1iCA

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”