about visa extension rules ??

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
kopkei
udonmap.com

about visa extension rules ??

Post by kopkei » October 29, 2019, 8:07 am

we all now we can extend every visa based on several reasons , or better stww said get permissions to stay based on a certain visa for different reasons , at the end it all comes down to being able to stay a year longer no matter what you call it .
so for those extensions they have fixed rules , those rules are explained at any office on their specified reason to extend pamphlet, last item on any of this is always ...any other document as informed by the immigration officer ...
normally this should mean any other document regarding the existing rules to extend ,however what many offices do is using this to make up new extra rules? , like fe marriage extension ,witness , pictures in home...retirement /marriage , the invention of forcing to keep the money longer in account as officially stated ? , making you run to foreign affairs to legalize some of your documents when this is not mentioned in the official rules ,
so is this any other document as informed by the immigration officer allowing them to bend /adjust official rules ?
again,i thought this meant any extra documents to aid concerning the existing rules , not inventing new ones ..
i know we all have to report / extend in the region we are domiciled, but as far as i know ,we also can if having problems in our local office ( due to all this rule changing),normally go to main immigration office bangkok... (?)
the question here is :will they follow the existing rules ? without adding any other rubbish ??? as it should be ...
any one ever went to main io bangkok when having problems? ...something to think about?... ;)

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: about visa extension rules ??

Post by RLTrader » October 29, 2019, 9:22 am

Back when you could go anywhere, did 1 in Bangkok, seemed quick & easy, if I remember right.

One time did one in KK, me and another were refused, can't remember why. So we were talking at the desk and we both decided to go to Bangkok. Then one of the IO's broke in and wanted to look at my paperwork, while the other IO looked at the other guys paperwork, so we switched IO's and both were approved. Go figure. TIT - You can't make this S h i t U p.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 29, 2019, 9:23 am

I don’t think you are correct about being able to go to Chang Wattana.

As far as I know, and on this I don’t have definite information, Chang Wattana will only deal with their own catchment area in the same way as every other office.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 29, 2019, 9:37 am

main head office immigration should be (?) there for all problems , what is the use of a main office other wise ?,
i would assume main office should be supervising all other local offices ?...but all is possible here ... ;)

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » October 29, 2019, 9:47 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
October 29, 2019, 9:23 am
I don’t think you are correct about being able to go to Chang Wattana.

As far as I know, and on this I don’t have definite information, Chang Wattana will only deal with their own catchment area in the same way as every other office.
If all your stuff is in order according rules in pamphlet and you are refused for some reason not in pamphlet, what you got to lose by going to Bangkok? See none except time and money. Everyone's experience is different, for this is Thailand. Hell, bet you could come back later and get a different IO, and get approved.
Just saying.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 29, 2019, 10:07 am

the problem is also the pamphlet not really being with the original rules but extra rules added depending the immigration offices regions...normally they can not add any extra rules ..only ask extra info regarding the apply based on the existing rules ,my thinking ... ;)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 29, 2019, 11:57 am

kopkei wrote:
October 29, 2019, 9:37 am
main head office immigration should be (?) there for all problems , what is the use of a main office other wise ?,
i would assume main office should be supervising all other local offices ?...but all is possible here ... ;)
The office that supervises Udon is the region’s 4 HQ that is in Khon Kaen but separate from the normal KK immigration office. I assume that KK HQ reports to the region 1 HQ
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”