Visa Extension

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Visa Extension

Post by dunroaming » July 13, 2020, 3:32 pm

I'm in the same boat was told will need to get a 3 month O Visa from Lao and then after the extension for a year based on marriage. 400K saves hassle as SWW says but still ways around that. Was also told more than likely the Loa border will open days before the 31th if visa amnesty isn't expected. Before I'm asked my wife has 2 friends that work in Udon office and this was my source. A few agencies already offering the 3 months visa with costs between 12000 and 18000.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 13, 2020, 3:46 pm

Very frustrating indeed. Not sure how opening up the Loas border a few days before helps, the consulate will be swamped and it is normally by appointment only, and what about returning to Thailand, Covid tests???, Quarantines in Nong Khai???? What a mess no consideration for those with family ties.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 13, 2020, 4:05 pm

If you choose the visa agency way only your passport goes away

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 13, 2020, 4:19 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 13, 2020, 3:30 pm
Well it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I am here covered by the amnesty till July 31. I normally return to my home country or border run to get extensions to stay, this year I got caught out with this Covid situation. I am married to a Thai and we also have a child. I cannot believe Thailand would make me leave, separating family and putting my health at risk, during this time.
Regrettably what you believe makes no difference, it's likely that immigration will follow its rules and unlikely for there to be an exception.
You have chosen in the past not to get the extension of permission to stay that will allow you to stay as long as you like.

Also the practice that you have done in the past is unlikely to work in the near term.

Unless you are prepared to leave Thailand quite possibly for an extended period I would suggest your best option is to ask immigration for (c) then (d) then a year extension.

Of course you can choose to gamble, you could be lucky, and you certainly have a couple of weeks before having to do anything.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 13, 2020, 4:35 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 13, 2020, 4:19 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
Well it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I am here covered by the amnesty till July 31. I normally return to my home country or border run to get extensions to stay, this year I got caught out with this Covid situation. I am married to a Thai and we also have a child. I cannot believe Thailand would make me leave, separating family and putting my health at risk, during this time.
Regrettably what you believe makes no difference, it's likely that immigration will follow its rules and unlikely for there to be an exception.
You have chosen in the past not to get the extension of permission to stay that will allow you to stay as long as you like.

Also the practice that you have done in the past is unlikely to work in the near term.

Unless you are prepared to leave Thailand quite possibly for an extended period I would suggest your best option is to ask immigration for (c) then (d) then a year extension.

Of course you can choose to gamble, you could be lucky, and you certainly have a couple of weeks before having to do anything.
Well that's the question, will Udon Immigration issue a 90 day NON O. It can be done, but just thru a Visa service, which seems odd. is it legal or not, and if it is, can we apply for it at immigration. I feel like I am running around in circles already!!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 13, 2020, 4:47 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 13, 2020, 4:35 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:

Well that's the question, will Udon Immigration issue a 90 day NON O. It can be done, but just thru a Visa service, which seems odd. is it legal or not, and if it is, can we apply for it at immigration. I feel like I am running around in circles already!!
That approach clearly involves brown envelopes, so is it legal? No. Will you have a problem? Probably no, maybe yes.
I hold no opinions of, or information about, agents, I don’t suggest or recommend them.

As I said ask if immigration will issue a 60 day extension. You will then have a permission to stay. You can then apply for the Non-O at immigration (30~15 days before that extension finishes) details under.
78A5D1C6-E491-4913-98EA-1C822E09D802.png
83496513-1CC8-4869-AB16-271235A3B075.png

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 13, 2020, 4:59 pm

July 13, 2020, 4:47 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
July 13, 2020, 4:35 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:

That approach clearly involves brown envelopes, so is it legal? No. Will you have a problem? Probably no, maybe yes.
I hold no opinions of, or information about, agents, I don’t suggest or recommend them.

As I said ask if immigration will issue a 60 day extension. You will then have a permission to stay. You can then apply for the Non-O at immigration (30~15 days before that extension finishes) details under.
78A5D1C6-E491-4913-98EA-1C822E09D802.png83496513-1CC8-4869-AB16-271235A3B075.png
Thanks I guess I will have to try that. Strange they don't have a legal process already for those that are married to Thais or parents of Thais, that applies to Situations Like This, where no one is really at fault.

Now if I was a female foreigner married to a Thai man, there would be no issues at all, because they are extended all rights as long as they are married. Sexist and unfair, Mens lives Matter.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 13, 2020, 6:55 pm

Each person has to make their own, direct enquiries at Udon Immigration.

Whatever Udon Immigration permits one to do, it does not mean someone else is guaranteed the same outcome regardless of their situation being similar or identical.

I will probably be leaving for work in early August anyway. I have that escape procedure nailed down but trying to second guess what I can get here before I go or in the future is pretty much a bridge too far.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 13, 2020, 7:58 pm

tamada wrote:
July 13, 2020, 6:55 pm
Each person has to make their own, direct enquiries at Udon Immigration.

Whatever Udon Immigration permits one to do, it does not mean someone else is guaranteed the same outcome regardless of their situation being similar or identical.
Very true - but it is also important to know what is possible (ie the law), so that a rational decision can be made whether or not to accept at face value what they are telling you.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 13, 2020, 8:16 pm

It's ALL Speculation at the moment in'it ?? Why NOT Just wait for The Government Announcement which MIGHT Come To-Morrow [-o< [-o< or then again it might NOT,But I'm Sure there will be an announcement by NEXT Tuesday at the Latest.... [-o< [-o<

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 14, 2020, 7:12 am

for me I am on a tourist visa for reasons of my own, and my return flight with Thai Airways was cancelled way back. Latest news from Thai Airways is that they hope to be up and running 2nd Sept. Now how many farang / tourists in Thailand at present are booked on Thai Airways..thousands me would think...makes sense to extend the visa thing until at least the end of Sept, so we can all fly home on our pre-arranged flights, seeming refunds are not forthcoming..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 14, 2020, 10:17 am

News coming out .. confirmed or not by the governemnt ??

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news- ... id-arrest/

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 14, 2020, 11:20 am

Nothing official as yet..

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 14, 2020, 12:15 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 13, 2020, 4:59 pm

Thanks I guess I will have to try that. Strange they don't have a legal process already for those that are married to Thais or parents of Thais, that applies to Situations Like This, where no one is really at fault.

Now if I was a female foreigner married to a Thai man, there would be no issues at all, because they are extended all rights as long as they are married. Sexist and unfair, Mens lives Matter.
Further information. It may be possible to go directly from a 60 day extension to a 1 year extension, missing out the need for a Non-O, as long as you have the 400k in the bank for the required 2 months.

However once you get an answer do please post it here.

There are certainly offices that will do an extension with no current permission to stay and date it from your application, CW is one, there are also offices that will not, Roy Et will not.

If Udon will not then a trip to Bangkok maybe in your future :D

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 14, 2020, 12:33 pm

Question...has the CAAT ( Civil air crowd) still banned most international flights into the country ??

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 14, 2020, 1:41 pm

maaka wrote:
July 14, 2020, 12:33 pm
Question...has the CAAT ( Civil air crowd) still banned most international flights into the country ??
I Believe Suvarnabhumi Is only open for Repatriation Flights ( International Wise ) But Does have SOME Domestic Arrivals such as Thai Smile & Thai Viet Jet....

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 14, 2020, 2:04 pm

July 14, 2020, 12:15 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
July 13, 2020, 4:59 pm

Further information. It may be possible to go directly from a 60 day extension to a 1 year extension, missing out the need for a Non-O, as long as you have the 400k in the bank for the required 2 months.

However once you get an answer do please post it here.

There are certainly offices that will do an extension with no current permission to stay and date it from your application, CW is one, there are also offices that will not, Roy Et will not.

If Udon will not then a trip to Bangkok maybe in your future :D
CW?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 14, 2020, 2:42 pm

..trip to Bkk...most stand for Chaengwattana immigration..my guess.

ศูนย์ราชการเจ้งวัฒนะ120 ซอย แจ้งวัฒนะ 7( ในอาคารรัฐประศาสนภักดีB Thung Song Hong, Lak Si, Bangkok 10210

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 14, 2020, 2:47 pm

CW?
Continuous Wave

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 14, 2020, 3:33 pm

maaka wrote:
July 14, 2020, 12:33 pm
CAAT still has a ban on ALL regular international passenger flights into Thailand.

Flights are still coming in with repatriating citizens and other people who have clearance from Thailand.
DuiDui49 wrote:
July 14, 2020, 2:42 pm
..trip to Bkk...most stand for Chaengwattana immigration..my guess.

ศูนย์ราชการเจ้งวัฒนะ120 ซอย แจ้งวัฒนะ 7( ในอาคารรัฐประศาสนภักดีB Thung Song Hong, Lak Si, Bangkok 10210
Correct, though in fact the immigration office will/is/has moved to
B59EE0D3-9CE2-4BEB-82E2-450F6730785E.jpeg
This is near the impact exhibition space.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”