SCB bank letter and passbook update issue

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

SCB bank letter and passbook update issue

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 30, 2020, 2:25 pm

Extension of stay granted, but there was a difference in the passbook date and the confirmation letter. When SCB updated the passbook, it reflected the date of the last transaction. It was not the same date as the letter. The balances on the letter and passbook were identical.

I was forced to return to SCB. When I asked about today's date in the passbook, the girl said that she updated it. I told her that I saw her do it, but that immigration wants it to show today's date. She said they could only do that with a transaction done today. I deposited 1 baht and returned to immigration with the updated passbook.

Save yourself a trip if your account is at SCB and make a 1 baht deposit when you get your confirmation letter. This was at the main office near the Clock Circle. Might be different at branches.

This didn't happen last year.

PS - Bank holiday July 1.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: SCB bank letter and passbook update issue

Post by noosard » June 30, 2020, 2:42 pm

Thanks
Will make sure I do a transaction on that day

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 30, 2020, 3:31 pm

Funny you should mention that.
I did mine the other week with Bangkok Bank.
My missus suggested making a small withdrawal at the counter to prevent the same issue, but after chatting with the teller, she said she could update the book to that day without a transaction.

Different banks, and people ?????

Easy trap though
Be sure to ask at the counter

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 1, 2020, 5:46 am

I always withdraw the 2000 baht visa fee from the cashpoint , and update the book , before i apply for the letter .
That way there is no dispute about matching dates , and you have the ATM receipt as backup , just in case .

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » July 1, 2020, 11:45 am

saint wrote:
July 1, 2020, 5:46 am
I always withdraw the 2000 baht visa fee from the cashpoint , and update the book , before i apply for the letter .
That way there is no dispute about matching dates , and you have the ATM receipt as backup , just in case .
just make sure your balance is over 400/800k when withdrawing. you might end up below 400/800k accidentally and then bite your own ass.
i always put 100 in the account same day before having the letter issued. better safe than sorry.....
:D

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 1, 2020, 4:51 pm

Always glad to take sound sensible advice

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”