60 day visit visa

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
gprit
udonmap.com

60 day visit visa

Post by gprit » December 28, 2022, 2:22 am

We live in France.

My wife and two sons are planning to visit family in Thailand July/August. for just under 60 days.

Obviously my wife has a Thai passport....no problem.
Oldest son also has a Thai passport...so no problem.
Youngest son has British passport......to apply for 60 day visa for him we would have to travel to the Thai embassy in Paris...!! This is time consuming AND very expensive, given overnight stays would be necessary.

Q - can he enter on British passport, and then my wife can extend at immigration centre in Udon Thani What documents would she need? Is it a formality.

timmy
udonmap.com

Re: 60 day visit visa

Post by timmy » December 28, 2022, 6:07 am

yes its very easy to do without visa , come into Thailand get your 30 day stamp at airport when thats used just go to Udon immigration and get 30 more days for 1900 baht .

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » December 28, 2022, 6:18 am

Often curious when these come up as to how one handles the requirement to have a return airline ticket with visa exempt entry (if this is what the Op refers to)

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » December 28, 2022, 8:59 am

Have you checked the Thai embassy web site in Paris as my 60 day visa issued from the London embassy was done online and I posted my passport to them.

I recently extended my visa in Jomtien.
The paperwork they required was.
Application form completed with a recent passport sized photo attached. Where you sign (2 places) they wanted a phone number. The application form is available online so I completed it before going.
The passport with a signed photocopy of the photo page and the visa page.
Original and photocopy of my TM 30.
Copy of my E-visa.
To be safe I signed every page.
1,900 baht fee.
I wasn't asked to provide proof of an airline ticket but had it on my phone just in case.
No mask no entry inside was strictly enforced.
Please use this as a guideline as Udon Immigration may have differing requirements.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 28, 2022, 12:26 pm

karonsteve wrote:
December 28, 2022, 8:59 am
Have you checked the Thai embassy web site in Paris as my 60 day visa issued from the London embassy was done online and I posted my passport to them.
The Thai embassy in Paris is known to be quite difficult, so I wouldn’t assume that the procedures there are the same as the London embassy.

For a visa exempt entry the place where an outward ticket maybe going to be required will be in the airport in France, so a call to the airline that you are flying on will tell you if it will be enforced.

As a guide few airlines flying from the U.K. require this, but every airline in every airport can be different. In general LCCs are more likely to insist
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 28, 2022, 12:29 pm

bluejets wrote:
December 28, 2022, 6:18 am
Often curious when these come up as to how one handles the requirement to have a return airline ticket with visa exempt entry (if this is what the Op refers to)
It is actually an onward ticket not a return, though of course a return will be okay. Often people will get a cheap ticket that they throw away or use one of the rent a ticket services if a ticket is actually required.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » December 29, 2022, 5:42 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
December 28, 2022, 12:29 pm
bluejets wrote:
It is actually an onward ticket not a return, though of course a return will be okay. Often people will get a cheap ticket that they throw away or use one of the rent a ticket services if a ticket is actually required.
Not according to the Thai Consulate in Aus.
https://sydney.thaiembassy.org/en/publi ... -arrival

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2022, 6:42 am

Visa on Arrival is only for the citizens of 18 countries that have no local or regional Thai consular serviuces or otherwise don't qualify for an eVisa.

The 60-day TR visa rules as follows:

- TR Visa is valid for a single entry into Thailand for tourism purposes only.
- TR Visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance. Travellers must enter Thailand within the said 3-month period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 60 days, counting from the date of entry. Extension is possible for another 30 days, with maximum period of stay of 90 days, counting from the date of entry.
- If the TR Visa holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.

https://sydney.thaiembassy.org/en/publi ... ngle-entry

So stamped in for 60-days with a one-time 30-day extension issued in-country for a 90-day max.

There's no mention of the need to see any itinerary or tickets but good luck to anyone taking a punt on a one-way ticket being hassle-free at check-in and/or arrival in Thailand.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 29, 2022, 8:38 am

bluejets wrote:
December 29, 2022, 5:42 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
December 28, 2022, 12:29 pm
bluejets wrote:
Not according to the Thai Consulate in Aus.
https://sydney.thaiembassy.org/en/publi ... -arrival
You are not referring to a visa exempt entry so is it relevant??? How many of those it applies to actually read his site??

The Sydney website is not really definitive though, is it?
The wording supports the fact that the ticket is required and that an onward ticket is OK, or is it?? Yes? No? Maybe?
Fully paid onward travel tickets, must have confirmed return ticket within 30 days.
So is it an onward travel ticket or a return ticket and even then it only applies to passports from Bulgaria, Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Mexico, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu

Also pick a different embassy, I choose London
- Fully paid onward travel tickets which are usable within 15 days of the date of entry.
So there are differences even within a single embassy website, not to mention the fact that the English wording is neither definitive nor updated with any frequency.

There are no reports of people with an onward ticket being made to get one back to their origin airport.

There are reports of people with no ticket being told they must buy a ticket to return to the origin airport, but there are also reports that those involved have got a local international ticket and been permitted to use that.

The problem is TIT YMMV

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » December 30, 2022, 7:48 am

timmy wrote:
December 28, 2022, 6:07 am
yes its very easy to do without visa , come into Thailand get your 30 day stamp at airport when thats used just go to Udon immigration and get 30 more days for 1900 baht .
Since the recent change / update he would now get 45 days when entering Thailand.

What I don't know if how long Udon Immigration would extend this for? 15 / 30 / 45 days?

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 30, 2022, 7:58 am

^ Udon immigration knows.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 30, 2022, 8:37 am

deankham wrote:
December 30, 2022, 7:48 am
timmy wrote:
December 28, 2022, 6:07 am
Since the recent change / update he would now get 45 days when entering Thailand.

What I don't know if how long Udon Immigration would extend this for? 15 / 30 / 45 days?

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks.
The extension has not changed, for visa exempt and tourist visas, the extension is 30 days

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » December 30, 2022, 9:45 am

Thanks, so just to clarify for the simpleton (like myself) the OP's Son could arrive and get 45 days at airport then go to Immigration and get an 30 day extension.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 30, 2022, 11:50 am

deankham wrote:
December 30, 2022, 9:45 am
Thanks, so just to clarify for the simpleton (like myself) the OP's Son could arrive and get 45 days at airport then go to Immigration and get an 30 day extension.
Correct.

Two points; the 45 days is for entries until 31 March, immigration may not be too happy if you go in too soon for the extension, around 7 days before expiration definitely good, possibly 14 days is likely OK, probably not much before that unless you have a good reason.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”