Rustoleum Gloss (Enamel) Paint

Paul
udonmap.com

Rustoleum Gloss (Enamel) Paint

Post by Paul » August 15, 2019, 2:18 pm

I have used this brand for years - used to buy it at Homepro. Its a bit similar to Hammerite / smoothrite. But its always done the job for me. Now its simply disappeared - I can't find it at any of the DIY shops, I have tried most of them (if not all). Has anyone seen it around (what did they do with all the old stuff? Homepro changed brands almost overnight).
Attachments
Rustoleum.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Rustoleum Gloss (Enamel) Paint

Post by parrot » August 15, 2019, 2:34 pm

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 15, 2019, 4:51 pm

aha! the HomePro link shows cans of paint for application with a brush versus what I've looked for there, spray cans.. I didn't look back in the section with specialty paint in cans..
Dave

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » August 16, 2019, 3:51 pm

I always bought it from Homepro. When I went recently it had disappeared. I showed this photo to the staff and got the (expected) mai mee.
I see its still showing on their website (unsurprisingly) - I'll see if I can order online from them - or follow the other links somebody put on here. Thank you.
Global house tried to sell me a cheap chinese substitute made by mandarin (duck) and had ever colour possible except the colour I wanted (red). sigh :(

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 22, 2019, 6:40 pm

I recently bought a can of Oxide anti rust Primer, from Global, Brand name, Ben -Tone, grey in color. Looks to ba Thai made Brand, but who knows these days, where any of the stuff really originates from.

Pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » August 28, 2019, 10:27 am

Thanks for the lead. Its not primer I am after its gloss paint for metal which they call 'enamel' here.
I tried Homepro online which still say they have it - but when you order it - its shows 'out of stock' - brilliant
Lazada have Rustoleum, but so far have only found primer, still working on that one.
I did find the brand Hammerite and Smoothrite on Lazada, but it aint cheap as it comes from abroad, but may be a last resort as I know thats a trusted brand.
I am told there is a new kid on the block to and waiting for the DIY shops to get it on their shelves - its similar to Rustoleum brand and is a gloss paint (oops I mean enamel) with anti-rust properties. So maybe a tour of the DIY chain s is in order again to see if its in (and the cost)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 3, 2019, 5:04 pm

Paul wrote:
August 15, 2019, 2:18 pm
I have used this brand for years - used to buy it at Homepro. Its a bit similar to Hammerite / smoothrite. But its always done the job for me. Now its simply disappeared - I can't find it at any of the DIY shops, I have tried most of them (if not all). Has anyone seen it around (what did they do with all the old stuff? Homepro changed brands almost overnight).
There is a brand available from a car paint shop not far from the rear entrance to central, it seems to be almost the same.

Here is the can, they have a limited number of colours.
IMG_8072.JPG
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » September 4, 2019, 10:38 am

Thanks for that - I'll take a look

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 4, 2019, 2:06 pm

Paul wrote:
September 4, 2019, 10:38 am
I can probably find a google streeview of the shop if needed,

It's a left out of central then just past the first traffic lights.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » November 5, 2019, 1:29 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 4, 2019, 2:06 pm
Paul wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. Found the shop last week. By the traffic lights junction where Adunyadej and Wattananuwong intersect. Theres a wedding shop opposite and individual kong Car radio shop is on the same junction.
Take the back road out of Central (left at the roundabout exiting from the car park), turn left at the top of that road- go towards the traffic lights, over the lights and the car paint shop is about 20m past the lights on the left side. Lots of spray paint cans on display outside. Take a photo of what you want to show them if you are not a Thai speaker
The hammertone paint is similar to UK hammerite and costs 175 -195 per tin depending on the colour. I have a photo of the colour chart if anyone wants it but I did find that most of their colours are quite dark (no white) especially the red which I wanted and has turned out to be very deep red, almost brown. Its also a quite a heavy paint to work with and dries in 30 minutes, but it does the job and I would buy it again, especially at 195 baht.
PS the car radio shop is called individual Kong but for some reason this programme keeps changing the text to 'individual' And again- OK substitute 'individual' to the word meaning opposite of queen

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 5, 2019, 1:50 pm

Paul wrote:
November 5, 2019, 1:29 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 4, 2019, 2:06 pm
Paul wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. Found the shop last week. By the traffic lights junction where Adunyadej and Wattananuwong intersect. Theres a wedding shop opposite and individual kong Car radio shop is on the same junction.
Take the back road out of Central (left at the roundabout exiting from the car park), turn left at the top of that road- go towards the traffic lights, over the lights and the car paint shop is about 20m past the lights on the left side. Lots of spray paint cans on display outside. Take a photo of what you want to show them if you are not a Thai speaker
The hammertone paint is similar to UK hammerite and costs 175 -195 per tin depending on the colour. I have a photo of the colour chart if anyone wants it but I did find that most of their colours are quite dark (no white) especially the red which I wanted and has turned out to be very deep red, almost brown. Its also a quite a heavy paint to work with and dries in 30 minutes, but it does the job and I would buy it again, especially at 195 baht.
PS the car radio shop is called individual Kong but for some reason this programme keeps changing the text to 'individual' And again- OK substitute 'individual' to the word meaning opposite of queen
That is the shop, I was there about a week ago, as to the colours they don’t keep all the ones on the colour chart but you can almost certainly mix the silver and red if you want a lighter colour. Also the thinner for the paint is not a standard one, though AAA may work, the one they sell is this
722EAD26-A1D1-4F4C-938A-A3C3F211C614.jpeg
Isn’t google translate fun

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » November 5, 2019, 2:16 pm

Yes a good shop! I went 2 shops to buy a can primer spray paint. "No hab"
Told me "no need" can spray on bare metal!
This place has everything!

Return to “I'm Looking For....”