Honda PCX battery

tamada
udonmap.com

Honda PCX battery

Post by tamada » November 13, 2020, 9:55 am

Where's the best one-stop shop for a good quality replacement motorbike battery? With all this Chinese dross on the market, are there any brands to avoid?

Ta
tam

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Re: Honda PCX battery

Post by minimiglia » November 13, 2020, 10:07 am

buy genuine from Honda

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 13, 2020, 10:08 am

K-Speed Udonthani
Not actually used them myself but they seem to get a lot of good reviews.
They advertise mainly big bike stuff but I’ve seen work they’ve done on PCX, N-Max & Aerox & it’s good.
They supply/source many parts & accessories so I guess they know the difference between OE & Chinese copies
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » November 13, 2020, 10:12 am

tamada wrote:
November 13, 2020, 9:55 am
Where's the best one-stop shop for a good quality replacement motorbike battery? With all this Chinese dross on the market, are there any brands to avoid?

Ta
tam
[/quot

i,ve got the 125 and 150 PCX when the battery's died i changed them to Yuasa YTZ7S , i got them from main Honda dealer in city , at around 800 baht fitted . they fitted 1 outside the old fuzzykens bar by the plaza when i returned to my bike and it would,nt start now been on the bike 2 yearsish ...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 13, 2020, 11:18 am

Thanks timmy, Niggly and minimiglia, you guys are good.... many thanks for the tips.

Unfortunately, Mrs tam got a wild hair up her ass, couldn't wait and gave 1000 baht to the neighbor's kid to go get a new battery... same as last time. Probably will come back with the same, cheap 'Leo' brand battery that's almost as nonsense as their beer.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 13, 2020, 11:30 am

Probably keep the change for fuel as his scoot was empty.

What is it with these chancers that expect me to believe it always takes 500 baht to fill a tank the size of a coffee cup & then look at me like I’ve got turds hanging out of my mouth when I have the audacity to suggest otherwise
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 13, 2020, 11:54 am

Niggly wrote:
November 13, 2020, 11:30 am
Probably keep the change for fuel as his scoot was empty.

What is it with these chancers that expect me to believe it always takes 500 baht to fill a tank the size of a coffee cup & then look at me like I’ve got turds hanging out of my mouth when I have the audacity to suggest otherwise
I know what you mean but nah, he's a good kid. We'll get the change but it will be a cheap nonsense battery again. The thing was this incredible rush for him to go get it but apparently he has another job to do so the battery, although bought already, isn't here yet and the bike sits seat up and immobile. Looks like a game of cards has broken out in the gazebo though.

Isaan time I guess... time for another nip.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 13, 2020, 3:11 pm

i do not think there is much difference in battery quality with the regular brands , what you must look is as most bikes now are electric start you buy a 6Ah and not a 3Ah , they will be around 600-700 baht ...and look at the manufacture date it is a recent one not long time stock one ...
expect the battery to last 3-5 years depending usage and luck ... ;)

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » November 13, 2020, 3:27 pm

I have Sym joymax 125 Sport no kickstart chinese Batteries are ok for the price once you keep recharging it prob on the way out. So false Economy buying cheap batteries. Id stick to known brands like NHK Exide if you can get them. Like everything with a name your paying for the name like a Samsug or I phone.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 16, 2020, 4:53 pm

Return to “I'm Looking For....”