Debate: Isuzu TFR Cameo Estate

Chriss
udonmap.com

Re: Debate: Isuzu TFR Cameo Estate

Post by Chriss » January 24, 2019, 7:33 am

To follow on from BillaRicka, Add a template to the classifieds where all fields must be completed or the thread isn't posted and lock the thread. Not a difficult thing to do using phpBB. Any questions relating to the item for sale dealt with via PM. Never tried it but locking the thread automatically might be an option given by phpBB, if not all classifieds to be set for Admin review who locks it, would stop all this petty BS, thereby no need for the new Debates and Comments section.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » January 24, 2019, 8:09 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
January 24, 2019, 7:09 am
saint wrote:
January 24, 2019, 5:41 am
Its not just this ad , is it .
Not long ago a seller basically got accused of being a scammer because his S U V was too nice and clean . Which was just plain stupid .
I think the classified is a useful tool for us all in Udon , lets not let the smart arses ruin it .
Opening a thread to post negative comments about advertisers is in my opinion , not the way forward .
Deletion of said negativity would be a better option .
Agreed, never seen before on other forums, lt would be more constructive if advertisers were required to fill out a short form which would compel them to state essential details, price, condition, age, contact details, location etc any negative comments about the advert and it's content should be deleted, lf someone wants to make it personal they should pm the seller. If the advertiser can't be bothered to fill in the the essential fields on the form then the advert should not be published.
i could not agree more and that is what i have been saying
the clean car complaint is fake news again . I did not call him a scammer because his veh was to clean but because the photo of it esp the engine was not of a veh that had done 135,000kms and had been taken in a tesco lotus car park . The photo was of a brand new engine . I was interested in buying it and asked where it was . Bangkok ?Could i see it ? No its in a work shop getting re-undersealed , i thought why this climate does not need it and you are selling it .Do not still believe a word of it . I believe he took photos when it was new and was using those to sell it after 135kms which is not a scam but not truthfull . I am entitled to ask those questions as it was very strange to me an ad in udon , car in bangkok , suspect photos etc
But this was after i had 2 people try to scam me. i joined this forum to buy a second hand motorbike i need for 8 months.
First was someone just registered , first post selling a bike .with little info but a great price and just a contact number . When i phone number with my mobile which does not give out my number there was always no answer . (scammers need your number to scam you with special offers and deals ) I then phone him from a thai office phone and answered straight away . Bike was in pattaya . for 20,000baht deposit and 5,000baht for transport . If i did not like the bike would refund me . yeh !
second one was similar but with some false info . Said the bike only used a few weeks which was true but found out it had been sat for 2 yrs . Same with the phone only answered thai phone .Told me the bike was in udon but somebody was coming to see it that day but if i sent him a deposit he would keep it for me . I politely declined but when i got back home and look again at the ad it was down as sold . the sold date was 2 days before asking me for a deposit.
Because of this i have been slagged off by know it alls on here and been punished by udon map , ie i cannot pm and cannot post without being censored . I DID NOTHING WRONG !!!
First i believe if an add is gen then the seller wants to sell to get their money sometimes hundreds of thousands of bahts so will put as much info as pos to sell . If i see an ad for a car for say 500000 baht with just
honda car for sale
just reg and first post and just a telephone number it has to be suspicious
When you join this forum you are required to make 10 or more post before you can do anything but you can reg and post to sell instantly

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 24, 2019, 8:41 am

Chriss wrote:
January 24, 2019, 7:33 am
To follow on from BillaRicka, Add a template to the classifieds where all fields must be completed or the thread isn't posted and lock the thread. Not a difficult thing to do using phpBB. Any questions relating to the item for sale dealt with via PM. Never tried it but locking the thread automatically might be an option given by phpBB, if not all classifieds to be set for Admin review who locks it, would stop all this petty BS, thereby no need for the new Debates and Comments section.
With regard to classifieds this ( a template/locked thread ) is an excellent idea ...

Would add a set time for the ad to be deleted then re advertised by the seller if not sold . this clears the ad clutter.

Some interested parties may have problems replying via pm so a phone number a must.

Are there any already in use as an example baht sold etc ??

This would stop the derailing of classifieds but not on the main forum where most of the sh*t occurs.

As with Udon UM has changed massively in recent months / years what used to be an informative fun forum with light hearted banter n advice n assistance offered replaced with bickering n snide comments meant to offend and attacks on sponsors /business mostly unwarranted. Its a bad job if you cant have a bit of a joke with out it turning into a shitfight wether is on the football , Trump threads or even a classifieds broom handle.

OMHO .. DM away back to Buriram later today :wave:
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2019, 9:04 am

saint wrote:
January 24, 2019, 5:41 am
Its not just this ad , is it .
Not long ago a seller basically got accused of being a scammer because his S U V was too nice and clean . Which was just plain stupid .
I think the classified is a useful tool for us all in Udon , lets not let the smart arses ruin it .
Opening a thread to post negative comments about advertisers is in my opinion , not the way forward .
Deletion of said negativity would be a better option .
Totally agree with that.

But if UM is suddenly going to express such equanimity, there should be a similar sub-forum opened in the Udon Thani Restaurants or Sports Bars forums where the terminally malcontent and the p!ss takers can have a small party without posting their negativity in the sponsors threads. This should prevent them being bailed up for ruffling a sponsor's feathers or famously accused of having ulterior motives. That way the businesses, be they sponsor or otherwise, can take their lumps if and when they are deserved... or they can ignore it all.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » January 24, 2019, 10:10 am

Business people who cannot take constructive criticism , should not really be in a people orientated or the hospitality business .

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » January 24, 2019, 11:01 am

TBH how much constuctive criticism have you seen its usually an out right assault trying to create as much damage as possible I do think having a system for classifieds like Baht and sold where replies get pm to sponser would be the way to go as for the forum unfortunatley the nature of them is to say what you wish I dont think there will ever be a cure for that

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 24, 2019, 12:49 pm

It is entirely up to the seller to price what he is selling. Some things are way overpriced and most people would simply ignore that item. Some sellers purposely inflate the selling price thinking that gives them room to bargain. Even low ball ridiculous offers should receive a reply. Some overpriced items have been on the board for months and even years. If someone makes an inquiry they often receive no reply. I fault udonmap for allowing these very old posts to remain on the board. It would be a good idea to put a time limit on those items. If the seller wants to keep the ad up, he can request that it be extended.

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » January 24, 2019, 8:01 pm

Come on you guys...!!!
The poster left him self open for a joke or two...!!!!
I understand that we all post our advertisements at a higher price to expect offers...!!!
But not at six to sevens times higher...!!!...Come on...!!!
Gone are the day's of a stupid westerner walking of a plane and buying the first car they had seen...!!!
I have not seen any of you agree that this vehicle is good value or well over priced.
Maybe some of you should get some balls and agree that the price is over the top..!!!
I made a very and fair offer of 35,000 Baht for said farm hack and I stand by the offer.
Having said that...You still have to laugh at the broom handle..!!!!
YKICAMOOCOW

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » January 24, 2019, 8:50 pm

glalt wrote:
January 24, 2019, 12:49 pm
Some overpriced items have been on the board for months and even years. If someone makes an inquiry they often receive no reply. I fault udonmap for allowing these very old posts to remain on the board. It would be a good idea to put a time limit on those items. If the seller wants to keep the ad up, he can request that it be extended.
The template for classifieds is a good idea. And I agree with glalt--why are there ads that are years old? Why are the items marked as SOLD not removed? Many times I have wasted time reading pages of comments, and then call the seller only to learn the item is long ago sold. Or call the seller and never get a reply. I sent a polite email to Paul about this a couple of months ago, and he never responded.

Maybe all of the old, out-of-date ads help monetize the site somehow. If that's the case, I understand and withdraw my suggestions. But if that's not the case, then WTF?

And yes, the flames wars on this site are over-the top. You can post, "Hey, it's a beautiful day today," and five members will pile on and call you every name in the book. But that's true on every forum and is a sign of the mean-spirited times we live in. No solution for that, I think.
The best gadget is the human brain.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 25, 2019, 6:12 am

is there also going to be a sub-topic to respond negatively on sponsored adds and prices (when lucky),without being removed? ,
i will only respond to items on classifieds if i am interested and will bargain price privately , it is not in my nature to bring down or destroy any ones attempt to sell something at what ever price they want , to expensive or not interested i will simply not respond , but surely there are some bitter folks here on the forum , not only in the classifieds section ,but in other topics too, not really interested in the subject but only there to give stupid comments and attacking each other ,
one of the reasons i am also responding less...i do not want to play the pick on each other game....
a forum is there to help each other ,not to vent your anger and frustrations or filling up the big gaps when you are bored ..., so before talking and attacking people about their behavior , try to look at your own first ,
and remember ...we are all different ...peace to all.... ;)

maxeboy
udonmap.com

Post by maxeboy » January 25, 2019, 6:21 am

=D> I fully agree to Yr post-

Kind regards from

maxeboy
GreatDane born free taxed into slavery

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » January 25, 2019, 5:32 pm

the simple basic facts which anyone can check are that nearly all the suspect ads are from people just registered first post and never heard of again and have nothing to do or give to this forum . Nothing wrong with them posting ads which give you little info and are suspicous and nothing wrong with peoiple questioning them if they are to stupid to place a correct ad .
Example
dumb suspicious ad or idiot seller
2014 honda car for sale good condition 450,000baht tel 1234567890 , cannot upload photo , sorry phone me for info
first post just registered

Good ad as i used for my last car i sold
for sale ford mondeo 2,000cc , 112,000kms ,manual , silver ,air con ,9 months tax 12 months mot , full service history with main dealer . tow bar and electrics fitted by dealer ,. new clutch fitted at 90,000kms , new brake pads and exhaust fitted this year . tyres michelin 2 years old Good condition , car good condition throughout , non smoker . Has eco engine and catalytictic converter .16 valve , twin overhead cam , never had a problem with this car ,. Twin airbags , rear seat 3 seat belts , good stereo with four speaker . heated front and rear windscreen and heated drivers seat .
Reason for sale just buying a newer model >
car can be seen at nong samrong , udon thani after 5 pm .
thank you
This is the MInIMUM you should expect from an ad

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » January 26, 2019, 9:09 am

First thing i wanna see in an add for a car is , Make , Model , Model designation , YEAR , Mileage , and Transmission .
So what happened to the Year of this super Mondeo you were selling ?
As most cars value is in the year of manufacture , i think its very relevent to a perspective buyer .

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 26, 2019, 11:26 am

I can't see anything will be done to improve the ads section of this forum, this topic was raised a few years back and nothing changed, l guess the more subjects that cause disarray and controversy puts more bums on seats for the sponsors.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Return to “Classifieds Debates & Comments”