Classifieds Comments & Debates

Udon Map
Admin

Classifieds Comments & Debates

Post by Udon Map » January 23, 2019, 6:44 pm

We have added a sub-forum for this, -- you'll see it at the bottom of the Classifieds forum. If you wish to make any comments about a classified listing, or debate the merits of a listing, etc., please do it there. Such comments are not appropriate in the thread of a Classified advertisement and will be removed.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Classifieds Comments & Debates

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 23, 2019, 8:20 pm

Now thats a good idea .. it means members can debate legitimate issues within the classifieds section without derailing the thread and thus the OPs selling opportunities.

I refer members to numerous recent motor vehicle sales threads that aroused interest.

WELL DONE UM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

borregam
udonmap.com

Post by borregam » March 27, 2020, 10:38 am

To the kind attention of the administrator

Recently, due to an urgent need of mine, I published in the ads section a request to search for a house for rent.
I received a first proposal for a house that I had the opportunity to see in photos and that I decided not to rent because it did not meet my needs. (The rental price has nothing to do with my decision.)
Then I received a second proposal from another user that I contacted by phone, kindly Mick the owner of the house told me that I would have to wait a few days to visit the house because he needed to decorate the house.
After a few days Mick sent me 2 text messages in which he told me that he could no longer rent the house because it had been occupied by his son who had arrived from Melbourne unexpectedly.(I CAN UNDERSTAND MICK AND I DON'T BLAME HIM)
That's why I asked users again if anyone had a house to rent from April 1.
So I received not at all polite and verbally violent message from the user MARCUS 1 in which, among other things, he accused me of looking for a house for rent without wanting to pay the rent. TOTALLY UNTRUE!!!
I believe that certain types of comments should not be tolerated in particular in the ads section, as this section does not discuss topics where everyone, within the limits of respect for others and with education, can express their opinion.

This is what I wanted to bring to your kind attention.
Many Thanks.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 27, 2020, 4:54 pm

Happy to see the ad has been cleaned up.

I contacted Borregam and sent a PM about the house I should have been able to rent him.
He was left in a situation needing a house to suit his needs (Pet etc) on short notice.

He is totally correct I brought my son back from Melbourne on 2 days notice.
He did not want to stay at my house as he wanted to isolate himself for 14 days which will finish soon.

The house will then be decorated & put up for rent.
The house in question badly needed redecorating as the Person who rented it before did a runner leaving the house in a mess. (supposedly a friend).

borregam
udonmap.com

Post by borregam » March 27, 2020, 6:16 pm

pal52 wrote:
March 27, 2020, 4:54 pm
Happy to see the ad has been cleaned up.

I contacted Borregam and sent a PM about the house I should have been able to rent him.
He was left in a situation needing a house to suit his needs (Pet etc) on short notice.

He is totally correct I brought my son back from Melbourne on 2 days notice.
He did not want to stay at my house as he wanted to isolate himself for 14 days which will finish soon.

The house will then be decorated & put up for rent.
The house in question badly needed redecorating as the Person who rented it before did a runner leaving the house in a mess. (supposedly a friend).
I thank you for the message that further confirmed what I wrote.
As I had already replied by private text message I understand your situation and I have no complaints to make against you, you are a kind and honest guy and again I thank you for your courtesy.
I was bothered by the message of that user who, without knowing the whole situation, expressed unkind words towards me
That's all , all the best to you and your family.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 20, 2021, 9:14 am

There are many posts that are years old. There should be a time limit on ads. When the time limit expires, they could have the option to continue the ad.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 20, 2021, 1:23 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 23, 2019, 8:20 pm
Now thats a good idea .. it means members can debate legitimate issues within the classifieds section without derailing the thread and thus the OPs selling opportunities.

I refer members to numerous recent motor vehicle sales threads that aroused interest.

WELL DONE UM
Another UM dust collector you mean?
glalt wrote:
October 20, 2021, 9:14 am
There are many posts that are years old. There should be a time limit on ads. When the time limit expires, they could have the option to continue the ad.
Thanks glalt for doing the dusting!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » February 6, 2023, 3:41 pm

Should Quantum Physicists be allowed to design and build 35m baht white elephants in sleepy old isaan?? I say not, well unless they will never try to sell them in the future. Looks like a science experiment gone wrong.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 6, 2023, 3:47 pm

Can't believe the OP has not clarified the issue! I definitely prefer my simple, but cosey, homestead in the rice paddies rather than that eye sore!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 6, 2023, 5:06 pm

What is there to clarify Dero ??? ..

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » February 6, 2023, 5:16 pm

^ Clarification question was asked about the price. Was it really 35,000,000 baht or did the OP include 1 or 2 extra zero's!!

If the land is worth 350,000 baht you could always knock the shed down and start again... :-" 8-[

johanthomsen
udonmap.com

Post by johanthomsen » February 7, 2023, 8:16 am

deankham wrote:
February 6, 2023, 5:16 pm
^ Clarification question was asked about the price. Was it really 35,000,000 baht or did the OP include 1 or 2 extra zero's!!

If the land is worth 350,000 baht you could always knock the shed down and start again... :-" 8-[
I am lost for words regarding that one... Have seen some completely bonkers prices in places around Thailand, but that one is absolutely in the upper part there... Sheeeeeeez :-#

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 7, 2023, 2:18 pm

if the price is indeed correct at 35 mil then the house must be built on a rich seam of gold ready to be mined .. reminds me of a cattle feeding shed ,,,but heyho good luck to the vendor in finding a buyer.

Love those plastic doors !!

This has to be up there in UM classifieds folk lore with the guy selling an old hatch back car with a broom shaft holding up the tailgate ..

Not to be Mr negative re ads ... on a positive note , there is a smashing house for sale in UM classifieds at the mo .. looks to have it all and reasonable realistic price.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 7, 2023, 6:27 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 7, 2023, 2:18 pm
if the price is indeed correct at 35 mil then the house must be built on a rich seam of gold ready to be mined .. reminds me of a cattle feeding shed ,,,but heyho good luck to the vendor in finding a buyer.

This has to be up there in UM classifieds folk lore with the guy selling an old hatch back car with a broom shaft holding up the tailgate ..

Not to be Mr negative re ads ... on a positive note , there is a smashing house for sale in UM classifieds at the mo .. looks to have it all and reasonable realistic price.

DM
Yes but that's a younger, richer man's idea of paradise. My mate built his 3-bedroom, 4-bathroom sprawl of a villa on 3 rai of land out Huayyai way. He bought the land for a snip while he was still working and only built with a planned year left at work. Swimming pool, fishing pond, gazebo, triple car port, dog run, bbq pit, two guest bungalows, maid's and groundsman's quarters. All sorts of landscaped lawns, palm trees, mango trees and all the rest. It cost him around 8 million including the land bought back in 1984 but probably worth nearer 14 million when he popped his clogs.

But he never did retire, working locally with only weekends to enjoy the fruits of his labour. He was always pissing and moaning about the electric bill, the cost of lawn and tree services, pool maintenance, the lazy mae bahn, the thieving handyman. He was from Yorkshire and worth a fortune (they were finding stashes of cash a couple of years after he passed) but mutual friends noted that one doesn't need all that to be happy. He certainly wasn't.

I can't imagine managing such a sprawl in Nong Wua So is any easier and maybe not too cheap either being way out there. Of course one could move one's tribe in to "help" but we know how that works.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » February 7, 2023, 6:35 pm

You have a good memory DM...
That was toooooo funny as are the plastic doors on the Big Bang mansion gone wrong..!!!!!
YKICAMOOCOW

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » February 7, 2023, 7:08 pm

tamada wrote:
February 7, 2023, 6:27 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 7, 2023, 2:18 pm

DM
Yes but that's a younger, richer man's idea of paradise. My mate built his 3-bedroom, 4-bathroom sprawl of a villa on 3 rai of land out Huayyai way. He bought the land for a snip while he was still working and only built with a planned year left at work. Swimming pool, fishing pond, gazebo, triple car port, dog run, bbq pit, two guest bungalows, maid's and groundsman's quarters. All sorts of landscaped lawns, palm trees, mango trees and all the rest. It cost him around 8 million including the land bought back in 1984 but probably worth nearer 14 million when he popped his clogs.

But he never did retire, working locally with only weekends to enjoy the fruits of his labour. He was always pissing and moaning about the electric bill, the cost of lawn and tree services, pool maintenance, the lazy mae bahn, the thieving handyman. He was from Yorkshire and worth a fortune (they were finding stashes of cash a couple of years after he passed) but mutual friends noted that one doesn't need all that to be happy. He certainly wasn't.

I can't imagine managing such a sprawl in Nong Wua So is any easier and maybe not too cheap either being way out there. Of course one could move one's tribe in to "help" but we know how that works.
Some good points, well made regarding effort involved in upkeeping large grounds. But don't worry guys, I've got you covered with the perfect option.

Small land, with almost zero maintenance required. 10 mins on a motor-cy or 15 in the car into the centre of the sprawling metropolis that is Udon. On a safe and secure, well maintained compound. Oh and a good price, too. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

viewtopic.php?p=666676#p666676

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 7, 2023, 9:07 pm

marcus1 wrote:
February 7, 2023, 6:35 pm
You have a good memory DM...
That was toooooo funny as are the plastic doors on the Big Bang mansion gone wrong..!!!!!
Indeed marcus .. as i age bits n bobs stop working or drop off .. fortunately as yet no problem with my MEMORY or genitalia as apparently it remains very tasty and sooyai mak mak according Brian ... the local tranny window cleaner.

As commented by BD Dero .. im also happy in my little cottage more so having a little mom n pop shop across the road selling large chang cans at 50bt .. 55bt to non locals and Jocks !!.

Back to the cowshed mansion with plaggy doors .. THERES GOLD IN THEM THERE HILLS !!

DM

Return to “Classifieds Debates & Comments”