U.S. Politics

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 25, 2020, 8:56 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 25, 2020, 7:15 pm
Be afraid.... be very, very afraid ....... Americans specifically, and the world in general ..... this is what awaits you/us if the Bloated Orange Bullshiitter is somehow re-elected in November. :shock:

(The screaming banshee is the current squeeze of DT Jr).

Brilliant isnt it i always like ms Guilfolye and her Fox news
Co females ... most if the male "anchors" (should be *******) are nothing to look at .. what ever happened ton Anna,Koeman ..??

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: US

Post by mech_401 » August 25, 2020, 11:19 pm

Kenr6583 wrote: WTF are you talkin about?
oh no , the " disgruntled postal worker" . i feel it's
my duty to ask, if you have a cache of automatic
weapons at home ? are you on any . . . meds ?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 26, 2020, 1:04 am

Guilfolye presents herself as a full on member of the Trump cult. Behind the scenes she might have a different opinion. It's recently been reported Sean Hannity's private opinion on Trump is very different from his public position:
But his friends told me he [Hannity] was burnt out for long stretches of the Trump presidency. Being the president’s “shadow chief of staff,” as he was known around the White House, could be a thrill, but it was also a serious burden. Hannity counseled Trump at all hours of the day ...
Hannity chose this life, so no one felt sorry for him, but the stress took its toll. “Hannity would tell you, off-off-off the record, that Trump is a batshit crazy person,” one of his associates said. Another friend concurred: “Hannity has said to me more than once, ‘he’s crazy.’”

But Hannity’s commitment to GOP priorities and to his own business model meant he could never say any of this publicly. If one of his friends went on the record quoting Hannity questioning Trump’s mental fitness, that would be the end of the friendship.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/08 ... trump-cult
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 27, 2020, 3:19 am

papafarang wrote:
August 25, 2020, 8:02 pm

Delusional hatred ,for some reason Americas issues are still caused by the Brits. Anything goes wrong in america carry on blaming English,Irish and Scots. :lol:
whoa now , just because i find your penchant for
posting fibs about people online distasteful , that
doesn't mean i dislike all welsh, scots, irish, brits

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 27, 2020, 11:46 am

for our intl friends interested in u.s. trivia

over the last 30 yrs there have been 15 different
incidents of workplace shootings at post office
as these types seem wound extremely tight and
quik to blow fuses " going postal" is slang term

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 27, 2020, 9:55 pm

mech_401 wrote:
August 27, 2020, 11:46 am

Used by ignorant people like you. Given that postal employees are in the public 6 days a week, and given the number of employees that work there, any incident is going to be in the spotlight. So one incident every two years constitutes a stereotype like that? You are not a very bright individual. You should be on here daily about the police officers here in the states, but being a bigot and racist, you can turn a blind eye to that.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 28, 2020, 12:07 am

mech_401 wrote:
August 25, 2020, 11:19 pm
You do realize that the postal service gives preference to ex military personnel in hiring, right? So you do realize you are making those disparaging remarks against US military members?

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 28, 2020, 5:26 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
August 28, 2020, 12:07 am
mech_401 wrote:
You do realize that the postal service gives preference to ex military personnel in hiring, right? So you do realize you are making those disparaging remarks against US military members?
All U.S. Government Agencies give preference to Honorable Discharge Discharge veterns, so post office no different , so I guess any disparaging remarks against any U.S. government agency is against military members.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 28, 2020, 5:54 am

Stantheman wrote:
August 28, 2020, 5:26 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
August 28, 2020, 12:07 am
mech_401 wrote:
All U.S. Government Agencies give preference to Honorable Discharge Discharge veterns, so post office no different , so I guess any disparaging remarks against any U.S. government agency is against military members.
Mech_401's remarks were directed towards postal workers. That is what I am addressing. And no, I have never made a derogatory comment against an entire agency or workforce or entire group of individuals.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 28, 2020, 6:25 am

mech_401 wrote:
August 27, 2020, 11:46 am

for forum members with a keen eye
for statistics

over the past two years a member has
made 765 posts
with little substance or relevance beyond
puerile ad hominem attacks

glib and facile at best "trolling" is the common term

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 28, 2020, 6:45 am

What the hell has Postal Workers got to do with US Politics, apart from the attempt to make it more difficult to Postal Voting which has been declared virtually Fraud and Interference Free. That is an attack on the entire Postal system not individuals.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 28, 2020, 7:10 am

Read and weep:
I am one of the hundreds of thousands of people in the US who has lost a loved one to Covid-19. My father, Mark Urquiza, should be alive today but he isn’t. I am forever marked by this pandemic.

Dad had faith in Donald Trump. He voted for him, telling me that he was interested in his business acumen. He listened to him, watching his daily task force briefings and town hall events such as “America Together: Returning to Work” on Fox News.

He believed Trump and his sidekick Arizona Governor Doug Ducey when, in May, they said that we were on the other side of the pandemic, that the curve had been flattened, and it was time to reopen. In early May, Donald Trump’s first public appearance since March was in Arizona. Together and maskless, Trump and Ducey toured the Honeywell factory, a place my dad had worked in for years. Arizona subsequently reopened and Governor Ducey spent the last two weeks of May reiterating President Trump’s position: if you didn’t have an underlying health condition, the virus was no longer a serious threat. It was, he said, safe to go out and meet up with loved ones and resume normal activities.

Just a few months before, my aunts and uncles and I received a text from my Dad saying: “Just did my physical, I’m fit as a fiddle.” While Dad was 65, putting him on the edge of the higher risk category, he had just received a clean bill of health and certainly didn’t consider himself “old” by any stretch of the imagination. After all, he came from healthy stock: his father lived well into his 90s and his great-aunt had just turned 91. Dad was in his prime; pre-pandemic, he was often the promoter of gatherings to cheer on a NASCAR race or to sing karaoke.

So when normal activities resumed, with encouragement from President Trump and Doug Ducey and against my warnings, my dad caught up with friends to sing a “Hard’s Day's Night” together at a local karaoke establishment. He said to me, “Kristin, why would the governor and president say it was safe if it wasn’t?”

But it wasn’t safe. And my father paid with his life.

With the economy in freefall and 30 million people unemployed — the largest since the Great Depression — Donald Trump’s reopening pushed a false choice between public health and economic health. Sadly, he didn’t realize you can’t have an economic recovery without a strong and healthy workforce.

Trump’s coronavirus decision-making process is and has been determined by his re-election aspirations. He is willing to sacrifice our loved ones and hopes that the American public will tolerate an unnecessarily high death count. It was recently reported that Jared Kushner scrapped a pandemic plan when it became obvious that “blue” states would be hit hardest. And we know that Indigenous, Black, and Latino people — people like me and my dad — are more likely to contract and die from coronavirus. Trump’s “suburban housewife” demographic remains largely untouched thus far, exposing that there are indeed two Americas: the America where my father died and the America where Trump lives and erroneously promotes the idea that reasonable pandemic safety precautions are civil rights violations.

The one thing missing from Trump’s calculus was me. I may have been born in my dad’s America, but because of equity programs, I had the opportunity to use my education to bridge this divide. And instead of working on Wall Street, I decided that I would un-rig the system, to ensure that every child also has an opportunity to meet their full potential. Along the way, my father encouraged me to speak out against injustice and to fight for those less fortunate. Donald Trump underestimated me and my willingness to stand up against a bully in the name of my father and for the sake of humanity.

Make no mistake: Donald Trump does not care about anyone other than Donald Trump. He continues to encourage people to come together, as they did last week in Yuma, Arizona, with Governor Ducey again, still unmasked at campaign rallies despite the threat of the virus. And his supporters continue to enable his every whim. Just last week, the RNC announced that they have no platform. This is what Trump wants. You don’t have to be an academic scholar to know that they have endorsed an authoritarian regime which encourages blind submission to authority.

My father raised me to be a patriot and a defender of democracy, which is why I am voting for Joe Biden. Not only is he the leader that will step into office on day one to contain the virus but he also will defend the freedoms and liberties of each of us.

I do this work out of love. Love for Dad, love for humanity, and love for democracy.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 28, 2020, 7:30 am

I enjoy mech's contrarian views on US politics or whatever it is that we're discussing. Sure he's a bit prickly but I think readers can handle that.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 28, 2020, 9:30 am

All I hear from the Trump haters is how badly he is handling this virus. All criticism but no answers. How should it be handled? Do we close all the businesses and lock people in their homes? This has been somewhat successful because it has kept the hospitals from being overrun. As soon as people get tired of staying home, they go out and get hit with this super contagious disease. Will there be a cure found? Maybe, but the virus mutates quickly and that cure is no longer effective.

I have lost no friends or family to the virus but I have lost quite a number of people to cancer. That is a truly painful way to die. Like it or not, death is a part of life. You have to have a bit of luck to die quickly without much pain. This too will eventually pass but at what cost? Is destroying your way of life and the economy really worth it? I have no answers and neither does anyone else have the answer. The highly educated experts are stymied and can only offer their opinions.

I have resigned myself to the age old solution. Time heals all wounds. The best advice I was ever given was not to concern myself with things I have no control over.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 28, 2020, 10:18 am

glalt wrote:
August 28, 2020, 9:30 am
All I hear from the Trump haters is how badly he is handling this virus. All criticism but no answers. How should it be handled? Do we close all the businesses and lock people in their homes? This has been somewhat successful because it has kept the hospitals from being overrun. As soon as people get tired of staying home, they go out and get hit with this super contagious disease. Will there be a cure found? Maybe, but the virus mutates quickly and that cure is no longer effective.

I have lost no friends or family to the virus but I have lost quite a number of people to cancer. That is a truly painful way to die. Like it or not, death is a part of life. You have to have a bit of luck to die quickly without much pain. This too will eventually pass but at what cost? Is destroying your way of life and the economy really worth it? I have no answers and neither does anyone else have the answer. The highly educated experts are stymied and can only offer their opinions.

I have resigned myself to the age old solution. Time heals all wounds. The best advice I was ever given was not to concern myself with things I have no control over.
But wasn't it Trump that suggested that the "age old solution" is voting for Biden?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 28, 2020, 11:32 am

glalt wrote:
August 28, 2020, 9:30 am

It only takes one mutation and it could end up killing hundreds of millions ,the more people it infects the more chance of mutating . I shouldn't worry about the economy ,long after we are all dead the economy will still be there . as for people dying , with 50,000 dead in the UK most of them old people they had sons and daughters, grandchildren so 100,000's of people have lost someone to covid in the UK, with the US 180,000 dead so a million people have lost someone to covid. Seems its will be around for years so eventually you'll know someone who died from it needlessly.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 28, 2020, 12:05 pm

Sometimes i have the impression that LIVES DO NOT matter anymore, we see death everywhere, in wars, accidents, on street corners etc etc. Have we become insensitive to death ? In a God-fearing country like the USA, why is 180 000 Covid19-deaths acceptable ? What price do we attribute to a HUMAN life ? A very sad state of affairs. Everyone stay safe.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 28, 2020, 1:04 pm

you DO realize of course that analyzing the actual
data in u.k. 40,000 fatalities , 66 million pop vs
the u.s. 180,000 fatalities , 328 million population

6 out of every 10,000 perish in u.k. and for u.s
it's 5 out of every 10,000. the u.k. is worse off

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 28, 2020, 1:21 pm

Glat
You want answers to the criticisms of the POTUS?
Start to listen to the experts around you. Stop firing everyone. Stop thinking everyone is out to get you. Quit lieing. Get your kids out of government. Get off the golf course your Nation needs you at the helm and the Par 4 on the back nine isnt where it is at. Stop blaming others for your problems. You own them now regardless if Obama, Clinton, Bush or whoever started them, they are in your lap now, do something about them then you can start squaking about them.

Good Luck

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » August 28, 2020, 1:58 pm

Doodoo wrote:
August 28, 2020, 1:21 pm
Glat
You want answers to the criticisms of the POTUS?
Start to listen to the experts around you. Stop firing everyone. Stop thinking everyone is out to get you. Quit lieing. Get your kids out of government. Get off the golf course your Nation needs you at the helm and the Par 4 on the back nine isnt where it is at. Stop blaming others for your problems. You own them now regardless if Obama, Clinton, Bush or whoever started them, they are in your lap now, do something about them then you can start squaking about them.

Good Luck
Don't waste your time. Nothing Trump does or doesn't do (actually lead) will change Glalt's mind about the childish whiny brat in the White House.

Return to “U.S. Politics”