U.S. Politics

mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by mech_401 » June 4, 2020, 6:16 am

and let's not forget about australian aboriginals. only 3% of population but comprise 30% inmates
( figures even higher for youth) hundreds of questionable deaths in police custody? 45% of
aboriginal households on welfare? it seems to be
systemic criminalization of the race? hhmmnn ?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 4, 2020, 6:21 am

Whichever way you look at American Politics, the partisan way those in the Senate and Congress vote, is certainly NOT serving the public ,( who by the way voted them in ) only themselves and their favourite Man-child if that applies.
It beggars belkief when you see time and again that chap Mitch Mcdonnell voting to supress this and that because NOT doing so may harm his favourite toy-boy, the man-child .
Can someone who knows ( not a bigoted, racist American ) pleaser explain how that is helping, serving or assisting America for the PUBLIC good , lets us have the arguments in print as it were, that is if anyone has the guts to explain

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 4, 2020, 6:39 am

source novaramedia.com

another searing expose of police brutality in u.k.
against people of color. many deaths in custody
with no officers held accountable. published just
a few days ago. is politics in u.k. just for whites?
the slightest probing reveals you're all hypocrites

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 4, 2020, 7:18 am

Blimey, KP can post like Mike Tyson used to punch.

mech will have mounted his horse, drawn his sword and be heading in here full steam with the cavalry.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 4, 2020, 7:25 am

Oh my Buddha, look at the scene at the Lincoln Memorial:

They're dressed to menace civilians. The US has sunk so so low.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 4, 2020, 8:16 am

GT93 wrote:
June 4, 2020, 3:27 am

Attorney General William P. Barr, without a tie, looking very shifty. Perhaps he can still smell the tear gas. I wonder if he's one day going to end up in jail like [former American Attorney General] John Mitchell. He currently seems to be one of the more dodgy Trump enablers.
Is it me or does it have a creepyness to that pic . The Munsters 2020 :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2020, 8:25 am

mickojak wrote:
June 3, 2020, 1:09 pm
And by the way, i dont hear you talking about the NY Governer who sent Covid infected people to all his old folks homes and killed all them?

See, neither side perfect?
I thought that was Nicola Sturgeon's patented population control method?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2020, 8:36 am

trekkertony wrote:
June 4, 2020, 4:06 am
What a ridiculous analogy from Udonmap. One can only assume you are insinuating that those who voted for Trump in 2016 would still have voted for him if your example was part of his raft of election promises in 2016. I thought you were above this type of crap.
I think the crap started when Trump stated in 2016: “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot someone and still not lose any voters, it’s incredible.” and nobody batted an eye after the right wing media said it was OK to post such deranged ideas. The MAGA acolytes lapped it up as it suggested that they too could simply shoot those that either annoy them or disagree with them. The crap was deepened as recently as late 2019 when Trump's own lawyer restated this in a shock argument during the subpoena into the President’s personal and corporate tax returns.

I guess the only way we'll ever find out is if Donny John goes out and shoots someone before polling day. I guess he missed a golden opportunity when he had a peaceful demo smashed outside his white house so he could lead his dysfunctional and badly dressed "family" on an evening stroll to church.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 4, 2020, 9:51 am

tamada wrote:
June 4, 2020, 8:36 am
trekkertony wrote:
What a ridiculous analogy from Udonmap. One can only assume you are insinuating that those who voted for Trump in 2016 would still have voted for him if your example was part of his raft of election promises in 2016. I thought you were above this type of crap.
I think the crap started when Trump stated in 2016: “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot someone and still not lose any voters, it’s incredible.” and nobody batted an eye after the right wing media said it was OK to post such deranged ideas. The MAGA acolytes lapped it up as it suggested that they too could simply shoot those that either annoy them or disagree with them. The crap was deepened as recently as late 2019 when Trump's own lawyer restated this in a shock argument during the subpoena into the President’s personal and corporate tax returns.

I guess the only way we'll ever find out is if Donny John goes out and shoots someone before polling day. I guess he missed a golden opportunity when he had a peaceful demo smashed outside his white house so he could lead his dysfunctional and badly dressed "family" on an evening stroll to church.
Luckily for us no other politician of any party in any country has said any piffle
come to think of it's not only politicians who can make nonsensical statements.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 4, 2020, 10:18 am

101 Things Democrats Have Said Trump Could Be Impeached For

President Trump was only in office two weeks before a Democratic congressman called for his impeachment.

On Feb. 1, 2017, mere days after the Trump’s inauguration, Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) said the House should consider impeaching the president in the event he doesn’t abide by court orders related to his travel ban.

President Trump did end up abiding by these court orders, but that didn’t stop Democrats’ calls for impeachment. Over the ensuing months, and years, Democrats have regularly come up with reasons why they should impeach the president.

At current count, Democrats have proffered 96 different reasons for impeaching Trump.

Below you’ll see a news list we’ve cross-posted from our sister site, NewsLists.co — the original is here — which is displayed chronologically.

By far the Democrats coming up with the most reasons for impeachment are Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) and Rep. Al Green (D-Texas). At current count, Waters has produced 14 different reasons she thinks Trump’s impeachable; Green’s come up with 18.

A few of the more interesting: Rep. Green suggested impeaching Trump after his supporters chanted “send her back” in reference to Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.); Rep. Waters has said he should be impeached simply for being “despicable.”

Those, of course, are just a sampling. See below for the comprehensive list. And if we’re missing any, you can add more by visiting NewsLists.co.
https://news.grabien.com/story-things-d ... impeachedI think

I think they missed chopping down that cherry tree he did a little while ago

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 4, 2020, 10:26 am

1st came RussiaGate, but failed to find any
then came ImpeachGate, but failed to convict
then came FluGate, but Trump just got stronger
now we have ProtestGate, with Majority Want Military to help
next will be electionGate to come full circle as
Trump gets 4 more. =D>

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 4, 2020, 11:00 am

mickojak wrote:
June 3, 2020, 1:09 pm
And by the way, i dont hear you talking about the NY Governer who sent Covid infected people to all his old folks homes and killed all them?

See, neither side perfect?
You didn't hear me talking about Cuomo's decision because we weren't. We were talking about Trump. And it was an illustrative example, -- just keeping your promise isn't enough. The promise, itself, matters. That's the point I was trying to make. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

To answer the other question you raised, yes, Cuomo's decision was idiotic. But we weren't trying to see who made stupider decisions, we were talking about the significance (or lack) of politicians keeping promises, and whether the promises, themselves, matter. Again, sorry if that was unclear to you.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 4, 2020, 11:15 am

Both points fully understood,
but, like I said, you vote for a party and all it's promises, good or bad.

In fact, I can't say that I've liked all promises of any party that I have ever voted for.

And, if trump promised what you said, then he will try and implement it, that's the point I'm making.

I personally don't agree with that one either, but like I said, you gotta take the whole package.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 4, 2020, 12:54 pm

The US military is in town (Washington DC) and kicking arse trying to crush protests. :shock:
Trump also declared, “I am mobilizing all available federal resources — civilian and military — to stop the rioting and looting.”

Think of that phrase: “all available resources.” In this annus horribilus, the United States has endured more than 100,000 deaths and 40 million jobs lost from the coronavirus. In response to those cataclysms, Trump responded lethargically and ineffectively: The American death rate from the virus is three times Germany’s and the unemployment rate roughly four times Germany’s. But in response to a week of protests and looting, Trump seeks to send in the Army? According to the Daily Beast, he even inquired about sending in tanks.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/03/opin ... e=Homepage

Blimey. Trump is bananas.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 4, 2020, 1:02 pm

RLTrader wrote:
June 4, 2020, 10:26 am
Trump gets 4 more. =D>
British Public Not Buying Ludicrous Anti-Trump Media Narrative
We’ve had over three years of this rubbish, the President has been accused of everything from “colluding” with Russia to obstruction of justice – ie protesting his innocence loud and often.

The tragic death of George Floyd and the widespread outrage that followed has given his enemies across a broad political spectrum even more ammunition to fire at him, but in spite of the skewed polls he is more popular than ever with the broad masses of the American public, and there are signs the brainwashing has failed dismally here too, certainly if the reaction to a recent Yahoo! News UK article is anything to go by.
https://theduran.com/british-public-not ... narrative/

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 4, 2020, 1:15 pm

trekkertony wrote:
What a ridiculous analogy from Udonmap.
mech_401 wrote:
June 4, 2020, 4:23 am
i don't think that's actually an analogy. he appears
to be asking about the ethics & morality of the individual pledges the candidates make.
Yes, that was my point. It's not enough merely to keep your promises. What you promise matters.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 4, 2020, 1:32 pm

Journalist Chris Hedges on the 2020 Election and 'awful Biden'.
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 13.32.10.png
https://twitter.com/MoatsTV/status/1268422413018173440

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 4, 2020, 2:27 pm

RLTrader wrote:
June 4, 2020, 1:02 pm

Really? [-(

YouGov poll (last tracked at the end of April) pretty much totally disagrees, with 75% saying he has been "terrible" (61%) or "poor" (14%).

Capture.PNG
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/tr ... -president

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 4, 2020, 2:37 pm

mech_401 wrote:
June 4, 2020, 6:39 am
source novaramedia.com

another searing expose of police brutality in u.k.
against people of color. many deaths in custody
with no officers held accountable. published just
a few days ago. is politics in u.k. just for whites?
the slightest probing reveals you're all hypocrites
Tell us more - about the hypocrisy I mean.

And thank you for highlighting injustice and police brutality in places other than just the USA - the more exposure the better. 👍

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » June 4, 2020, 7:13 pm

RLTrader wrote:
June 4, 2020, 1:02 pm
RLTrader wrote:
June 4, 2020, 10:26 am
Trump gets 4 more. =D>
We’ve had over three years of this rubbish, the President has been accused of everything from “colluding” with Russia to obstruction of justice – ie protesting his innocence loud and often.

The tragic death of George Floyd and the widespread outrage that followed has given his enemies across a broad political spectrum even more ammunition to fire at him, but in spite of the skewed polls he is more popular than ever with the broad masses of the American public, and there are signs the brainwashing has failed dismally here too, certainly if the reaction to a recent Yahoo! News UK article is anything to go by.
https://theduran.com/british-public-not ... narrative/
The Duran is a QUESTIONABLE SOURCE
(https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-duran/)
A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source.
Founded in 2016, The Duran is a strongly right leaning news and opinion website with ties to Russian state media. Based in Cyprus, the editor of the website is Alexander Mercouris, who in 2012 was disbarred as an attorney in London. According to the Telegraph, he then went on to become a “pro-Russian commentator on world affairs for Russian TV news outlets and websites.”

The Duran’s director is Peter Lavelle, who is host of RT’s (Russian state news outlet) political debate program CrossTalk.

In 2018, the right leaning Weekly Standard accused The Duran of peddling Russian “Fake News.”

Return to “U.S. Politics”