U.S. Politics

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Doodoo » January 15, 2020, 12:02 pm

"Kenr6583, do you endorse the conduct of those who have ‘cancelled’ Vince Vaughan for shaking hands with POTUS?"

Dont go there Kenr "Its a Trap"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 15, 2020, 12:15 pm

trekkertony wrote:
January 15, 2020, 11:38 am
Kenr6583, do you endorse the conduct of those who have ‘cancelled’ Vince Vaughan for shaking hands with POTUS?
Quite obviously the bit time actor felt that seeking out Trump (and knowing the POTUS would have cameras on him at all times) would be a good career move to get him noticed. He got (and is still getting) the publicity ...... i'd never heard o him before this (and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Trump did'nt know him either unless he's an ex Fox news presenter :-k )=;

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 15, 2020, 12:23 pm

My reaction to tt's post was:

- whoTF is Vince Vaughn?

- what does being "cancelled" mean?

- does anyone care anyway?

:-k

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 15, 2020, 2:35 pm

Well Jack obviously the Democrats party machine cares as they are the push behind ‘the cancelling’. How dare a public figure get into the trenches with the POTUS without their consent. Let’s include them on our hate list. Recent history has shown the vitriolic nature of all those Democrat sympathisers who are happy to black ball all and sundry who are willing to show perspective to the achievements of the current administration.
CNN are now being carved up for devoting positive airtime to the current administration. Kenr6583 will you cease your vitriolic attacks after the November 2020 result or is you personality type such that you will steadfastly refuse the right of fellow Americans to vote and determine the result and live with that decision.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 15, 2020, 2:45 pm

glalt wrote:
January 13, 2020, 7:02 pm
You can't reason with these people. They have that hate Trump virus and are still butt hurt from the election. The next election will make them hurt even more. Refusing to admit that the country is now headed in the right direction really irritates them. They would rather see the US fail than to admit that Trump is doing a great job. Shameful for sure.

One thing that amazes me is that the absolute looniest politicians come from Kalifornia.
"...these people"... "hate Trump virus"... butt hurt Liberals"... "see US fail"..."shameful"...

Y'all forgot to squeeze "never Trump" and "but Obama" and "criminal Hillary" into your persistently divisive, partisan rhetoric. You're really not very good at this are you?

By the same token, reasoning doesn't feature with the MAGA acolytes either. For every Liberal with this overused and expired election butt hurt affliction, there's an equally obsessed Conservative with the pestilence of blind, unrequited love for Donald. Not a respectful love for the office of POTUS you will note, but a heavily manipulated and misguided adulation for the Celebrity-in-Chief, Donald J Trump.

Despite the stereotypical misspelling of California, still the richest state of the richest nation that ever existed on the planet (and it was that long before DJT was jerked off on a fence post and hatched in the sun), you are spot on with noting they are (thankfully) different. The US west coast provides that much needed check and balance to the introspective, red-capped, down-home yokelry of the interior and mid-west. Of course anyone that prefers their personal, dope smokin', bike ridin' freedoms and protections to come naturally rather than be fought for against some mythical tyrannical federal government will always come across as a kook to the gun-totin', up tight, moral rectitude of the anal right-wing nut job.

The weather's perpetually great in San Diego too. That must really hurt.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 15, 2020, 3:21 pm

trekkertony wrote:
January 15, 2020, 2:35 pm
Well Jack obviously the Democrats party machine cares as they are the push behind ‘the cancelling’. How dare a public figure get into the trenches with the POTUS without their consent. Let’s include them on our hate list. Recent history has shown the vitriolic nature of all those Democrat sympathisers who are happy to black ball all and sundry who are willing to show perspective to the achievements of the current administration.
CNN are now being carved up for devoting positive airtime to the current administration. Kenr6583 will you cease your vitriolic attacks after the November 2020 result or is you personality type such that you will steadfastly refuse the right of fellow Americans to vote and determine the result and live with that decision.
Doesn't Australia have its own problems, why are you so obsessed with my critiquing of Trump? I have never said anything negative about an individual on here until they attacked me, and that goes for you. You don't live here, you don't see what's going on here, this administration has not taken care of the issues, the important issues, that they should be taking care of. The elderly are getting screwed with the increases of their medicare premiums and prescription drug costs which are outpacing their COLA. When is this administration going to fix the healthcare problem we have here? How long do you think a country can survive with a yearly trillion dollar deficit? This GOP is not the GOP I know, fiscal responsibility is out the window. The only thing they can do in his next term, which they have discussed, is go after social security and Medicare benefits. Income disparity is getting worse, so don't attack me for voicing my concern. Worry about your issues in Australia and allow me to exercise my right under the Constitution as an American citizen.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 15, 2020, 3:56 pm

Back to the question, will you accept the result of the 2020 election or is that in conflict with your rights under the Constitution as an American citizen?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 15, 2020, 7:29 pm

trekkertony wrote:
January 15, 2020, 3:56 pm
Back to the question, will you accept the result of the 2020 election or is that in conflict with your rights under the Constitution as an American citizen?
LOL.... I owe you an answer to a stupid question, but you refuse to answer the questions concerning health care? Too funny. Go fight your brush fire.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » January 17, 2020, 8:50 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
January 15, 2020, 7:29 pm
trekkertony wrote:
LOL.... I owe you an answer to a stupid question, but you refuse to answer the questions concerning health care? Too funny. Go fight your brush fire.
So you think its funny to take the pxxs out of australias bush fire? Nearly 6,000 homes of people burned , 28 dead , thousands of animals burned alive and you use it as sarcasm . Not a very nice person are you ?? Bit like taking the pxxxs out of the world trade centres or the tsunami / IT`s just not done!!!!
All because you do not like trump ?Answer the question . Would you accept the result of the 2020 election when trump wins again?more questions for you . why do you think over 60 million people voted for trump ? What do you think of those people ? Be interesting to here your answer .

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 17, 2020, 10:04 am

dragonz wrote:
January 17, 2020, 8:50 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
trekkertony wrote:
So you think its funny to take the pxxs out of australias bush fire? Nearly 6,000 homes of people burned , 28 dead , thousands of animals burned alive and you use it as sarcasm . Not a very nice person are you ?? Bit like taking the pxxxs out of the world trade centres or the tsunami / IT`s just not done!!!!
All because you do not like trump ?Answer the question . Would you accept the result of the 2020 election when trump wins again?more questions for you . why do you think over 60 million people voted for trump ? What do you think of those people ? Be interesting to here your answer .
And I'll say the same thing to you as I said to your friend, it's a stupid question. Answer the questions I asked first, and maybe, just maybe, I'll respond to yours. And don't be such a drama queen.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » January 17, 2020, 1:54 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
January 17, 2020, 10:04 am
dragonz wrote:
January 17, 2020, 8:50 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
trekkertony wrote:
you never asked me a question and taking the mick out of australians for the bush fire is not being a drama queen it is what you said and pretty obscene it is . Health care in usa is a mess and has been for 50 years not trumps fault and will be a mess for the next 50 years as long as the insurance and drug companies call the shots
So answer my question at least . what do you think of the millions of people who like trump . You know the guy who has never been convicted of a criminal offence . Whay do you think of them and why you think they like trump ?

And I'll say the same thing to you as I said to your friend, it's a stupid question. Answer the questions I asked first, and maybe, just maybe, I'll respond to yours. And don't be such a drama queen.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » January 18, 2020, 1:34 pm

This is an interesting comment on one aspect of the Progressive's totalitarian ideology.

“There is no fun in Islam,” once declared the Ayatollah Khomenei, whose stern visage glowered down from posters plastered all over Iran after the 1979 revolution, as if daring anyone to crack a joke. The same could be said for Progressivism which, like Islamic fundamentalism, is a totalitarian ideology, and today’s Democrats, like the Iranian mullahs, simply can’t take a joke.

They can’t afford to, since successful totalitarianism depends on the complete control of every aspect of the population’s lives, especially thought control. The totalitarian state maintains that control through fear and division, and people who feel comfortable enough to ridicule the regime clearly are not sufficiently afraid or divided. The greatest enemy of authority, the philosopher Hannah Arendt wrote, is contempt, and the surest way to undermine it is laughter. Humor unapproved by the state – particularly humor aimed at the state – is an ominous sign that the regime’s death grip on the populace is slipping.

There is a scene from the brilliant 2007 German movie The Lives of Others (if you haven’t seen it, stop reading this now and go watch it), set in East Germany prior to the fall of the Berlin wall, which captures not only the existential terror of life in a totalitarian society, but the state’s vulnerability to mockery. In one chilling scene from the film, a Party official overhears an oblivious young soldier beginning to tell friends a joke at the expense of the Party Chairman. When he realizes a Party superior is eavesdropping, the soldier blanches in fear, but the official feigns amusement and encourages him to finish the joke. The punch line ridicules not only the Chairman but the rigid oppression of the system itself. The official then sternly demands to know the soldier’s name and department, warning him, “I don’t have to tell you what this means for your career. You were deriding the Party. That’s incitement, and likely just the tip of the iceberg. I will report this to the Minister.” Mockery endangered the Party as surely as armed insurrection – perhaps even more so, because a revolution can be crushed by military might, but ridicule is a more insidious and elusive threat.

“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon,” states Rule #5 of community organizer Saul Alinsky’s infamous, ingenious Rules for Radicals, which the Machiavellian strategist dedicated to Lucifer, the ultimate radical. “There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating.” The left has mastered the implementation of Alinsky’s rules for decades, and have taken control of the entertainment industry in which they wield derision of their political enemies like a broadsword. The entire late-night talk show scene, to cite just one arena, has been commandeered by so-called comedians devoted to progressive propaganda and attacks on conservatives. But the left is unaccustomed to having the tables turned. They’re utterly unprepared to be the butt of jokes.

Comedian Ricky Gervais (pictured above), for example, despite being a progressive atheist himself, unloaded a brutal takedown of his privileged celebrity audience as host of last week’s Golden Globes Awards program: “You say you’re ‘woke,’ but the companies you work for: Apple, Amazon, Disney… if ISIS started a streaming service you’d call your agent, wouldn’t you?” He slammed them for their friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, the well-connected, suicided trafficker of underage girls, and told the increasingly uncomfortable stars that they “know nothing about the real world – most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.” He warned them not to get political in their acceptance speeches, because “no one cares about your views on politics or culture.”

Gervais’ no-holds-barred monologue went viral among cheering conservatives in the flyover states that Hollywood holds in such open contempt, but showbiz suckups were stung by his bullseyes. The Los Angeles Times criticized “the smirking master of ceremonies” for “taunt[ing] the room for trying to use their influence to change things for the better.” Vanity Fair writer Mark Harris dismissed Gervais’ jokes as “right-wing talking points” – as if the entire entertainment field doesn’t push left-wing talking points nonstop.

In another recent example of progressive humorlessness, CNN reporter Donie O'Sullivan whined that the right-leaning Babylon Bee satire site gets more traffic for one article than his fake news network and The New York Times get weekly. He tried to diminish the Bee’s influence and insult its audience by claiming it is a fake news site spreading disinformation (you know, like CNN or the NY Times). "A lot of people sharing this 'satirical' story on Facebook don't know it is satire," O'Sullivan wrote. Of course they do. O’Sullivan, who had no problem sharing articles from the left-leaning satire site, The Onion, simply resented being the target of the Bee’s satirical scalpel and wanted to smear the site as fake news. No one bought it, and O’Sullivan was skewered mercilessly on social media for his humorless partisanship.

The left has always embraced comedy that desecrates “bourgeois” values, but it has become increasingly disapproving of politically incorrect humor that desecrates the left’s own sacred cows. Comedians like Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock have been complaining for a few years now that young people’s sense of humor has dried up on college campuses thanks to the PC obsession with sensitivity toward approved minority victim categories. Comedian Dave Chappelle, for example, was excoriated by the left for his very un-PC recent Netflix special “Sticks & Stones,” in which he pointed out, for example, that Hollywood’s one unspoken rule is “Never upset ‘the alphabet people’” – the bullying LGBT lobby. Salon called Chappelle’s new act part of our era of “nonchalant cruelty” ushered in by President Trump and his supporters. Salon considered it cruel because Chappelle’s jokes made the totalitarian left feel uncomfortable and exposed. Would Salon equally condemn as cruelty the mean-spirited comedy directed daily in showbiz at approved targets like Trump or his supporters or white people or Christians? Never.

One of the principal reasons the left is so triggered by President Donald Trump is that when it comes to being mocked by the left, he gives better than he gets. Indeed, that’s a large part of the reason he was elected: he gets in the gutter with his enemies, fights back, and wins. He has no compunctions about publicly ridiculing his opponents, going so far as to give them degrading nicknames which have caught on in the popular culture, at least among conservatives: Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren, Adam “Pencil Neck” Schiff, Pete “Alfred E. Neuman” Buttigieg, and many more. Democrats have never had to deal with Alinsky tactics from a conservative politician before, much less a president. It leaves them infuriated and defenseless, just as Saul Alinsky noted it would. You can see it in the unhinged, impotent anger of pompous celebrities who rage at Trump on social media, which just makes them look more ridiculous.

Democrats are not currently in political power, at least in the White House, but they have held the reins of cultural power for fifty years. Under President Trump, however, leftists feel that power slipping from their grasp as the right becomes more empowered to mock them. Totalitarianism, like comedy, is serious business; but unlike comedy, totalitarianism doesn’t work if everyone's laughing.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » January 18, 2020, 2:55 pm

pelosi-trump-impeach-law.jpg

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 18, 2020, 7:29 pm

Kenr6583,
Were you as intense in relation to former president Bill Clinton lying under oath in his impeachment trial or was that type of conduct easily accepted by you and others on the left. Don’t worry about a reply, forum readers already know the answer.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 18, 2020, 7:37 pm

TJ wrote:
January 18, 2020, 2:55 pm
pelosi-trump-impeach-law.jpg
very true =D> =D> =D>
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 18, 2020, 7:41 pm

trekkertony wrote:
January 18, 2020, 7:29 pm
Kenr6583,
Were you as intense in relation to former president Bill Clinton lying under oath in his impeachment trial or was that type of conduct easily accepted by you and others on the left. Don’t worry about a reply, forum readers already know the answer.
LOL..... Apparently you only read and understand what you want, and dismiss everything else. On this thread I have stated that Clinton deserved to be impeached and should have been removed from office for lying, obstruction, and witness tampering. Remember oh gifted one, I am not a Democrat. So what's next? You have issues dude.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 18, 2020, 8:14 pm

trekkertony wrote:
Kenr6583,
Were you as intense in relation to former president Bill Clinton lying under oath in his impeachment trial .........
Are you inventing history?

Clinton didn't testify at either his impeachment hearing in the House, or his trial in the Senate. :roll:

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 18, 2020, 8:26 pm

jackspratt wrote:
January 18, 2020, 8:14 pm
trekkertony wrote:
Kenr6583,
Were you as intense in relation to former president Bill Clinton lying under oath in his impeachment trial .........
Are you inventing history?

Clinton didn't testify at either his impeachment hearing in the House, or his trial in the Senate. :roll:
Correct, the lying, perjury charge, stemmed from Grand Jury testimony about a month before the impeachment hearing.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 19, 2020, 2:36 am

I stand corrected.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 11, 2020, 8:57 pm

Hillarious..... the great job creator. :D
New Labor Department statistics show that despite Trump’s repeated boasts, job creation was a lot higher during Barack Obama’s final years.

As President Donald Trump takes the stage at his reelection rally here Monday and boasts of his economic record, there is one statistic he is likely to omit: He created 1.5 million fewer jobs in his first three years in office than predecessor Barack Obama did in his final three.

Newly revised figures from Trump’s own Department of Labor show that 6.6 million new jobs were created in the first 36 months of Trump’s tenure, compared with 8.1 million in the final 36 months of Obama’s ― a decline of 19% under Trump, according to a HuffPost analysis.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-ob ... 0ffc169993
=D>

(My emphasis)

Return to “U.S. Politics”