U.S. Politics

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by tamada » October 24, 2019, 10:58 am

Mosquito wrote:
October 24, 2019, 8:06 am

My Opinion: Event was a political stunt, delay action, and witness intimidation.
I agree. Just evidence of more, desperate Republican headless chookery.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 24, 2019, 11:27 am

"Alexander Hamilton warned in 1788 that impeachment risks “agitat[ing] the passions of the whole community” and spurring “pre-existing factions” to “animosities, partialities, influence and interest”. The process carries the “greatest danger” that “real demonstrations of innocence or guilt” will amount to little in the face of raw political calculations. But the constitution carves a path around the maelstrom, Hamilton insisted: the United States Senate will have the “sole power to try all impeachments” sent its way by the House of Representatives. Senators, “unawed and uninfluenced” by the passions of the day, are “sufficiently dignified” to weigh whether an impeached official should be thrown from office.

On October 22nd America’s top diplomat in Ukraine, William Taylor, testified to House investigators that President Donald Trump threatened to withhold $391m in military aid unless Volodymr Zelensky, Ukraine’s president, opened an investigation into the son of Joe Biden, one of Mr Trump’s potential rivals in next year’s election. It was the clearest and most detailed account to date—from a public servant whose career spans five decades and nine administrations—of Mr Trump leaning on a foreign leader to help his re-election effort. Mr Taylor’s testimony makes impeachment in the House likelier. It remains to be seen whether members of Congress’s upper chamber will put party aside and live up to Hamilton’s billing."

https://www.economist.com/united-states ... -look-like

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 24, 2019, 2:04 pm

"Donald Trump bragged on Wednesday that the U.S. is building a border wall in Colorado — a thing that is definitely not happening, by the way. But lucky for those left baffled by the mistake, Colorado’s governor had a pretty perfect response.

“Well this is awkward,” Gov. Jared Polis tweeted on Wednesday. “Colorado doesn’t border Mexico. Good thing Colorado now offers free full day kindergarten so our kids can learn basic geography.”"

"Donny Open my Mouth to Change Feet" once again reveals the level of stupidity he posesses I hear he will announce this week one also being built for Alaska so them damn Canucks cant get in after whats his name got elected again

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » October 25, 2019, 11:09 am

no need for yanks to comment here. brits have it
all sewn up with their mastery of endless political
theatre and inaction. how's the brexit looking? \:D/

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » October 26, 2019, 9:19 am

"This Impeachment Subverts the Constitution

Speaker Nancy Pelosi has directed committees investigating President Trump to “proceed under that umbrella of impeachment inquiry,” but the House has never authorized such an inquiry. Democrats have been seeking to impeach Mr. Trump since the party took control of the House, though it isn’t clear for what offense. Lawmakers and commentators have suggested various possibilities, but none amount to an impeachable offense. The effort is akin to a constitutionally proscribed bill of attainder—a legislative effort to punish a disfavored person. The Senate should treat it accordingly.

The impeachment power is quasi-judicial and differs fundamentally from Congress’s legislative authority. The Constitution assigns “the sole power of impeachment” to the House—the full chamber, which acts by majority vote, not by a press conference called by the Speaker. Once the House begins an impeachment inquiry, it may refer the matter to a committee to gather evidence with the aid of subpoenas. Such a process ensures the House’s political accountability, which is the key check on the use of impeachment power.

The House has followed this process every time it has tried to impeach a president. Andrew Johnson’s 1868 impeachment was predicated on formal House authorization, which passed 126-47. In 1974 the Judiciary Committee determined it needed authorization from the full House to begin an inquiry into Richard Nixon’s impeachment, which came by a 410-4 vote. The House followed the same procedure with Bill Clinton in 1998, approving a resolution 258-176, after receiving independent counsel Kenneth Starr’s report.

Mrs. Pelosi discarded this process in favor of a Trump-specific procedure without precedent in Anglo-American law. Rep. Adam Schiff’s Intelligence Committee and several other panels are questioning witnesses in secret. Mr. Schiff has defended this process by likening it to a grand jury considering whether to hand up an indictment."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/this-impea ... 1572040762

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 26, 2019, 9:57 am

Notice article is in the Opinion / Commentary section

Fox and CNN legal teams, both confirm proceedings are per House rules and the Constitution.

Federal Judge just ruled, also a legal proceeding and to turn over unredacted Mueller probe info.

Side Note, Opinions are like xxxxxxx's every person has one.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » October 26, 2019, 10:03 am

thats exactly right TJ , its been same song and
dance every month going on 4 years . theyre beyond hysterical and screaming fits. great aint it :-"

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 26, 2019, 10:23 am

mech_401 wrote:
October 26, 2019, 10:03 am
thats exactly right TJ , its been same song and
dance every month going on 4 years . theyre beyond hysterical and screaming fits. great aint it :-"

Sorry, missing the point behind your post.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 26, 2019, 12:08 pm

All may not be as rosy as the President would have us believe....

"The Day The Trump Boom Died: Why Has Business Confidence Collapsed?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/opin ... -ios-share

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 26, 2019, 3:30 pm

"U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday reinstated duty-free trade for certain items from Ukraine, but suspended it with Thailand."

"The USTR’s office said the move amounted to a suspension of $1.3 billion in trade preferences for Thailand under the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) program.
The suspension, which goes into effect in six months, will affect about a third of Thailand’s products included in the trade program. Duty-free treatment will be revoked for all Thailand’s seafood exports to the United States over labor issues, the USTR’s office said."

WELL???

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 26, 2019, 4:52 pm

What I found most amusing in this administrations statement is that they are concerned about Thai workers collective bargaining rights while they attempt to strip away American Unions bargaining rights every chance they get here in the United States. The changes that have been been at the NLRB and DOL have not been made to benefit the American worker.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 27, 2019, 7:21 am

Actually, I'll end it here. The topic of this discussion is U.S. Politics, not each other. Off-topic posts have been removed.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » October 27, 2019, 7:54 am

90mimb_a9c7dd5797b701a964fab517d0a362d4_2b66fa6f_640.jpg

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 27, 2019, 8:18 am

Trump is under constant attack due to his willful disregard to the Constitution and his constant attack on anyone who doesn't agree with him. His playground antics have gotten old. There are three branches in the Government and the sooner he realizes that and he respects it, then maybe, just maybe, something positive can get accomplished. But I seriously doubt his ego will allow that to happen.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » October 28, 2019, 1:59 pm

he's the devil's spawn , an agent of lucifer
probably has goat hooves for feet . we can agree

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: The Land of Snowflakes

Post by Whistler » October 30, 2019, 12:44 pm

Donald pays Tax? Ya kidding me!

"If I decide to run for office, I will release my tax returns. Absolutely. I would love to do that".

“Obviously if I’m being audited, I’m not going to release a return,” he told CNN. (Lie, he was not being audited)

Still, Trump pledged that he would release the tax returns before Election Day. CNN
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 30, 2019, 7:40 pm

On lies irt Trump, interesting reading:

https://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/
Canadian News Outlet, but facts are facts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/
*you'll just get the headline, don't endorse subscribing for 1.00.

https://www.politifact.com/personalitie ... ing/false/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veracity_ ... nald_Trump

Yes, I actually spent the time going thru these articles (Washington Post being the exception).

Then you have some Republican's attacking a military officer that's testifying under oath, while keeping silent irt all the Trump lies/misleading statements.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » October 31, 2019, 6:23 am

you know what they say , people that have no
useful knowledge in any area of life . can always
become political analysts. its so convenient :-&

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 31, 2019, 9:40 am

mech_401 wrote:
October 31, 2019, 6:23 am
you know what they say , people that have no
useful knowledge in any area of life . can always
become political analysts. its so convenient :-&
Absolutely agree 101%

One only has to watch a few minutes of Fox News before a retired Army, Navy, Marine or Air Force fossil is introduced to bolster yet another false political narrative with his less than insightful views delivered with all the nous and savvy of a blustering, irrelevant old man who misses dressing up, being told what to do and who to kill.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 31, 2019, 10:57 am

Trump i'm afraid is not loved by many..get over it or stop reading what upsets you.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “U.S. Politics”