U.S. Politics

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by tamada » August 1, 2022, 9:35 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 31, 2022, 9:34 pm
You know jack? Of course they are not compelled to post, but maybe, just maybe their views can be put to a test and challenging those views will cause them to confront and deal with unpalatable thoughts. Good lord man, the whole of America needs to put their brains into a least the first gear.

Sorry Jack, I think we should take on this stuff head on.
When Trump's proponents on this forum were more prevalent and vociferous, their arguments were well tested. However, they still blindly regurgitated 45's bombast and nonsense while endlessly citing Fox News and the usual half-dozen right-wing "news" websites. All this while engaging in Trump's own childish habit of giving opponents childish monikers and nicknames. Despite their new-found restraint, at this juncture, I doubt any of the former MAGA- capped ra-ra boys have changed their minds yet.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 2, 2022, 7:07 am

tamada wrote:
August 1, 2022, 9:35 pm
Whistler wrote:
July 31, 2022, 9:34 pm
You know jack? Of course they are not compelled to post, but maybe, just maybe their views can be put to a test and challenging those views will cause them to confront and deal with unpalatable thoughts. Good lord man, the whole of America needs to put their brains into a least the first gear.

Sorry Jack, I think we should take on this stuff head on.
When Trump's proponents on this forum were more prevalent and vociferous, their arguments were well tested. However, they still blindly regurgitated 45's bombast and nonsense while endlessly citing Fox News and the usual half-dozen right-wing "news" websites. All this while engaging in Trump's own childish habit of giving opponents childish monikers and nicknames. Despite their new-found restraint, at this juncture, I doubt any of the former MAGA- capped ra-ra boys have changed their minds yet.
You are of course assuming they are capable of individual thought !!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 2, 2022, 9:10 am

^ Everyone is capable of individual thought. It's whether they choose to exercise it that may be difficult for some.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 2, 2022, 10:11 am

Pelosi on her way to Taiwan.
Attachments
Pelosi.jpg
Pelosi.jpg (7.24 KiB) Viewed 1933 times

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 2, 2022, 11:14 am

mak wrote:
August 2, 2022, 10:11 am
Why post a doctored image? Even the wording is not the slightest bit clever or funny. However, America showing support for Taiwan to avoided an Asian Ukraine is vital to peace in the region. This trip should be lauded it mocked.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 2, 2022, 11:24 am

Anyone who thinks the democrats are doing a good job are blind liberals. I am an independent leaning republican. As far as Trump, his influence will be felt but I seriously doubt that he will run simply because he is TOO old. I too do not like Trump but he did a better job of running the country than what is happening now. Stopping the Canadian pipeline and changing oil drilling rules created the overpriced oil we have now. Stopping the border wall was also and huge mistake. Look at the mess we have on the border now not to mention the billions of dollars spent on illegals.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 2, 2022, 12:56 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 2, 2022, 11:14 am
mak wrote:
August 2, 2022, 10:11 am
Why post a doctored image? Even the wording is not the slightest bit clever or funny. However, America showing support for Taiwan to avoid an Asian Ukraine is vital to peace in the region. This trip should be lauded it mocked.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 2, 2022, 3:29 pm

glalt wrote:
August 2, 2022, 11:24 am
Anyone who thinks the democrats are doing a good job are blind liberals. I am an independent leaning republican. As far as Trump, his influence will be felt but I seriously doubt that he will run simply because he is TOO old. I too do not like Trump but he did a better job of running the country than what is happening now. Stopping the Canadian pipeline and changing oil drilling rules created the overpriced oil we have now. Stopping the border wall was also and huge mistake. Look at the mess we have on the border now not to mention the billions of dollars spent on illegals.

Compared to Trump's administration, they are doing a good job.

Trump:
Added 7.8-8 Trillion to National Debt.
141 Million in taxpayers $$$ for Golf Outings. Trump golfed 307 days during his presidency.
50M+ in Migrant Separation Liability (cost to US Taxpayers).
Left for President Biden to Fix.
100+ Million in China Trade Tariff Liability. Case deadline tomorrow, so we'll see what the final
cost / penalities will be for US Taxpayers.
Left for President Biden to Fix.
16-20 Billion wasted on a wall. Oh, FYI Trump claimed in Nov-Dec 2022 that the wall was completed.
* Of which, 6-10 Billion illegally taken from DOD funds. You know the $$$ that should of gone to military
bases for security and military family living conditions.
* Mexico didn't Pay for It.
* More than enough videos of migrants just climbing over the wall with little effort.
Keystone Pipeline was low grade oil (tar sand oil), it was only 10-15% complete in Jan 2021.
* Seriously doubt it had any significant effect on gas prices (maybe a global pandemic recover and Russia's
invasion of Ukraine for the sharp rise in gas prices, along with US Big Oil and Gas ripping off consumers).
Oh, BTW it wasn't even scheduled to be completed until early 2023.

Yea, a ---- ton of $$$ is being spent on migrants. BTW # of migrants started increasing under Trump and during the pandemic.
Who wouldn't want to escape the living conditions in South America, worsen by a global pandemic and global inflation.
What's the right answer to the problem, doubt there is a right answer....if human morals are taken into account.

Then there's this easy breakdown, which can easily be fact checked.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/01 ... ident-ever

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 2, 2022, 3:39 pm

I'm only praying that Dems hold the House majority and gain 4 Senate seats in Nov 2022 Mid-Terms.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 3, 2022, 4:44 am

Nancy made it.
Attachments
Pelosi 5.jpg

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 3, 2022, 6:49 am

Politically, good for Nancy and the US. Even with the military and President Biden's light objections.

Starting to think the US is finally calling aggressive nations threats/bluffs. IMO, only way to keep a bully in line.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 3, 2022, 7:58 am

Republicans...the "we love our vets" party.

Senate passes bill to aid veterans exposed to toxic burn pits after Republicans had stalled measure for days.

The military generated enormous amounts of waste in Afghanistan and Iraq and then burned it, releasing plumes of dangerous chemicals. Veterans groups have pressed for years to designate certain ailments as presumptively linked to those pits, automatically triggering federal benefits. The GOP’s initial blockage prompted veterans, military family members and advocates including comedian Jon Stewart to protest on the Capitol steps. The bill now heads to President Biden, who has called the measure a top priority.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -pressure/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 3, 2022, 3:19 pm

tamada wrote:
August 3, 2022, 7:58 am
Republicans...the "we love our vets" party.

Senate passes bill to aid veterans exposed to toxic burn pits after Republicans had stalled measure for days.

The military generated enormous amounts of waste in Afghanistan and Iraq and then burned it, releasing plumes of dangerous chemicals. Veterans groups have pressed for years to designate certain ailments as presumptively linked to those pits, automatically triggering federal benefits. The GOP’s initial blockage prompted veterans, military family members and advocates including comedian Jon Stewart to protest on the Capitol steps. The bill now heads to President Biden, who has called the measure a top priority.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -pressure/
Probably the thought of all those VETS voting Democrat scarred them more ......hahaha

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 3, 2022, 4:51 pm

Pelosi took the long way to go from KL to Taipei.
Attachments
Pelosi flight.jpg

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 3, 2022, 4:57 pm

Probably a smart move - wouldn't want to do anything to upset China. 8)

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 3, 2022, 5:11 pm

mak wrote:
August 3, 2022, 4:51 pm
Pelosi took the long way to go from KL to Taipei.
BFD.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 3, 2022, 5:29 pm

People of the United States keep talking about a Woman President and a also a Vice President

So here are 2 names just a thought

President Michelle Obama
Vice President Chelsy Clinton

Pass that around and see if a few start to discuss.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » August 3, 2022, 5:42 pm

Doodoo wrote:
August 3, 2022, 5:29 pm
People of the United States keep talking about a Woman President and a also a Vice President

So here are 2 names just a thought

President Michelle Obama
Vice President Chelsy Clinton

Pass that around and see if a few start to discuss.

Ok, I'll bite.

NVM, there are more serious problems in the world.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 4, 2022, 4:36 am

Nancy has left the building.
Attachments
Pelosi flight 2.jpg

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 4, 2022, 6:57 am

What did she have for breakfast mak?

Return to “U.S. Politics”