US Presidential election odds

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by tamada » November 15, 2020, 10:03 am

Imagine 45 had managed to eke out a win but lost the Senate with the House remaining in Democrat hands. Imagine starting your second MAGA term as a lame duck right from the start rather than half-way through which us more typical. If things were getting borderline scary these past four years, imagine just how far "out there" he could have taken the U.S.?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 15, 2020, 11:48 am

Imagine the next few months with fruity Biden at the helm .. OMG .. Kamala POTUS within 12 months ??

great tune again Tamster ..thanks .. worth logging in just for that.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 15, 2020, 10:21 pm

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 15, 2020, 11:20 pm

It doesn't matter who the President is. A president of any organization, whether it be a company, a union, or a country, they only have as much power that is given to them and what they're allowed to get away with. Their power is not absolute. If you surround them with spineless individuals, that's when it becomes a dictatorship. That's what happened these past three plus years, and I don't ever see it happening again here in the United States.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 16, 2020, 4:29 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 15, 2020, 11:48 am
Imagine the next few months with fruity Biden at the helm .. OMG .. Kamala POTUS within 12 months ??

DM

Even in my worst realistic imagination, it wouldn't be as bad as the past 3 years 11 months.

145k new cases of Covid 19 and currently 145k dead in America (over 1k dying everyday). 3 years and 11 months ago, isn't that a nightmare you couldn't even imagine. Add on a President not doing anything (ok, operation warp speed....imo, only reason he actually bought into this was either buy stock in the companies or pay his big pharm buddies with tax payers money) to actually stop it..................It is what it is!!!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 16, 2020, 5:12 am

Mosquito wrote:
November 16, 2020, 4:29 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 15, 2020, 11:48 am

DM

Even in my worst realistic imagination, it wouldn't be as bad as the past 3 years 11 months.

145k new cases of Covid 19 and currently 145k dead in America (over 1k dying everyday). 3 years and 11 months ago, isn't that a nightmare you couldn't even imagine. Add on a President not doing anything (ok, operation warp speed....imo, only reason he actually bought into this was either buy stock in the companies or pay his big pharm buddies with tax payers money) to actually stop it..................It is what it is!!!
You are correct. What's the funny thing about operation warp speed, the one company that has a fast track to possibly having the first usable vaccine is not part of operation warp speed, no matter what Trump and Pence say. They took no funding for the United States, it was actually backed by Germany. The US did pre-purchase 100 million doses for 1.95 billion dollars, but no money was given to them for research.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 16, 2020, 9:33 am

DM, you keep banging on about Harris becoming President. If that does happen, what's the problem, that she is dark skinned, that she is a woman, that she is married to a Jewish guy?

Should also point out that Biden has been admirable since election, calm, going about building his team well, comes across very well in all his public comments, not at all like the senile dribbler that you have painted.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 16, 2020, 12:33 pm

Whistler wrote:
November 16, 2020, 9:33 am
DM, you keep banging on about Harris becoming President. If that does happen, what's the problem, that she is dark skinned, that she is a woman, that she is married to a Jewish guy?

Should also point out that Biden has been admirable since election, calm, going about building his team well, comes across very well in all his public comments, not at all like the senile dribbler that you have painted.
Absolutely non of YOUR comments highlighted in red .. she is simply way to left , woke call it what you wish... voters voted for Biden for president didnt they .. most knowing at some stage in the future Harris will be ushered in to the big chair for what ever reason ...

The thought i actually give a rats arse about who won or who may be prez its laughable in its self .. a BRIT expat residing in Thailand for over 20 years .. BANG ON Whizzy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW I have never commented on Biden with respect to how he has conducted himself since the election .. how long he will dribble or stay as POTUS remains to be seen ..

DM

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 16, 2020, 1:00 pm

DM, you made plenty of comments about Biden before the election portraying him as a senile incompetent, dribbling into his bib etc.

Me pointing out how well he has conducted himself since being widely accepted as the next POTUS, simply points to your mistaken characterisation of Biden over the past few months. It is demonstrably at odds with what we are seeing of the man now.

As for voting for Biden, everyone knows who is next in line for the role in the event of something happening to the prez. His choice of Harris was generally accepted as a good choice, encouraging many, particularly women, to vote their way. They did this with full knowledge that she had the potential to take the top job.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 16, 2020, 1:01 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 16, 2020, 12:33 pm
Whistler wrote:

Absolutely non of YOUR comments highlighted in red .. she is simply way to left , woke call it what you wish... voters voted for Biden for president didnt they .. most knowing at some stage in the future Harris will be ushered in to the big chair for what ever reason ...

The thought i actually give a rats arse about who won or who may be prez its laughable in its self .. a BRIT expat residing in Thailand for over 20 years .. BANG ON Whizzy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ooops forgot the link .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7wLTLP-bJQ

BTW I have never commented on Biden with respect to how he has conducted himself since the election .. how long he will dribble or stay as POTUS remains to be seen ..

DM

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 16, 2020, 1:22 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
Whistler wrote:

DM

So, not giving a rats arse about who is prez.................but worried about Harris being president if Biden kicks the bucket?? Yes, she leans left............but "a Brit expat residing in Thailand for over 20 years" cares enough to post negatives about her becoming president???

American living in Thailand for over 12 years, and I actually give a rats arse about British politics.......unless they stick their nose in American politics.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 16, 2020, 1:31 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 16, 2020, 1:01 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Whistler wrote:

DM

For the record, you were honest about "BTW I have never commented on Biden with respect to how he has conducted himself since the election .. how long he will dribble or stay as POTUS remains to be seen". I actually went thru your posts - post election, no issues with Biden's conduct...................just hits / satire about his age.

So, won't split hairs!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 16, 2020, 2:57 pm

Mosquito wrote:
November 16, 2020, 1:31 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 16, 2020, 1:01 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Whistler wrote:

DM

For the record, you were honest about "BTW I have never commented on Biden with respect to how he has conducted himself since the election .. how long he will dribble or stay as POTUS remains to be seen". I actually went thru your posts - post election, no issues with Biden's conduct...................just hits / satire about his age.

So, won't split hairs!!!
Thanks Mozzy your thorough investigation and post honesty should be applauded ..

DM may be satirical but i can assure you my marbles are still fully functioning and tightly wrapped in my sack.

There are more important things in life then who wins the odd prezzi race here n there , or the superbowel etc .. so its a lovely sunny day try not to be too uptight about it .. relax have a soda n a slab of momas pecan pie.

Have a great day sir ..

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 16, 2020, 3:18 pm

Oh yeah ... Kamala Harris leans to the left , that has to be the understatement of the day !!!

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 16, 2020, 4:23 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 16, 2020, 3:18 pm
Oh yeah ... Kamala Harris leans to the left , that has to be the understatement of the day !!!

better to understate then over state the facts, as you well may know (or not)............overstating often turns into a lie.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 16, 2020, 4:41 pm

Mosquito wrote:
November 16, 2020, 4:23 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

better to understate then over state the facts, as you well may know (or not)............overstating often turns into a lie.
You should of been a politician Mozzie .. a Demopublic or a Repocratic perhaps ??? .. those who dont under or over estimate are fence sitters , watch out for splinters in the doot sir.

DM

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 16, 2020, 4:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 16, 2020, 4:41 pm
Mosquito wrote:
November 16, 2020, 4:23 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

You should of been a politician Mozzie .. a Demopublic or a Repocratic perhaps ??? .. those who dont under or over estimate are fence sitters , watch out for splinters in the doot sir.

DM

Fence sit on issues that are debatable, pretty sure I'm clear on factual items/issues and not up for debate.

If you do some research, Kamala jumps around on political issues (not a good sign)........point being her moderate, leaning left and hard left views are debatable.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 16, 2020, 5:05 pm

Figured a self proclaimed US Political Expert like yourself would of known that???? Though not sure how a Brit living in Thailand for over 20 year, that gives a rats arse on who is the US President would be a US Political Expert??

Have been surprised by stranger things!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 16, 2020, 5:13 pm

Mosquito wrote:
November 16, 2020, 5:05 pm
Figured a self proclaimed US Political Expert like yourself would of known that???? Though not sure how a Brit living in Thailand for over 20 year, that gives a rats arse on who is the US President would be a US Political Expert??

Have been surprised by stranger things!!!!
WORLD POLITICS ... Just a side hobby along with my wake boarding , painting (water colours) ,baking and licking my dogs .. i am also a keen and avid collector of bottle tops .

DM

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 16, 2020, 5:23 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
Whistler wrote:

DM
OMG. the old Woke insult. Do you know what that actually meant before it was adopted as an insult by Right Wing nutters? Just to educate you, it was an African American term for somebody that recognised racism as an issue in the USA. Anti racist, an admirable quality in a person. So yes, Harris is Woke, so am I.

Not a Brit that has lived in Thailand for years, a Scot/Aussie who has lived in the American South for a number of years observing how deeply racism is entrenched in that country.

Return to “U.S. Politics”