tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Antifa Now Terrorists

Post by tamada » August 3, 2020, 7:07 am

papafarang wrote:
August 3, 2020, 3:19 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 2, 2020, 9:47 pm
Do you have any idea why the protests took place in Hong Kong? You won't have to worry about any more protests in Hong Kong now. Your idols have clamped down on the people in Hong Kong for good.
Yes I do , and look at what the violent protests got them. You seem to forget hong Kong is not a country ,it is China. A very very small part of China. Your point is ?
Maybe you should concern yourself with the failings of democracy in the west rather than the failings of some country in another part of the world . Are you not concerned the UK has laws against free speech directed at Muslims ,are you not concerned about the UK won't allow sharia law,are you not concerned that the UK security services spy on UK citizens ?.
I'm not concerned at all ,they're a small minority wanting rights not compatible with the laws of the UK.
Hong Kong is the same ,a small minority wanting different rights to the rest of the Chinese population. They had 50 years in which to prove democracy is possible ,all they proved was democracy is not compatible with the Chinese rule of law .
Except for the small fact that China reneged on the 50 years bit, that's about right. After only 23 years, they have fundamentally torn up the Joint Declaration that they co-signed and co-presented with the UK to the UN back in 1985.

They couldn't wait till 2047 and forced changes to Hong Kong's Basic Law as it didn't quite fit with Xi Jinpings's somewhat different view of what the CCP's place in the world will be. It's hardly coincidence that the first challenges to the Basic Law and Hong Kong's autonomy happened shortly after Xi Jinping assumed the role of President as well as being the CCP's leader.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 3, 2020, 9:03 am

tamada wrote:
August 3, 2020, 7:07 am
papafarang wrote:
August 3, 2020, 3:19 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 2, 2020, 9:47 pm
Do you have any idea why the protests took place in Hong Kong? You won't have to worry about any more protests in Hong Kong now. Your idols have clamped down on the people in Hong Kong for good.
Yes I do , and look at what the violent protests got them. You seem to forget hong Kong is not a country ,it is China. A very very small part of China. Your point is ?
Maybe you should concern yourself with the failings of democracy in the west rather than the failings of some country in another part of the world . Are you not concerned the UK has laws against free speech directed at Muslims ,are you not concerned about the UK won't allow sharia law,are you not concerned that the UK security services spy on UK citizens ?.
I'm not concerned at all ,they're a small minority wanting rights not compatible with the laws of the UK.
Hong Kong is the same ,a small minority wanting different rights to the rest of the Chinese population. They had 50 years in which to prove democracy is possible ,all they proved was democracy is not compatible with the Chinese rule of law .
Except for the small fact that China reneged on the 50 years bit, that's about right. After only 23 years, they have fundamentally torn up the Joint Declaration that they co-signed and co-presented with the UK to the UN back in 1985.

They couldn't wait till 2047 and forced changes to Hong Kong's Basic Law as it didn't quite fit with Xi Jinpings's somewhat different view of what the CCP's place in the world will be. It's hardly coincidence that the first challenges to the Basic Law and Hong Kong's autonomy happened shortly after Xi Jinping assumed the role of President as well as being the CCP's leader.
But there was a clause in the 50 year deal to do with civil unrest. The violent protests played right into China's hands . what did it achieve ? A harsh law being imposed. I suspect the Chinese government might have been behind some of the violence for their own reasons. Simply put if the unrest continued a state of emergency could have been declared and then the PLA would have marched in,game over. Hong Kong will go into decline ,the special status deal being withdrawn by the USA plays into chinas hands too. From reading it seems Chinese government will slow trade through hong Kong as it will no longer have the advantage in trade. Business and exports will simply move to other Chinese ports. Time for some hong kong residents to use the right to move to the UK I think. They we're all living on borrowed time anyway , in 27 years from now the Chinese government will walk in and take over. It was only a transition period anyway
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 3, 2020, 10:33 pm

Please explain how the rule of law works in China. Don't forget to include re-education camps in your analysis.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 3, 2020, 10:50 pm

Come on Papa I can hardly wait for this response on someone thinking you being an expert on how the rule of law works in China. And especially the re education camps. Is that where you spent your summer holidays when you were a Lad?? :D

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 4, 2020, 5:25 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 3, 2020, 10:33 pm
Please explain how the rule of law works in China. Don't forget to include re-education camps in your analysis.
The rule is simple ,under the agreement ,if the hong Kong government declares a state of emergency it can ask for the Chinese government to step in. Re education camps :lol: . have you been to one then or do you just suck up the propaganda fed to you. Your sudden love for Chinese Muslims and jihadists is quite strange coming from a xenophobe . in the west they call it de radicalization programs ,sounds much nicer doesn't it. Yes imprisoned Muslims coerced into programs of de radicalization :lol: ,they don't attend then they don't get parole from prison. Its all the same to me .
Western countries are just as bad as the Chinese ,but at least China has been humane enough not to kill 100,000s in their fight against extremism . we in the west like to bomb Muslims ,Chinese like to shave their beards off.
How about Guantanamo bay camp ,nice place where we chain up people , put them in cages and torture them. Or how about reports of British special forces executing Muslims in Afghanistan.
I have no politics ,I just see hypocrisy . what was it western powers call it , winning hearts and minds .apply that saying to Chinese camps . there solved your issues ,all the chinese are doing is winning hearts and minds :lol: propaganda at its best
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 5, 2020, 2:22 am

You've gone off on a tangent again. I was not asking about Hong Kong, the West, Muslim countries, etc. I was asking you to explain in a few sentences how the rule of law operates in China, and to explain the real purpose of re-education camps (obviously, they are not in existence to win hearts and minds). In addition, what percentage of people brought to trial in China are convicted? If possible, try not to deflect to other subjects.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 5, 2020, 3:40 am

The Chinese shouldn't be under-estimated. They are a talented people. The rule of law is looking a bit wobbly in the west these days. The law seems to work more and more for those with powerful interests. And less and less for the ordinary person.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 5, 2020, 4:57 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 5, 2020, 2:22 am
You've gone off on a tangent again. I was not asking about Hong Kong, the West, Muslim countries, etc. I was asking you to explain in a few sentences how the rule of law operates in China, and to explain the real purpose of re-education camps (obviously, they are not in existence to win hearts and minds). In addition, what percentage of people brought to trial in China are convicted? If possible, try not to deflect to other subjects.
Obviously they're not to win hearts and minds ? That's just your opinion . the facilities are there to deal with Muslim terrorism. Two ways to do that, kill them , which is the wests preference or try persuade them its not a good idea to follow extremism . the laws in China are simply none of our business. Yes they do have a very high conviction rate,and some harsh penalties , but that's simply their system. But then again 95% of criminals in the US never stand trail either. That system works in the same way as the Thai system ,admit the crime or we will double the time in prison.
So what's your point ? What are you actually asking , their country ,their laws its as simple as that. They say 1 million are in those facilities , that is a very small number when we're talking about a country of 1.4 billion people .

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 5, 2020, 7:52 am

We've strayed a long way from the streets of Portland and other US cities. I suspect Trump will be itching to get the Feds back in action plucking people off the streets. Trump likes that kind of TV and thinks it's good for his ratings.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 5, 2020, 8:12 am

GT93 wrote:
August 5, 2020, 3:40 am
The Chinese shouldn't be under-estimated. They are a talented people. The rule of law is looking a bit wobbly in the west these days. The law seems to work more and more for those with powerful interests. And less and less for the ordinary person.
You mean the way laws are being applied in the west are increasingly similar to the way China applies their laws?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 5, 2020, 1:27 pm

tamada wrote:
August 5, 2020, 8:12 am
GT93 wrote:
You mean the way laws are being applied in the west are increasingly similar to the way China applies their laws?
I like the way China applies laws , murderer's ,child sex offender , corruption ,drug dealing ,rape. Bang Bang , a sure way they don't re offend

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 5, 2020, 1:50 pm

papafarang wrote:
August 5, 2020, 1:27 pm
tamada wrote:
August 5, 2020, 8:12 am
GT93 wrote:
I like the way China applies laws , murderer's ,child sex offender , corruption ,drug dealing ,rape. Bang Bang , a sure way they don't re offend
And Xinjiang? Where if you're the 'wrong' race, religion and appearance it's bang bang, off you go to re-education and assimilation camps?

And Tibet before that? The civilized west got all caught up in the personal, international demagoguery of the Dalai Lama on that shambles while, in the background, China quietly turned it all Han.

No sorry. I worked for over 8 years in Qinghai, China (next one over from Xinjiang) and worked with a motley Chinese 'slave' labour crew of criminals, "failed" people's army conscripts, societal rejects and others deemed socially undesirable. The young lady in charge of my power systems maintenance was there as punishment for simply having a second child while her husband was laboring in some other part of China. On another job in Hubei province, we would frequently find aborted fetuses in among the corn and sunflower fields or cast into the river.

The one thing our slaves had in common were they either weren't members of the CCP or refused to be members.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 5, 2020, 2:23 pm

" what percentage of people brought to trial in China are convicted?"
ANSWER
In excess of 99%

" real purpose of re-education camps?"
ANSWER
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re-educat ... ough_labor

"how the rule of law operates in China"
ANSWER
For your reading pleasure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_law

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 6, 2020, 9:07 pm

Thank you, but I know that already. I wanted to see if RBM (Papa Farang) could write about China without wandering off topic. He is the Chairman of Distraction as well as an apologist for the Chinese government.

Tamada understands as he has lived and experienced life there.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 6, 2020, 9:28 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 6, 2020, 9:07 pm
Thank you, but I know that already. I wanted to see if RBM (Papa Farang) could write about China without wandering off topic. He is the Chairman of Distraction as well as an apologist for the Chinese government.

If you knew all that already why did you ask ? Oh being a troll .

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 6, 2020, 10:13 pm

papafarang wrote:
August 6, 2020, 9:28 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

I wanted to see if you could answer without wandering off to discuss Trump, Europe, Britain and a host of other topics. You could not. This is why you are the Chairman of Deflection when it comes to China, in addition to Supporter Number One of the Chinese Government. This is not a criticism of you, just an observation.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 7, 2020, 6:53 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
August 6, 2020, 10:13 pm
papafarang wrote:
August 6, 2020, 9:28 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

I wanted to see if you could answer without wandering off to discuss Trump, Europe, Britain and a host of other topics. You could not. This is why you are the Chairman of Deflection when it comes to China, in addition to Supporter Number One of the Chinese Government. This is not a criticism of you, just an observation.
Oh dear . seems you don't get the point , Tamada just pointed out that China has a different society . he didn't say he was so disgusted that he quit his job after two weeks and spends his time protesting outside the Chinese embassy fighting for rights for criminals in china . no in fact he continued to work for 8 years. So it couldn't have been that bad. your concern to change someone else's culture simply because you don't like it is simply xenophobia .
What I'm saying is don't be pointing out this or that is not to your liking , how criminals are treated worldwide is a concern.
A good example is the Canadian slave labor issue in their prisons ,inmates work for 5 dollars a day , do you have an opinion about the Canadian governments treatment of inmates , or is it just China China China in your myopic view ? Is it right to make someone work for 120baht a day which they then have to spend to supplement their poor diets in prison ?
Of course let's not miss out the UK , where on average they can earn 400baht a WEEK and buy such luxuries as a packet of biscuits and a box of tea bags. Love the old saying , people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
So anyway shall we get back to antifa ?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 7, 2020, 7:21 am

AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2020, 1:20 pm
glalt wrote:
June 1, 2020, 10:02 am
The ANTIFA group of idiots are not smart enough to organize these riots themselves. With them being designated as terrorists, the government can go after those who are funding and organizing them. Perhaps some of the punks will no longer have the money to travel around the country causing trouble.
=D> =D> =D>

Good to see someone see's the real reason behind this move. Just a wee reminder for the Libtards, the Antifa did not just appear after Trump was elected, they have been causing fear, destruction and mayhem for years. They are anti democracy, anti free speach as well.
Calling them a name does not by definition make them terrorists, however it is easier than calling them a, mixed bunch of anti almost anything and Government wants to do, had they been a co-ordinated and well run organisation they would cause absolute mayhem, like ISIS but they are not , just another name to use to justify probable illegal activity by any Government to cause maximum problems for the majority of law-abiding citizens , by imposing whatever they want to control an ethereal group of people they do not like

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 7, 2020, 8:01 am

Khun Paul wrote:
August 7, 2020, 7:21 am
AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2020, 1:20 pm
glalt wrote:
June 1, 2020, 10:02 am
The ANTIFA group of idiots are not smart enough to organize these riots themselves. With them being designated as terrorists, the government can go after those who are funding and organizing them. Perhaps some of the punks will no longer have the money to travel around the country causing trouble.
=D> =D> =D>

Good to see someone see's the real reason behind this move. Just a wee reminder for the Libtards, the Antifa did not just appear after Trump was elected, they have been causing fear, destruction and mayhem for years. They are anti democracy, anti free speach as well.
Calling them a name does not by definition make them terrorists, however it is easier than calling them a, mixed bunch of anti almost anything and Government wants to do, had they been a co-ordinated and well run organisation they would cause absolute mayhem, like ISIS but they are not , just another name to use to justify probable illegal activity by any Government to cause maximum problems for the majority of law-abiding citizens , by imposing whatever they want to control an ethereal group of people they do not like
So you 'like' them and 'support' their methods of getting their view of how the world should be over to us normal people do you KP. Bet some of the guys doing the job you used to do would disagree.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 7, 2020, 9:38 am

But it is sad that being anti fascist could end up a criminal offence. Hitler used to lock up anti fascists . personally I just see them as a bunch of spotty malcontents that don't realise in 10 years from now they'll all be working for a advertising media company. At the moment the best way to deal with them would be take away their skateboards ,cut their hair and make them get a job (Jesus I sounded like a fascist there) :lol:

Return to “U.S. Politics”