Chuchi
udonmap.com

Re: Pick the margin Trump V's Democrats

Post by Chuchi » October 30, 2020, 1:42 pm

Udon Map wrote:
October 29, 2020, 6:27 pm
Whistler wrote:
October 29, 2020, 8:09 am
... a close result is certainly going to be disruptive with legal challenges etc.
Any result which has Biden winning is going to be beset by legal challenges. Trump has already said that if he loses, it can only be as a result of voter fraud.
He may end up having a valid point. We've experience of this in the UK.In 2014 being interviewed by John Humphrys

Richard Mawrey QC stated that postal voting allows fraud to be carried out on an “industrial scale” and that the current system makes election rigging “a possibility” and, in some areas, “a probability”. The senior judge made similar claims in 2005 when he stated that the postal voting system was being used for fraud which would disgrace a “banana republic”.

I have a feeling the result may drag on for months unless the current US system is secure enough, I have my doubts.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 30, 2020, 2:15 pm

He may end up having a valid point. We've experience of this in the UK.In 2014 being interviewed by John Humphrys

Richard Mawrey QC stated that postal voting allows fraud to be carried out on an “industrial scale” and that the current system makes election rigging “a possibility” and, in some areas, “a probability”. The senior judge made similar claims in 2005 when he stated that the postal voting system was being used for fraud which would disgrace a “banana republic”.

I have a feeling the result may drag on for months unless the current US system is secure enough, I have my doubts.
[/quote]

Who knows for sure, but sending ballots out to dogs, cats and parrots seems quite risky. National photo ID cards would eliminate a lot of all sorts of problems but there are too many morons opposed to it. Even Thailand has national ID cards and without one, people can do very little.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 30, 2020, 4:29 pm

glalt wrote:
October 30, 2020, 2:15 pm

National photo ID cards would eliminate a lot of all sorts of problems but there are too many morons opposed to it.
And just as many morons who support them.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 30, 2020, 6:11 pm

Richard Mawrey QC were discussed at length in 2014. Conclusion, there may have been very minor incidents, but there was no evidence of any widespread fraud.

Balance this against the right for people to have a vote, those that may have problems making in-person votes, and democracy should win over suspicions.

I have been a scrutineer for several Municipal, State and National elections and have not seen one single example of postal vote fraud. This involves unlocking of sealed election ballot boxes, the opening of individual sealed envelops (double envelopes) and the distribution of votes.

I did see one massive piece of voting fraud involving the election of delegates for a national party conference, once again I was a scrutineer. However this was done by a terribly flawed online voting process within the party and not one run by the Australian Electoral Commission. Fortunately, the perpetrator of this fraud has been caught out taking illegal donations, has been kicked out of the party, and is now in the process of finding herself some free accommodation in the Monkey House.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 30, 2020, 7:10 pm

glalt wrote:
October 30, 2020, 12:17 pm
Lockdowns seem to work in Asia ,what do you mean neither candidate could have made any difference ? Chinas leadership, Vietnam's leadership even Thailand's leadership made a difference .biden was not the leader , Trump is your leader. 220,000 dead Americans and trump will be able to hand the desaster he created to the next sucker. I see Walmart are putting the guns away . I think they can see the impending train wreck coming .
You seem to have forgotten that this disaster is NOT over. IMHO it won't be over until we have herd immunity. Prolonging the isolation may well be the worst thing we can do. Of course you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.
[/quote]
Who said it was over ? I didn't. Herd immunity :lol: ,never going to happen. You need R -0.9 and herd immunity needs 50-60%. At the moment we have 4-4.5 %. We're not a herd we're human beings smart enough to control it.well some countries leadership are smart enough to control it
Last edited by papafarang on October 30, 2020, 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 30, 2020, 7:21 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 30, 2020, 4:29 pm
glalt wrote:

National photo ID cards would eliminate a lot of all sorts of problems but there are too many morons opposed to it.
Why would any logical person oppose them? Privacy? Credit card companies know more about you already than the government Knows.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 30, 2020, 10:43 pm

Perhaps we could make the photo ID cards out of material .......... attach some elastic to each end and the "morons" could wear them as face masks, which will be far more use than the t*ssers walking round with an ID card but still breathing the virus over everyone :-" :-"

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 31, 2020, 1:22 am

Why would a logical person oppose them? Why don't you ask yourself why a logical person would want them? For an individual who has his head up Trump's ass and dislikes the federal government so much, you sure seem to want to give them more power. We already have a national ID card here United States, it's called a social security card. Why would I need another national ID card with my picture on it? The state you live in already has that, whether it be a driver's license or a residence card. Your reasoning for one is idiotic and it's redundant to carry around more IDs.

And by the way, moron, you do not need to carry an ID with you when you are out and about here in the United States.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » October 31, 2020, 4:51 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 31, 2020, 1:22 am
Why would a logical person oppose them? Why don't you ask yourself why a logical person would want them? For an individual who has his head up Trump's ass and dislikes the federal government so much, you sure seem to want to give them more power. We already have a national ID card here United States, it's called a social security card. Why would I need another national ID card with my picture on it? The state you live in already has that, whether it be a driver's license or a residence card. Your reasoning for one is idiotic and it's redundant to carry around more IDs.

And by the way, moron, you do not need to carry an ID with you when you are out and about here in the United States.
Just an FYI, the Social Security card is not an ID card. If you gave me yours do you think a bank would honor it to cash a check from your account, think not.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 31, 2020, 5:21 am

Stantheman wrote:
October 31, 2020, 4:51 am
Kenr6583 wrote:

Just an FYI, the Social Security card is not an ID card. If you gave me yours do you think a bank would honor it to cash a check from your account, think not.
No, but you need it for a job, or at least I did when I joined the military and the Postal Service, and you need it to collect Social Security.

For whatever reason, l checked on all the documents required whenever I decide to apply for Social Security benefits, a copy of birth certificate and copy of Social Security card were required.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » October 31, 2020, 5:23 am

Stantheman wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?q=IS+YOUR ... e&ie=UTF-8

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 31, 2020, 5:25 am

Mosquito wrote:
October 31, 2020, 5:23 am
Stantheman wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?q=IS+YOUR ... e&ie=UTF-8
Thank you sir.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 31, 2020, 6:23 am

glalt wrote:
October 30, 2020, 8:43 am
What's the difference who wins? The entire debacle is no fun. I for one just want it to be over and done with. Never in my long lifetime have I seen the country so divided and in such a mess. Every day we read about these "peaceful" demonstrations where businesses are destroyed and looted. The politicians have let us down, plain and simple. PERIOD.
It will not be over after the election, the U.S. has a serious problem and it is not going away unfortunately. I still say Trump will win and I believe the media is lying about who is in the lead.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 31, 2020, 7:46 am

The mainstream media quotes the mainstream polls. The mainstream polls are becoming as irrelevant as the biased left and right polls always were.

The early postal vote favors Biden, the last minute, gut-feel vote favors Trump.

May the best man win.

Oh, wait...

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 31, 2020, 7:53 am

tamada wrote:
October 31, 2020, 7:46 am
The mainstream media quotes the mainstream polls. The mainstream polls are becoming as irrelevant as the biased left and right polls always were.

The early postal vote favors Biden, the last minute, gut-feel vote favors Trump.

May the best man win.

Oh, wait...
100% correct .. Tam in fact a recent poll showed that polls are as you say for the most part inaccurater.

Im not stalking you my weee Jock mate just you have been correct twice already today and its only 8am .. :shock: !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 31, 2020, 9:28 am

Kenr6583 wrote:

If you cannot see the benefit of a national ID card, you are even more stupid than I thought.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 31, 2020, 9:35 am

You seem to have forgotten that this disaster is NOT over. IMHO it won't be over until we have herd immunity. Prolonging the isolation may well be the worst thing we can do. Of course you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.
[/quote]
Who said it was over ? I didn't. Herd immunity :lol: ,never going to happen. You need R -0.9 and herd immunity needs 50-60%. At the moment we have 4-4.5 %. We're not a herd we're human beings smart enough to control it.well some countries leadership are smart enough to control it
[/quote]

If one of the many vaccines test safe and effective, herd immunity will happen much sooner. I too don't like the term "herd" but that's the name the experts gave it.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 31, 2020, 10:58 am

Stantheman wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:

In many cases, it is used as an ID card.

I was not able to have a telephone connected from Bell South-West without providing a social security card, same for other services. The peculiar laws state you do not have to provide it, but the service provider retains the right to refuse to supply if you do not provide, so in effect it has become an ID card, for phone, insurance and banking.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 31, 2020, 11:02 am

glalt wrote:
October 30, 2020, 7:21 pm
jackspratt wrote:
October 30, 2020, 4:29 pm
glalt wrote:

Why would any logical person oppose them? Privacy? Credit card companies know more about you already than the government Knows.
A logical person would understand that they have a choice whether or not to own, and/or use, a credit card.

That's not so stupid, is it?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 31, 2020, 11:18 am

[/quote]

A logical person would understand that they have a choice whether or not to own, and/or use, a credit card.

That's not so stupid, is it?
[/quote]

It's your option whether to have a credit card or not. As for myself, my life is much easier having a credit card. I hate shopping and use a credit card to buy most things online.

Return to “U.S. Politics”