Will Trump concede?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump concede?

Post by AlexO » November 21, 2020, 7:18 am

As Marina Hyde commented, "When America sh*ts the bed, the whole world has to lie in it."

Jeez Tam, another unbiased quote from a columnist in the Guardian, that bastion of absolute truth and responsible reporting?? Notice the are not called reporters anymore but columnists, maybe because they do not report anymore just write crap following their agenda's. Incidentally I dont believe everything written in the Daily Express either.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2020, 7:30 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 21, 2020, 7:12 am
Apart from the legal nightmare awaiting the current out-going president, I am at a loss in tryin g to understand the thoughts and the actions of so many presumably intelligent Americans who for some reason fail to understand the president lost or the fact that so-=called intelligent lawyers pout off these tissue of lies .

Not really a person who studies the pysche of others can anyone please explain WHY, millions of Americans despite the data showing it was a fair relatively fraud free election still believe that orange Wombat currently ensconced in the White House .
My thoughts is that they are either all educationally challenged or just plain stupid.
Rather than wrongly chastise a nation and cast unfounded and crass personal opinion on their intelligence, study the "cult of personality" throughout history. This one has been enormously influenced by one key factor, the fake news mantra. The culture of fomenting alternative facts that was spawned by Conway has come home to roost. Not surprising when most everyone has the latest multi-core CPU, infinity imoLED, 6200 Ah, 5G and Wi-Fi connected smart sewer pipe glued to their hands. No filters, no fact check, no need for a citation, no willingness to do their own research or keep their own counsel. An opinion quickly becomes fact without the checks and balances and a lie, if repeated often enough without meaningful contradiction, assumes a semblance of truth for some.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 21, 2020, 7:50 am

Not sure about orange womats but there are hairy nose ones
Go molesting wombats you take an axe

Attacks on humans
Humans can receive puncture wounds from wombat claws, as well as bites. Startled wombats can also charge humans and bowl them over,[31] with the attendant risks of broken bones from the fall. One naturalist, Harry Frauca, once received a bite 2 cm (0.8 in) deep into the flesh of his leg—through a rubber boot, trousers and thick woollen socks.[32] A UK newspaper, The Independent, reported that on 6 April 2010, a 59-year-old man from rural Victoria state was mauled by a wombat (thought to have been angered by mange),[33] causing a number of cuts and bite marks requiring hospital treatment. He resorted to killing it with an axe.[34]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wombat
download (13).jpg
download (13).jpg (13.65 KiB) Viewed 1325 times

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 21, 2020, 7:56 am

tamada wrote:
November 21, 2020, 7:30 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Apart from the legal nightmare awaiting the current out-going president, I am at a loss in tryin g to understand the thoughts and the actions of so many presumably intelligent Americans who for some reason fail to understand the president lost or the fact that so-=called intelligent lawyers pout off these tissue of lies .

Not really a person who studies the pysche of others can anyone please explain WHY, millions of Americans despite the data showing it was a fair relatively fraud free election still believe that orange Wombat currently ensconced in the White House .
My thoughts is that they are either all educationally challenged or just plain stupid.
Rather than wrongly chastise a nation and cast unfounded and crass personal opinion on their intelligence, study the "cult of personality" throughout history. This one has been enormously influenced by one key factor, the fake news mantra. The culture of fomenting alternative facts that was spawned by Conway has come home to roost. Not surprising when most everyone has the latest multi-core CPU, infinity imoLED, 6200 Ah, 5G and Wi-Fi connected smart sewer pipe glued to their hands. No filters, no fact check, no need for a citation, no willingness to do their own research or keep their own counsel. An opinion quickly becomes fact without the checks and balances and a lie, if repeated often enough without meaningful contradiction, assumes a semblance of truth for some.
No, as I have said before, most Americans, are incapable of critical thought. They are famous for going down all the bad roads, before settling on the one, most everybody knows is the right path. They pound themselves over the head with a hammer, several times, before deciding, maybe this is not a good idea. So stupid, well lets just say they are not the sharpest tools in the shed. And then there is the arrogance...

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 21, 2020, 8:00 am

tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Not really a person who studies the psyche of others can anyone please explain WHY, millions of Americans despite the data showing it was a fair relatively fraud free election still believe that orange Wombat currently ensconced in the White House .
I am NOT as you put it chastising a Nation, rather asking a question, some of which you have answered, which tells me although TECHNOLOGY is good it seems to have removed the THINKING part of a Human Brain, which means that intelligence has diminished .
I did state I did not study the psyche people,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2020, 8:21 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 21, 2020, 8:00 am
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Not really a person who studies the psyche of others can anyone please explain WHY, millions of Americans despite the data showing it was a fair relatively fraud free election still believe that orange Wombat currently ensconced in the White House .
I am NOT as you put it chastising a Nation, rather asking a question, some of which you have answered, which tells me although TECHNOLOGY is good it seems to have removed the THINKING part of a Human Brain, which means that intelligence has diminished .
I did state I did not study the psyche people,
Yes, the never-president Al Gore, the inventor of the internet, certainly has a lot to answer for. But I digress...

It's too easy for the lazy and indolent to watch just one YouTube and believe what he's just been told. The slightly more inquisitive may click on an associated link which, due to the nature of opinion-herding that has resulted from Google and FaceBook's disingenuous claims to only be steering advertisers to your smartphone, gives them more distortion or one-sided opinion with a large dollop of "fake news" on top with added "conspiracy theory" sprinkles.

Critical thinking and open reasoning is "oot thae windae" as oor gran would say. Not all people are innately daft or unreasonable but the dafties that do walk among us (you know who you are) seem to be benefiting the most from this technology-driven, dumbing-down of the intra-cranial muscle.

Now, is it beer time yet?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2020, 8:24 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
November 21, 2020, 7:56 am
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

No, as I have said before, most Americans, are incapable of critical thought. They are famous for going down all the bad roads, before settling on the one, most everybody knows is the right path. They pound themselves over the head with a hammer, several times, before deciding, maybe this is not a good idea. So stupid, well lets just say they are not the sharpest tools in the shed. And then there is the arrogance...
Most Americans you have met maybe?

Maybe they were actually Ukrainians with all that talk of bad roads and hammering?

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » November 21, 2020, 8:39 am

tamada wrote:
November 21, 2020, 8:24 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Maybe they were actually Ukrainians with all that talk of bad roads and hammering?
Those were just metaphors....are you American?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 21, 2020, 8:42 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Those are some pretty harsh comments.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 21, 2020, 8:43 am

This correct path sounds like the yellow brick road
1200px-Cowardly_lion2.jpg

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 21, 2020, 9:17 am

newtovillagelife wrote: "most Americans, are incapable of critical thought."

Take offense to this statement, but at least you didn't state "majority" of Americans.

As stated by tamada, Rather than wrongly chastise a nation and cast unfounded and crass personal opinion on their intelligence, study the "cult of personality" throughout history. This one has been enormously influenced by one key factor, the fake news mantra. The culture of fomenting alternative facts that was spawned by Conway has come home to roost. Not surprising when most everyone has the latest multi-core CPU, infinity imoLED, 6200 Ah, 5G and Wi-Fi connected smart sewer pipe glued to their hands. No filters, no fact check, no need for a citation, no willingness to do their own research or keep their own counsel. An opinion quickly becomes fact without the checks and balances and a lie, if repeated often enough without meaningful contradiction, assumes a semblance of truth for some.

You're just seeing the worst of America via the news networks, and the current Administration/Govt. That said, "even I question the road America is headed down." Using critical thought, I'll have a better feel for America's future after the 2024 elections (seeing if Trumpism, Grahamism, Mcconnellism and Pelosism stupidity still resides deeply embedded in Govt and Americans).

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2020, 9:59 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
November 21, 2020, 8:39 am
tamada wrote:
November 21, 2020, 8:24 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Those were just metaphors....are you American?
Is my nationality relevant here?

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » November 21, 2020, 11:36 am

And now grouphug and a moment of reflection.

America: utter chaos and a deep divided nation not being able to manage a health crisis.

Thailand: stability (despite the protests in Bkk), a united nation, and managing and controlling a global health crisis very well.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 21, 2020, 11:55 am

tamada wrote:
November 21, 2020, 9:59 am
Is my nationality relevant here?
Nationally is almost never relevant in any of these arguments, it’s just a way for someone, who may have no genuine reply, to suggest that only those of a particular nationality can have a valid opinion so must be deemed to be wrong.

Because you are American (or any other Nationality) does not make you stupid nor does it make you correct or cleaver. You may be stupid, you may be smart, you nationality is irrelevant, but your upbringing can be very important as critical thinking is learned.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 21, 2020, 12:17 pm

No NATIONALITY is never important in these discussions, however your beliefs and understanding is, the ability to look at the problem and search or even trawl through the various news feeds , with regard to this phenomenon both the USA News Feeds and the wider world which is watching with bated breath and wondering how a Nation which prides itself and took on the mantle of the Worlds Policeman ( self-imposed) has managed to bring itself to this state of democratic meltdown because of it would seem , one mans inability to actually think and admit that maybe people do not want him any more .

It would further seem his personal EGO is over-riding any sensible actions and thereby putting many many more Americans at risk, these actions and the obvious fallout from his INACTION is plain to see like the end of your nose but it shows him not to care ONE JOT for even HIS BASE as he calls it .

And yet people still like him, it is that , that is the worrying thing, and that tells a far bigger story than his intransigent attitude. Tells us that many seem unable as earlier stated to even think , logically, so it is natural for many to also wonder about the Armed Forces of the USA are they of the same mental inabilty to think and should the rest of the world worry about them . being in charge of all those missiles and ships and guns etc.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 21, 2020, 12:48 pm

Military of all nations are indoctrinated with a requirement to not think for themselves and to follow orders. The higher ranks may have an ability to think and may use it.

The American education system and media does not, in general, teach critical thinking.
The American media is rather polarised so the watchers of fox are not exposed to the whole truth, unless they bother to watch the actual news section and even then get a limited amount of anything critical of tRump, so it’s not surprising they believe what they see.

Unfortunately the current Narcissistic psychopath at the top has made clear to the world how much of the “American superiority” is bluff braggadocio and hubris
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2020, 1:39 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 21, 2020, 12:17 pm
No NATIONALITY is never important in these discussions, however your beliefs and understanding is, the ability to look at the problem and search or even trawl through the various news feeds , with regard to this phenomenon both the USA News Feeds and the wider world which is watching with bated breath and wondering how a Nation which prides itself and took on the mantle of the Worlds Policeman ( self-imposed) has managed to bring itself to this state of democratic meltdown because of it would seem , one mans inability to actually think and admit that maybe people do not want him any more .

It would further seem his personal EGO is over-riding any sensible actions and thereby putting many many more Americans at risk, these actions and the obvious fallout from his INACTION is plain to see like the end of your nose but it shows him not to care ONE JOT for even HIS BASE as he calls it .

And yet people still like him, it is that , that is the worrying thing, and that tells a far bigger story than his intransigent attitude. Tells us that many seem unable as earlier stated to even think , logically, so it is natural for many to also wonder about the Armed Forces of the USA are they of the same mental inabilty to think and should the rest of the world worry about them . being in charge of all those missiles and ships and guns etc.
For newt's edification, I am not American and agree that it is irrelevant. I have worked with Americans and lived and worked in America. I have also lived and worked in Canada, Brazil, Cuba, Myanmar, China, Iraq, Saudi, Australia and Vietnam among others. Sure I have encountered some American's that were dumb as a box of rocks, but I have also known a serious Canadian oxygen waster, a couple of French arsoles, a dumb Kiwi, an Italian thief and more than a few Aussies that badly needed a slap. There's a whole lot of Chinese that shouldn't have been hatched as well. It takes all sorts to make a world and it's being able to keep an open mind and not blindly pigeonhole others based either on personal experience, politics, popular tropes, lack of education, ineloquence or bigotry. You got that mex?

As for wondering about the US armed forces possible "mental inabilty to think" being something to be concerned about, AFAIK, although the POTUS (any POTUS) is the Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces, I understand that their loyalty is given to the US Constitution and the defense thereof. Unfortunately, Trumpism has allowed the likes of the Boogaloo and Proud Boys to think it's their job as well.

America will get over Trump if the Republican party allows them to. Right now, Donny John has McConnell by the short and curlies because back in 2016, they went all-in on citizen Trump while casting derision on the Democrats with their, "is that the best you can do?" roll of the eyes at Clinton and Sanders. BTW, my eyes rolled too.

Roll on the stumps for the 2020 sh*tshow and they still all pointed and laughed at the pot-pourri of Democratic presidential hat-in-the-ring tossers (sic). Unfortunately, through having allowed Trump to suck the air out of the room for the previous four years, they belatedly and nervously acquiesce to the fact that having all their eggs in Trump Tower was NOT such a great idea after all.

Hoist with their own petard seems apropos.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » November 22, 2020, 10:22 am

Trump toooooo busy golfing to concede!!!!

Missed the G20 session on Covid-19, guess 250k deaths in America and counting doesn't compare to a sunny round of golf.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 22, 2020, 2:25 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 21, 2020, 12:48 pm
Military of all nations are indoctrinated with a requirement to not think for themselves and to follow orders. The higher ranks may have an ability to think and may use it.

The American education system and media does not, in general, teach critical thinking.
The American media is rather polarised so the watchers of fox are not exposed to the whole truth, unless they bother to watch the actual news section and even then get a limited amount of anything critical of tRump, so it’s not surprising they believe what they see.

Unfortunately the current Narcissistic psychopath at the top has made clear to the world how much of the “American superiority” is bluff braggadocio and hubris
That is not entirly the case, the PBS network is very good and is on a par with the BBC and ABC. I know many on here considers both to be too liberal, but I founs it to be pretty good when I lived in the USA.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 22, 2020, 6:37 pm

50 ways to leave the white house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QybcBH6rSw

Return to “U.S. Politics”