A big change in direction

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: A big change in direction

Post by Khun Paul » April 14, 2021, 10:40 am

I liove that statement a Progressive Western Democracy , currently they are happily killing each other and the Government is sitting there with their hands tied bemoaning the deaths and doing NOTHING.
They are happily ripping up progressive laws to ensure a certain ideology controls and continues to do so, by ensuring that ONLY DEMOCRACY as they see it functioning
They are fawning over a man who by any stretch of the imagination is a Moron of the first water , a liar, a fraudster and to top it all, a person who by words and actions enticed and cajoled people to Riot .
Which part of a Progressive Democracy is that ..do tell ??????????

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 14, 2021, 11:03 am

tamada wrote:
April 14, 2021, 10:27 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
April 14, 2021, 9:57 am
Whistler wrote:
April 14, 2021, 9:51 am

Makes Myanmar look like a progressive democracy.
You should think before making silly statements. How many people have died there in the last few months owing to the Tatmadaw?
Or you could ask why does a progressive western democracy have around 213 of its own citizens dying a violent death by police firearms which is almost a third as much as the wanton death toll in the military oppressed Myanmar?
Tam,

Deaths by police is pretty small beer. In a country with millions of marginalised citizens, some communities spawn high crime areas. violent ghettos, it is always going to see cops going into these areas under pressure. Of course their are going to plenty of cops engaged in gunfire. Who would want to be a cop in the USA? I have the utmost sympathy for cops who need to patrol troubled neighbourhoods, they must live on a knife edge.

The deaths from police action pales into insignificance in these communities from drugs (70,000 a year), inadequate medical services, malnutrition (3000 senior citizens a year, 8% are malnourished) etc. Not all of these deaths are in ghettos but they do occur in poorer communities. Childbirth death rates are the highest in the Western World.

This makes the redirecting of policing funds to community support and improvements a powerful argument. Progressive politics includes an acknowledgment of these root causes, and an attempt to address the issues, not with bullets but with social improvements.

If that labels me a snowflake, then guilty as charged.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 14, 2021, 11:03 am

Giggle wrote:
April 11, 2021, 8:03 pm

Who said he doesn't own a bus?
Well - you do giggler. Because I'm sure if he did, you would have included it in your list. ;)
You really are getting wrapped around the axle, spratt. You're missing the forest for the trees. He's an ivory-tower latte liberal lecturing on others to do what he would never be willing to do. A dyed-in-the-wool hypocrite like nearly all woke leftist morons. Like John Kerry, O'bobo and yeah ... all of them.
You seem to have missed this bit - didn't suit your narrative I guess.
Oh! .... and guess what. It seems that Michael Bloomberg didn't say that.
Last edited by jackspratt on April 14, 2021, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 14, 2021, 11:28 am

Some groups of people find it exceedingly difficult to live by the laws and regulations of a civil society. It should come as no surprise that those groups have more confrontations with authority, and necessarily, more injury and death due to their inability to behave civilized.
I fought the law and the law won.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 14, 2021, 12:08 pm

This makes the redirecting of policing funds to community support and improvements a powerful argument. Progressive politics includes an acknowledgment of these root causes, and an attempt to address the issues, not with bullets but with social improvements.

Sorry you are a snowflake. Defund the cops to carryout 'what' "social improvements"
There are certain parts of American society that have gone beyond the savable underclass, very much the same in the UK. No matter how much free money, free accommodation, how many clean needle facilities, how many social services you dedicate to these people they will never change. Long time ago I was working in what would be called a ghetto in my home city, trying to improve peoples living standards etc. After 6 months I came to the conclusion either sterilise them or take any babies away before they are contaminated by these underclass.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 14, 2021, 1:49 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
April 14, 2021, 8:48 am
https://thecontinentaldaily.com/archbis ... lic-biden/
Archbishop Calls Out ‘Devout Catholic’ Biden and has been refused the sacrament of Holy Communion
President Joe Biden often touts his Catholic faith as part of what drives him, but according to one high-profile archbishop, the Democrat is damaging the faith by publicly aligning himself with the church, and he should stop due to his radical views on abortion.
You can not be a Democrat and also be a Christian with out being a hypocrite.
So I guess you cannot be a Republican and be a human being at the same time. It's ignorant perception such as yours that makes you a self-righteous hypocrite and what's wrong with the world today.

And look at you, moving to a country that's 98.83% non-Christian, fratenizing with non-believers and sinners, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 14, 2021, 6:41 pm

Ken thinks all conservatives are religious. I got some news for ya, Dopey.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 14, 2021, 6:44 pm

TROLL ALERT!!
I don't believe I ever said all conservatives are religious.
But trolls do tend to make things up.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 14, 2021, 7:00 pm

Ken,

All trolls are trolls particularly the ones that pic their nose
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 14, 2021, 7:06 pm

AlexO wrote:
April 14, 2021, 12:08 pm

Sorry you are a snowflake. Defund the cops to carryout 'what' "social improvements"
There are certain parts of American society that have gone beyond the savable underclass, very much the same in the UK. No matter how much free money, free accommodation, how many clean needle facilities, how many social services you dedicate to these people they will never change. Long time ago I was working in what would be called a ghetto in my home city, trying to improve peoples living standards etc. After 6 months I came to the conclusion either sterilise them or take any babies away before they are contaminated by these underclass.
sterilisation? Right out of the Nazi Germany handbook. I cant believe you actually said this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_eugenics

Who died and made you K1ng?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 14, 2021, 7:22 pm

Fifty-seven years of Affirmative Action and they're far worse off now than they were in the 1960s.

Generational dependence is coming to grips with the fact that every head start, step up, and aid program has been unconditionally squandered and now they no longer want opportunity -- they want the same outcome as those who work hard, save, stay out of trouble, raise their kids, graduate, etc ...

AlexO is correct.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 14, 2021, 7:45 pm

I can think of somebody's parents who should have been sterilized before giving birth. That being said, affirmative action has been around since 1961, 60 years. I do like the word "they" though.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 15, 2021, 9:46 am

It is offical now. CCNN is propaganda and lies and spreads fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv8Zy-JwXr4

https://youtu.be/RroOsUJkIOc

Veritas Part 1 . Get Trump out of office. Next is fear with climate change. Propaganda about Trump. Propaganda about Matt Gaetz. Propaganda about helping Biden. Creating stories they did not know anything about. Spread fear over virus. Spread fear over climate change next. Zucker decides it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9faQkIA6YNU
Veritas Part 2 . If it bleeds it leads. Fear.

https://rumble.com/vfnbsd-james-okeefe- ... was-t.html
Veritas confronts CNN technical director

All of this was always thought by many. Now everyone knows. CNN is officially a source of propaganda. Admitted.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 15, 2021, 9:59 am

Giggle wrote:
April 14, 2021, 7:22 pm
Fifty-seven years of Affirmative Action and they're far worse off now than they were in the 1960s.

Generational dependence is coming to grips with the fact that every head start, step up, and aid program has been unconditionally squandered and now they no longer want opportunity -- they want the same outcome as those who work hard, save, stay out of trouble, raise their kids, graduate, etc ...

AlexO is correct.
This is true.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 15, 2021, 10:00 am

https://rumble.com/vfcdiz-do-not-use-ju ... son-o.html
‘Do Not Use Justice for Blacks As Excuse to Destroy This Nation’—Bob Woodson on ‘Systemic Racism’ . Black man who marched with individual sees the current

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/a ... the-truth/
ABC News tells the truth for a change

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... ation-2-6/
All from Biden Labor Department. Trouble Ahead, Inflation Jumps More than Expected – Gasoline Prices Increase 9.1% in One Month, Year Over Year Inflation 2.6% . All hurts working class. All on Joe.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/04/14/fo ... mp-agreed/
If Trump liked it all of a sudden then got to stop liking it

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... ges-video/
All on Joe.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... ependents/
Majority view Joe as illegitimate

https://thenationalpulse.com/breaking/b ... er-states/
“Border Czar” Kamala Harris Won’t Reply To Invitations From Border States

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 15, 2021, 10:08 am

Never in my long lifetime have I ever see the US in such serious trouble. It is on a downhill slide and picking up speed. I have no answers and it is obvious that the politicians also have no answers. Education is a joke and traditional subjects are ignored. University graduates are semi literate. Permissive parenthood practices neglect teaching any kind of responsibility. There is no respect for authority. Fortunately I am too old to see where this is going to end up.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 15, 2021, 10:35 am

glalt wrote:
April 15, 2021, 10:08 am
Never in my long lifetime have I ever see the US in such serious trouble. It is on a downhill slide and picking up speed. I have no answers and it is obvious that the politicians also have no answers. Education is a joke and traditional subjects are ignored. University graduates are semi literate. Permissive parenthood practices neglect teaching any kind of responsibility. There is no respect for authority. Fortunately I am too old to see where this is going to end up.
Bad things can happen if one believes the hubris of American Exceptionalism for too long.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 15, 2021, 11:35 am

tamada wrote:
April 15, 2021, 10:35 am
glalt wrote:
April 15, 2021, 10:08 am
Bad things can happen if one believes the hubris of American Exceptionalism for too long.
While it is a while since I lived there, this was apparent even then. The utter ignorance about the rest of the world was disturbing. I was complimented about being from Australia but being able to talk good English many times. For too many the world did not exist once you exited the US border. No curiosity and very often blinded by their religious convictions being somehow an integral part of the interwoven political, social and patriotic beliefs.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 15, 2021, 12:09 pm

^ I recall a similar "unworldliness" in the sheep-shearers of central Queensland and the builders laborers in Dundee. Pretty sure if I was fluent in the language, I would have found my team of Chinese technicians (in China) to be similarly uninspired beyond their next bowl of noodles. God, that's a nation that can sleep!

My first US employer imported me to head up their international field service team. Those American guys had been "out and about" a bit, weren't so narrow-minded and were fun to work and hang out with. The other, larger team handled the US domestic field service and they were a bit blinkered and down-home parochial. I selected a bright kid from the latter team, a country boy from AZ, to join the 'jet-setters' and it was great fun watching his career development, his personal confidence grow and his home-grown inhibitions and prejudices evaporate. We reckon he had graduated cum laude when he hosted a team of Pakistani engineers under his tutelage at a post-training course dinner party at "The Colorado Bar & Grill", arguably the best strip club in Houston at the time.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 16, 2021, 7:09 am

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/04 ... ts-in-s-d/
Another governor not accepting Biden's illegal aliens

Return to “U.S. Politics”