Silly Uncle Joe.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Silly Uncle Joe.

Post by tamada » November 3, 2021, 12:58 am

Looking at GT's experience passing through HKG in early January, they already knew this was serious. In early February, i was offshore Senegal and the first isolation and quarantine procedures were being put in place for international crew changes. We all knew it was kicking off but as you say, hand sitting and denial ruled. The WHO is the entity that gets my vote for not taking action. They didn't declare a pandemic until almost three weeks after the global cluster count had exceeded their own criteria for calling it such.

The world can't afford to play the zero Covid game like New Zealand tried for so long. I think the Isle of Man did a similar thing as VI going so far as to exercise the 'Mongolian Option' and banned their own residents from returning. A bit of a bugger when most of them worked in England and were simply commuters.

So should VI shut itself off again?

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 3, 2021, 2:05 am

tamada wrote:
November 3, 2021, 12:58 am
Looking at GT's experience passing through HKG in early January, they already knew this was serious. In early February, i was offshore Senegal and the first isolation and quarantine procedures were being put in place for international crew changes. We all knew it was kicking off but as you say, hand sitting and denial ruled. The WHO is the entity that gets my vote for not taking action. They didn't declare a pandemic until almost three weeks after the global cluster count had exceeded their own criteria for calling it such.

The world can't afford to play the zero Covid game like New Zealand tried for so long. I think the Isle of Man did a similar thing as VI going so far as to exercise the 'Mongolian Option' and banned their own residents from returning. A bit of a bugger when most of them worked in England and were simply commuters.

So should VI shut itself off again?
I don't have the answers, I do know a non essential travel ban helps to slow the spread of covid but harms the economy which is why our restrictions were lifted. Better economy, more deaths. I think we will see with the world opening up now how this will play out. Personally I have been wanting to visit Thailand for awhile now but even though I am vaccinated I will not get on an airplane or frequent crowded places. Where I live about 30% of covid cases are vaccinated people, it is true less will become severely ill or die but many still do.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 3, 2021, 5:26 am

It's all good. No matter how screwed up this current government may be, I'll take it over the previous administrations fascist authoritarian government any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 3, 2021, 3:12 pm

Silly Uncle Joe has cost them the VA governor's race with the older white conservative guy winning.

Meanwhile, NYC has elected a younger black guy as mayor and Boston has elected a younger Asian woman as theirs.

Winning!
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » November 4, 2021, 4:13 am

It’s going to be a tough morning when Uncle Joe gets the results from Virginia and New Jersey this morning, one consolation will be that he forgets by the afternoon

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 4, 2021, 5:21 am

Now, now. That's only while the US's most important male naps. At least he doesn't spend half the day down the Fox News rabbit hole. I was very pleased he was in Glasgow facing up to real problems.

As for democracy in the US, I think it's in deep deep shxt.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 4, 2021, 7:02 am

The state of US Politics which was at one time pretty normal has descended into anarchy and complete stupidity plus oodles of false rhetoric started by the orange Blob and continuing without checks that were put in place over Number 45.
Tis' sad to see what was a GREAT Nation descend into infamy due entirely to a few loud-mouthed people who want to make it in their image , forgetting the General Public and their needs and wants.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 4, 2021, 8:52 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 4, 2021, 7:02 am
The state of US Politics which was at one time pretty normal has descended into anarchy and complete stupidity plus oodles of false rhetoric started by the orange Blob and continuing without checks that were put in place over Number 45.
Tis' sad to see what was a GREAT Nation descend into infamy due entirely to a few loud-mouthed people who want to make it in their image , forgetting the General Public and their needs and wants.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 4, 2021, 8:53 am

Sounds a bit like the U.K., France, China, Canada, and many other countries around the world.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 4, 2021, 10:26 am

Virginia s a good sign that voters are regaining their sense. Trump's policies are looking better every month. We can only hope that the country is not totally destroyed by the libtards.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 4, 2021, 2:23 pm

Winsome Sears is the new Republican Lt. Governor of Virginia - "The American Dream" (she said it)

Damn. All of those racist white supremacists cheering for this Black immigrant from Jamaica. And DAMN! They actually voted for her! Those damn racists.

Wow! And she praised Jesus. How can so much triggering be in one speech of less than 9 minutes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leftists are melting down from sea to shining sea.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 5, 2021, 12:39 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
November 4, 2021, 2:23 pm

Winsome Sears is the new Republican Lt. Governor of Virginia - "The American Dream" (she said it)

Damn. All of those racist white supremacists cheering for this Black immigrant from Jamaica. And DAMN! They actually voted for her! Those damn racists.

Wow! And she praised Jesus. How can so much triggering be in one speech of less than 9 minutes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leftists are melting down from sea to shining sea.
Yes the USA is rife with racism. Full of black athletes that are poor because they don't get equal opportunities and pay as whites, black actors and musicians that are starving while whites are rich. What a horrible country, black politicians do not have a chance. It would be impossible for a black person to ever be president in such a racist country.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 5, 2021, 5:02 am

"It would be impossible for a black person to ever be president in such a racist country."

Jai Jai
You been in the back woods of Canuck Land Best read up on Black Presidents of the USA
OR
are you just joshing us for a laugh?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 5, 2021, 5:11 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 5, 2021, 5:02 am
"It would be impossible for a black person to ever be president in such a racist country."

Jai Jai
You been in the back woods of Canuck Land Best read up on Black Presidents of the USA
OR
No he's just not good at sarcasm :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 5, 2021, 5:29 am

GT93 wrote:
November 4, 2021, 5:21 am
Now, now. That's only while the US's most important male naps. At least he doesn't spend half the day down the Fox News rabbit hole. I was very pleased he was in Glasgow facing up to real problems.

As for democracy in the US, I think it's in deep deep shxt.
Correction. He was in Edinburgh and commuting on the M8 for 45 minutes twice a day to face up to real problems in Glasgow.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » November 7, 2021, 1:43 am

Joe Biden is an embarrassment to Americans everywhere.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 7, 2021, 2:52 am

Doodoo wrote:

Jai Jai
OR
LOL.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 7, 2021, 2:56 am

papafarang wrote:
November 5, 2021, 5:11 am
Doodoo wrote:

Jai Jai
OR
No he's just not good at sarcasm :lol:
Yes I was joking but the reality is that there are so many very successful black people in the U.S. in all walks of life including having had a black president elected that it makes the poor down trodden black individual not having a chance or fair treatment argument a little weak.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 7, 2021, 5:57 am

I wonder why people in an america call themselves black Or white ? I thought they were just americans. Like when they're described as African american , but you never seem to hear people describe themselves as European american. Do you have African Canadians and European Canadians ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 7, 2021, 7:41 am

papafarang wrote:
November 7, 2021, 5:57 am
I wonder why people in an america call themselves black Or white ? I thought they were just americans. Like when they're described as African american , but you never seem to hear people describe themselves as European american. Do you have African Canadians and European Canadians ?
In Canada we say everyone is a Canadian except the natives who want to be different and be called first nations. That makes everyone else second. Sounds racist to me. There are those in the U.S. that keep the black white thing alive and that is too bad. People who are so concerned about slavery and racism long in the past would be much better off to fight present day slavery which is worse than ever.

Return to “U.S. Politics”