It was never about Europe. Brexit is Britain’s reckoning with itself

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Re: I'm Embarrassed to be anEnglishman

Post by jai yen yen » September 3, 2019, 9:23 pm

vlad wrote:
September 2, 2019, 10:53 pm
As the thread says I live in a Country where your democratic rights have been taken away from you, Our Prime Minister will soon be sacked with the help of his own party members who have decided to join Corbyn and force a general Election. Only weeks ago the very same members backed him and voted for him to be there leader, that is now another act of Treason in my opinion. Most members have ignored the general population when we voted to leave and have there own agendas for wanting to stay in Europe. his own members are preparing to him and us to stab us in the back. If a general Election is forced on us I fear Boris will be forced into vote of confidence which with so many stabbing him he will lose therefore a puppet will be installed by the conservative Remainers will shelve any thoughts we had of leaving Europe. Even and its just even if Corbyn loses he will fix the results.
A sad day today to be an Englishman its little wonder we are the laughing stock of Europe and probably the World.
Don't feel too bad, at least you are not a Canadian being led by a total idiot.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 3, 2019, 9:27 pm

yartims wrote:
September 3, 2019, 7:34 pm
bojo has threatened to sack these back stabbing rats so they cant stand at another election so see what happens later
Short memory or what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

BOJO is the BIGGEST back stabbing rat in Westminster

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » September 3, 2019, 10:27 pm

Phillip Lee has defected to the Lib Dems so the govt loses its majority.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » September 3, 2019, 11:19 pm

Philip Lee bailed out before Boris sacked him as a traitor he is I hope tonight Boris sticks to his guns and sacks everyone that votes against him. How can he trust them and all MPs should be deselected by there constituents who voted them in. They should be listening to there constituents not thinking of themselves lining there pockets and remaining in Europe. Corbyn will never win a general Election he has slept in bed with the IRA, Gadaafi and all the war mongers Oh and a speech he gave a while ago we should sit round a table and have a meaningful debate with Isis and Al Queada.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 4, 2019, 2:31 am

Britain is a soup sandwich. They need a strong decisive leader. One who doesn't play games with the manipulative media. One who wears his policies on the sleeve and sets out to fulfil them. One who doesn't give a flying flock about polls or opinions of foreigners while trying to fix domestic problems.

Yes, I know exactly the kind of leader that's needed. ;)
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » September 4, 2019, 5:05 am

Boris the blade has wielded the axe 5 minutes after his treasonous colleagues stabbed him in the back and cost him his 1st vote. A leading Tory spokesman has informed the media that ALL Tory rebels will have there whips removed and sacked from the party. Boris the balls told them back me or your finished he backed it up.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 4, 2019, 7:10 am

If BOJO stays in power much longer the Lib Dems will have enough to form a majority :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 4, 2019, 8:21 am

Awesome political theatre from the UK. Johnson has been kicked in the goolies.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » September 4, 2019, 9:42 am

GT93 wrote:
September 4, 2019, 8:21 am
Awesome political theatre from the UK. Johnson has been kicked in the goolies.
17.4 million people have just had two fingers stuck up at them after been given a once in a lifetime democratic vote and waiting patiently for 3 years for it to be implemented.They have now taken over the House and if they refuse Bojos call for an Election it’s quite simply a coup, the very thing their supporters are accusing BoJo of ,sad day for Democracy

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 4, 2019, 10:17 am

43 million people (those that voted against Brexit and those that felt they did not have enough information to vote one way or another) should now be given a chance to vote on the TRUE facts rather than the deliberate lies that were put out before the last vote.

ricks
udonmap.com

Post by ricks » September 4, 2019, 11:10 am

We are a parliamentary democracy country, with no parliament and one man in charge that is a dictatorship, it may be just one month, but next time it could be 6 months, then 10 years you see were this could go

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 4, 2019, 1:37 pm

Chuchi wrote:
September 4, 2019, 9:42 am
sad day for Democracy
Rest easy. nobody looks to the dysfunctional little island as a model of democracy. A cautionary tale of toxic insecurity, anger issues and inbreeding yes ... democracy? Nah.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 4, 2019, 1:57 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
September 4, 2019, 10:17 am
43 million people (those that voted against Brexit and those that felt they did not have enough information to vote one way or another) should now be given a chance to vote on the TRUE facts rather than the deliberate lies that were put out before the last vote.
Jeez man , do you honestly believe that we will ever get the true facts , one way or the other ?
Total scaremongering if you ask me . Britain will do very well after Brexit , if it ever happens . I accept there could be a couple years pain for re adjustment , but after that, freedom and prosperity .
The commie Corbyn should be in the tower for treason.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 4, 2019, 2:00 pm

ricks wrote:
September 4, 2019, 11:10 am
We are a parliamentary democracy country, with no parliament and one man in charge that is a dictatorship, it may be just one month, but next time it could be 6 months, then 10 years you see were this could go
We were before the Brexit fiasco . Now it seems any man and his dog can hold the country to ransom whenever they feel like it . =; =;

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 4, 2019, 2:07 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
September 4, 2019, 10:17 am
Something not quite correct about your figures statto. The total electoral role for the UK in 2016 was 46.5 Million with a turnout of 72.21% which is enormous compared to the normal General Election turnout of 58% and this is far greater than the EU elections of around 45%. To claim that over 27% of possible electorate did not vote because they "did not have enough information" is wildly exaggerating the situation. The facts are that that Gov UK spent millions of taxpayers money on sending a pamphlet to EVERY household in the UK warning that we as a Nation would be devastated by anything and everything they could think off. So if that was not enough information to vote remain what would be? (incidentally not one of the predictions made by Project Fear have come to fruition) That basically means there is a large percentage of people entitled to vote who are so apathetic they will never vote. To try and say that these people would have voted remain if they had more information is just patent nonsense. Incidentally take 17.4 from 46.5 does not leave 43 as you claim.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » September 4, 2019, 2:26 pm

Not many Yanks joining in this debate I wonder why.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 4, 2019, 2:38 pm

Dont let the TRUE facts get in the way a good whinge . :-" :-"

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » September 4, 2019, 3:18 pm

I too have been embarrassed to be a British subject, and have been feeling this way since 23rd June 2016. That was when there was a vote on Britain's remaining a member of the European Union. And, for god knows what reason, 52% of those who voted decided to negate our political, cultural, ethnic, linguistic, and ethical history.

But, since yesterday, I have begun to believe in the integrity of our elected representatives.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 4, 2019, 4:05 pm

And, for god knows what reason, 52% of those who voted decided to negate our political, cultural, ethnic, linguistic, and ethical history.

I fail to understand your anguish. Just what political history do we have with the other EU member Countries. Even less than 100 years ago (a very short time in historical terms) and again a few years after that we were shedding blood and treasure fighting for our very existence again some of the major players in the now EU. I cannot find many cultural similarities between ourselves and other EU Countries. How many other Countries wear bells around their ankles and go hoppity, skippity waving ribbons around a pole while trying to attract young virgins? When did we start wearing very short leather pants, sing oompah songs and slap our bare thighs for fun. When did we hero worship guys in funny clothes killing bulls that are already half dead to wild cheering crowds. As for France what shared culture do we have with them, do they have a culture (no jokes about white flags now people) I will not comment on shared ethnic history as I will get into trouble with the moderators. When you mention linguistic history then I knew you we at the wind up, who apart from the Brits speak English as their first language in the EU. Out of the remaining 27 Countries there must be about 20 different first languages. A would beg to argue that there is no such thing as ethical history. We have all been bad and some far more than others throughout history and even in todays modern times ethics are given short thrift as shown by the traitorous Tory MP's who have jumped ship or ignored their voters wishes so forgive me if I do not share your devastation at leaving the EU. :D :shock: :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 4, 2019, 4:54 pm

I think you will find that your "Tory traitors" are many of the most respected and influential MP's in the Conservative party including 2 former Chancellors and 20 odd ex cabinet ministers. In fact their only "crime" is that they were prepared to put their country and constituents first instead of their own political positions, unfortunately BOJO and his puppet cabinet (vote for me and I'll give you a job regardless of if you are capable) cant handle that.

Return to “U.K.”