Revoke Article 50 petition

Zico
udonmap.com

Re: Revoke Article 50 petition

Post by Zico » April 11, 2019, 10:16 am

joudon wrote:
April 9, 2019, 9:28 pm
Any future referendum would be rigged to remain. We were only given a referendum because the powers at be were 'assured' of a remain verdict. PM Cameron ' you the people will be give a vote and Parliament will honour and act on the decision you make' nonsense.
So in your view Britain has descended to the level of a banana republic where public votes can be rigged. Who exactly does the vote rigging?

Is it the civil service, the military or some unseen deep state? :shock:

Because I'd like to complain about the mess they made rigging the last general election.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 11, 2019, 10:22 am

Maybe they can get advice from the locals in Bangkok, where the Economist made this observation about the recent election:
Thailand’s junta, it seems, cannot organise a rigged election in a dictatorship.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 12, 2019, 12:29 am

As Private Frazier from Dads Army remarked " Were Doomed I Tell Ya Doomed " General Sprat. Now we got to cough up the tea money to Europe and vote in the Euro Elections.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 18, 2019, 1:27 pm

Watched the eloquent and teleprompter-free speech by Jo Swinson given to her newly emboldened 'orange order' at their bash by the seaside yesterday. Certainly an impressive, consistent delivery as she said that in the (highly unlikely) event that the Lib Dems form the next government, rescinding Article 50 will be the first order of business. Isn't that something that can't be rescinded unless the EU agrees?

They still appear to be hornswoggled by this ludicrously named "people's vote" as if we aren't clever enough to work out that it's simply a second referendum dressed up in orangey-gold tinted verbiage. I mean what was the first and as yet undelivered referendum? The "dogs vote?"

However, when she turned to address the details of their better-than-thou environmental platform, I can't believe that she uttered the calamitous, ill-informed, copy-paste trope that the burning Amazon rain forest are the 'lungs of the world'. At that point, my eyes glazed over as I fumbled for the TV remote...

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » September 18, 2019, 2:06 pm

Well its the easiest thing in the world to make any number of promises on a range of things when you know you haven't got a cat in hell chance of getting in power and have to carry them out. :-"
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 18, 2019, 6:55 pm

Just watched her being bored a new whatever by Piers Morgan and his lady sidekick on British breakfast TV. Stumbling over answers, being so sorry for lying about student fees etc etc. Why everyone should respect the Democratic vote if she wins at the GE but its Ok that her Taking a 'Lib'erty with 'Dem'ocracy party ignores 17.4 million voters. Another Scottish bird reaching higher levels in politics and becoming a screaming harridan. As Grumpy says, easy to promise when you know you have no chance.

Return to “U.K.”