The U.K.'s Christmas Election

tamada
udonmap.com

The U.K.'s Christmas Election

Post by tamada » November 25, 2019, 2:54 pm

That's all the election manifesto's out in the public domain so it's down to knocking on doors and who pedals their litany of lies and obfuscation the best. Is it me or does it seem that only Labour are seeing much more to this vote than just Brexit? Is there a Conservative assumption that the average Brit is happy with more-of-the-same Tory policies? The Lib Dems are still in the wilderness with their plan to rescind Article 50 and another referendum and after flipping and flopping on whether they should play the strategic voting game that Swinson, as a perpetual no-hoper says is necessary, it would seem that Farage has lamped onto uncontrolled immigration (again) to get his Brexit party's box checked.

Choices, choices...

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: The U.K.'s Christmas Election

Post by AlexO » November 25, 2019, 4:19 pm

tamada wrote:
November 25, 2019, 2:54 pm
That's all the election manifesto's out in the public domain so it's down to knocking on doors and who pedals their litany of lies and obfuscation the best. Is it me or does it seem that only Labour are seeing much more to this vote than just Brexit? Is there a Conservative assumption that the average Brit is happy with more-of-the-same Tory policies? The Lib Dems are still in the wilderness with their plan to rescind Article 50 and another referendum and after flipping and flopping on whether they should play the strategic voting game that Swinson, as a perpetual no-hoper says is necessary, it would seem that Farage has lamped onto uncontrolled immigration (again) to get his Brexit party's box checked.

Choices, choices...
Agree Liebour have promised, Every thing will be free, don't ask how we are going to pay for it but we want your votes so your Grandchildren have to live in poverty.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 26, 2019, 8:04 am

Proof that BOJO has arranged for US interference in UK election [-X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwnB1GxFNgA

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 26, 2019, 8:17 am

Having looked at all the manidestos .. its pretty clear non of them stand a great deal.of Tams fact checking ..thsts a nice way tonsay they condist of 90% of total nonsense to get your vote .. the Labour 'contract to the people' is shameful.and the thought if the likes of Corbs .. Mcds , Abbit and Thirnberry running the country is terifying .
In dream.world would love to see the Brecit party take enuff seats to have some power in parlement .. alls heading fir a def tory victory n large majority ..
Jo Swinson is a total twart..and Sturgeon even worse ..so its GoGo Bojo

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 26, 2019, 8:31 am

"so its GoGo Bojo "

couldn't have put it better myself ...... back to where you came from ..... New York :-"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 26, 2019, 12:12 pm

My opinion.

Hung parliament.

No Brexit.

But I am looking forward to hearing the new Speaker.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 26, 2019, 1:46 pm

tamada wrote:
November 26, 2019, 12:12 pm
My opinion.

Hung parliament.

No Brexit.

But I am looking forward to hearing the new Speaker.
Oh if only we could tam ........... starting with BOJO (he likes dangling around on the end of ropes) and then the other 600 odd of them.
Free entry to Tower Hill for all OAP's and a seat with a clear view of the gallows.
Reckon the country might just stretch to an extra days public holiday for the festivities \:D/

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 26, 2019, 1:57 pm

AlexO wrote:
November 25, 2019, 4:19 pm
tamada wrote:

Choices, choices...
Agree Liebour have promised, Every thing will be free, don't ask how we are going to pay for it but we want your votes so your Grandchildren have to live in poverty.
I don't mean to intrude, I don't keep up with the UK politics, but here in the States money apparently grows on trees, so maybe your guys could get a hold of our guys and see how they're doing it.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 26, 2019, 2:08 pm

I realise its coming into pantomine season , and none of our so called leaders would look out of place on the stage , but honestly , is this lot the best Britain can produce .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 26, 2019, 2:20 pm

saint wrote:
November 26, 2019, 2:08 pm
I realise its coming into pantomine season , and none of our so called leaders would look out of place on the stage , but honestly , is this lot the best Britain can produce .
Proof positive that our Public School System is no longer "fit for purpose" if any were needed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 28, 2019, 3:56 pm

The last thing we need is a Corbyn government.... another referendum... and what happens if the people vote out again ?
Another few years of dithering and the UK becomes an even bigger laughing stock if that's possible.
Same if it's a hung parliament...nothing happening again for years.
British people are sick of Brexit and it's time to move on.
Sadly BoJos plan is the only feasible option even if for credibility it's like Marco Silva being appointed manager of Liverpool.....
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 28, 2019, 4:06 pm

Jeez zid it's the other bloomin' thread you are supposed to mention Liverpool in every post without any reference to football, not this one [-X

PS even BOJO doesn't understand BOJO's plans #-o
Last edited by stattointhailand on November 28, 2019, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 28, 2019, 4:09 pm

Next thing zid will.be hoing onto my SCUNTHORPE thread and saying Scunny n Liverpool are aying same style n quality of football .

Dm.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 28, 2019, 4:11 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 28, 2019, 4:09 pm
Next thing zid will.be hoing onto my SCUNTHORPE thread and saying Scunny n Liverpool are aying same style n quality of football .

Dm.
No chance .... scunny dont have a guy in the VAR room :-$

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 28, 2019, 4:22 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 28, 2019, 4:09 pm

Dm.
Ah, apparently that large brick building built down below near the flyover was going to be Scunthorpe United's club shop in Udon.
Planners made proviso for it 2 years ago when a local businessman assured them Scunny would be a Premier League outfit by then.
It is now going to be used as a refuge for the homeless instead. ;)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 28, 2019, 6:33 pm

One thing that no one has thought about is voter turn out ..being a December election ..run up to Christmas.etc and more so the weather .. snow n freezing temps are forecast which will.obviously kerp.people at home rather than casting their vote .

Btw zid .. i heard the local businessman involved in the building is now claiming ownership of the said building and wants to.turn it into a drive thru Iron shirt shop such is the demand .. I stand by my prediction SUFC will.be in the EPL.in the next 10 yrs ..

You heard it here first !! and im.sober .....ish

Dm.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 28, 2019, 7:20 pm

https://yougov.co.uk/uk-general-election-2019/

"Read all abaht it!"

Forecast of biggest Tory majority since 1997... or to put that in perspective, that's when they surrendered 18 years of rule to Bliar & Co.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2019, 12:11 am

<deleted>
Last edited by tamada on December 1, 2019, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 1, 2019, 1:58 pm

Just noticed that two years on, none of the parties mention positive and quick action on getting the private sector to replace the combustible cladding that caused so many deaths at Grenfell tower.

"Barking, Crewe, Clapton, Worcester Park and now Bolton: 2019 has seen at least five major fires in blocks of flats. ...More than two years since the horrific Grenfell Tower fire, which resulted in the deaths of 72 people, why are fires like this so common? Simply put, the government’s action on fire safety has been too slow. Figures released last week show that of the 436 high-rise buildings identified as having the same cladding as Grenfell, where flames spread up the side of the building and encased it in fire, 318 still have not had it removed. These are overwhelmingly blocks with private-sector owners – but the government has been, frankly, unwilling to force them to make people’s homes safe."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ing-owners

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 1, 2019, 6:48 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 26, 2019, 1:57 pm
AlexO wrote:
November 25, 2019, 4:19 pm
tamada wrote:

Choices, choices...
I don't mean to intrude, I don't keep up with the UK politics, but here in the States money apparently grows on trees, so maybe your guys could get a hold of our guys and see how they're doing it.
The same way you guys do it. We only try to pay the interest on the loans every year. When we spend so much that we cannot even pay back the interest on our loans we take out further loans over extended periods. If you and I did that your possessions would have been grabbed by the Bank. Somehow cannot see the Banks taking back America (who could they sell it too).

Return to “U.K.”