The Tories' biggest trick? Convincing the world they have a cunning plan

tamada
udonmap.com

The Tories' biggest trick? Convincing the world they have a cunning plan

Post by tamada » September 12, 2020, 10:38 am

"No matter how much of a 360-degree shitshow the government’s handling of the pandemic or its own Brexit process has been, there are people even now claiming that every cock-up or exploding gambit is a genius tactic by our wisers and betters, brilliantly designed to achieve a very specific aim. I guess it makes these cheerleader analysts feel clever. Or to put it another way: every Rorschach blot looks like a fanny if that’s what you’re after."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... c-cummings

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: The Tories' biggest trick? Convincing the world they have a cunning plan

Post by Khun Paul » September 12, 2020, 10:46 am

Does it really matter what they ( Governments ) do, any Government for that matter. Over there, we have no Vote, Old Age pension NOT increased yet they can and do retain Income TAX.
Whatever we say or do matters not, we can complain but what is the point like here, no-one listens or cares .
The only time they might listen is if Every single Expat returned to the UK and claimed all that is entitled to, including Housing, health etc, the cost of that would bankrupt the country, but until then I really do not care, get my pensions, which I bloody well worked for and sod them all.

Many countries are going to hell in a hat basket as the saying goes, now at my age I care little, feel sad for those that have to pick up the bill later ( I believe called the Millennials ) . I paid my way and will pass off this mortal coil, happy.
Last edited by Khun Paul on September 12, 2020, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 12, 2020, 10:50 am

^ Well I still have a UK vote and am not any closer to claiming my UK pension than I was about five years ago but I do feel your apathy.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 12, 2020, 10:53 am

tamada wrote:
September 12, 2020, 10:50 am
^ Well I still have a UK vote and am not any closer to claiming my UK pension than I was about five years ago but I do feel your apathy.
Not apathy just realism, worrying about it, will not help, raise the stress levels perhaps, but that is all , it is common-sense.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 30, 2020, 6:36 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 12, 2020, 10:53 am
tamada wrote:
September 12, 2020, 10:50 am
Not apathy just realism, worrying about it, will not help, raise the stress levels perhaps, but that is all , it is common-sense.
You are conflating pragmatism with realism. Over exposure to right wing politics will do that for a body long before age dictates.

Return to “U.K.”