General Discussion of UK Politics

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by AlexO » January 16, 2022, 12:33 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 15, 2022, 4:31 pm
Careful what you wish for .....

A Labour MP, Claudia Webbe, calls on Johnson to resign over a party he never attended. While she has been found guilty of harassment and threatening to throw acid in the face of another person, and refuses to resign her seat. I know who should be doing the resigning! Typical of the Gutter politics being used by opposition parties.
As long as we are going back in time with accusations, lets look at Sir Kier Starmer's career as DPP of the Crown Prosecution Service. Just a few instances.
He failed to prosecute Jimmy Saville, even though the evidence against him had come to light.
Refused to prosecute John Warboys for 75 sex offences.
He ordered the CPS of Wales to drop the prosecution of a teacher accused of 'sexting' a 16 year old schoolboy. The boy committed suicide later.
Championed the innocence of a man accused of murder. The man later admitted he was guilty.
Worst of all, in my opinion, failed to prosecute the Asian child sex gangs because: a) The children didn't report the crimes straight away b) Because some of the children had been in trouble before, and finally c) He didn't want to cause 'racial' tension in the Asian community!
So, if we are going to search the past of our PM for past mistakes, it is only fair to see what the person who wants to be our PM in the future, has done. Of the two, who is the worse?

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 16, 2022, 2:39 pm

oh stop, when he was dancing about , like prima
donna in an italian opera, you must've had doubts

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 16, 2022, 3:30 pm

The "prima donna" in an Italian Opera is usually an overweight soprano who rarely if ever "dances about".

Suggested viewing .......Nabucco. Aida, La Traviata, Turandot, Barber of Seville (beats the hell out of an old John Wayne movie anyday :lol: )

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 16, 2022, 4:38 pm

You are at it again Mr Statts, pushing all your Big Wig, Highfalutin , Nobby stuff again, bout time yer lived in the real world and started listening to some real tunes wot us normal people listen too.

He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 16, 2022, 4:44 pm

AlexO wrote:
January 14, 2022, 7:12 am
tamada wrote:
January 13, 2022, 7:24 am
AlexO wrote:
January 12, 2022, 9:37 pm
A letter dated some 40 years ago, what in the name of Holy Hell has that got to do with his leadership of the UK these days.
UK Government is not a one man band it is a consensus of initially the Cabinet then offered to the House of Commons and unfortunately also the House of the unelected House of Lords for approval.
It should be noted that there is no such thing similar to the USA Presidential Decree where the US President issues laws/rules/judgments at his personal whim.
Jeez Alex...are your eyes painted on?

Because the letter, if real, describes Boris Johnson to a tee and you KNOW it does. We can only assume that Boris Sr. must have been an early proponent of the "no smacking" mantra for child discipline. Your penchant for placing your leadership on pedestals is alarming. It was misplaced with Thatcher who was ultimately hoist by her own petard. In the current state of this nation's play, it is downright dangerous.

How can upward of a hundred "workers" at #10, fellow cabinet members and the serried ranks of their MP's still be in such thrall of the PM that the serial law breaking and nose-thumbing deceit never saw daylight until now? How many more times must the PM mumble being deeply something or other for the results of another cock up? The whole craven bunch are increasingly trying to hide behind the "head boy" while he casts around for more to throw under the bus. I wonder who is going to pull a "Geoffrey Howe" on Johnson? When that happens, that sound you will hear from Westminster will be from the chickens coming home to roost (the sound of 360 arseholes puckering).

PMQ's yesterday was a slow motion train wreck for the Tories. You could see Boris was seething with rage each and every time he repeated the rote, "Wait for the results of the inquiry" response. Where was the classic deflection when responding to a "cherry-picked" Tory question where he spins and points at the Leader of the Opposition and blames them for doing nothing with some flowery prose? The Tory cherry-pickers failed miserably yesterday with their milquetoast questions. Can't defuse this ticking time-bomb.

The man's hubris must be more infectious than omicron.
Tam
There for the will of God go I. You must have been a real wee 'goody two shoes' 40 years ago, and have never done the slightest thing wrong in the last 4 decades that entitles you to castigate someone you have no personal contact or knowledge of. If he goes, as it is likely he will go due to the venomous attacks on him by the gutter press, who will you and the usual culprits attack next. There is a post from an American gentleman who puts the point brilliantly, but Clinton was a Democrat so it's Ok.
OK Alex. Fair cop. I gotta hold my hand up. My dad kicked my arse when he found out I was part of the gang of schoolkids, raiding gardens and stealing strawberries and I cheated on my chemistry tests. I was caught smoking behind the bike sheds. I lied about my age to get into pubs and into Isla Laing's pants at the nurses lodging at ARI.

I also got cautioned at a student party where marijuana was found. Later, I got parking tickets in Singapore and Brisbane and a speeding ticket a hundred miles from Karratha. I was arrested in Saudi for causing property damage and arrested again in Bahgdad for driving a car with Kuwaiti plates. I also got a DUI in Texas and blagged my way into First Class on BA. Twice.

Obviously, i don't have the credentials to be a Prime Minister. On the other hand, I haven't repeatedly lied to 60-odd million people.

If Boris goes, it will be due to his own poor judgment, lack of any sense of responsibility and overall shoddy character.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 16, 2022, 4:55 pm

That's disgusting tam ....... have you absolutely no conscience ?

"blagged your way into First Class on BA TWICE "!!

I'm shocked ... how low are you prepared to sink?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 18, 2022, 7:35 am

Government defeated... Gotta love that comment.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/17/governme ... -15935071/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 18, 2022, 7:50 am

tamada wrote:
January 18, 2022, 7:35 am

Clicking on the link Tam theres some interesting reading in the "must read" right hand side bar of the Metro page , re tantrums by the artist formerly known as Prince ..plus the UK piloting a 4 day werking week.

Nothing about Starmers party party ??

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » January 18, 2022, 7:51 am

That’s our leader
Attachments
E622DB8D-C1F6-474F-AE7E-9A61B4F5787B.jpeg
974F3095-A440-48D9-BBA0-FA25095E05A2.jpeg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 18, 2022, 8:00 am

stattointhailand wrote:
January 16, 2022, 4:55 pm
That's disgusting tam ....... have you absolutely no conscience ?

"blagged your way into First Class on BA TWICE "!!

I'm shocked ... how low are you prepared to sink?
In this instance, only as low as the lie-flat beds at the front of the bus would allow.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 18, 2022, 8:27 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 18, 2022, 7:50 am
tamada wrote:
January 18, 2022, 7:35 am

Clicking on the link Tam theres some interesting reading in the "must read" right hand side bar of the Metro page , re tantrums by the artist formerly known as Prince ..plus the UK piloting a 4 day werking week.

Nothing about Starmers party party ??

DM
A lot of people are unaware of the reach of this odious police sentencing and courts bill. They think it's all about the sub-classes, ethnic minorities, immigrants and 'real' criminals. So most simply think it doesn't apply to them. Some just don't care about the impact on the private lives of their progeny or future generations. It's that great, British "I'm all right Jack" attitude wrought of apathy and ignorance again. Blissfully unaware that their elected government has just gone and tried to sub-class them.

Apathy and ignorance of the sub-classes. You know, the stuff of Friday arvo's at the pie factory.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 18, 2022, 1:31 pm

Its the "I'm alright Jack" attitude that has resulted in the Torys being in power for 10 years. Voters go for the short term benefits they are promised by the Torys, and once they get their vote they do a 180 on the promises ....... then the Richard Craniums fall for the same thing next election ..... and they get screwed again ......... next election Bojo will be telling them he has twenty billion in a Nigerian Princes bank account that he needs their help with, and they are so dumb they will still think hes telling the truth

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 18, 2022, 3:35 pm

I see Cummings has also been putting the boot in again. The Johnson - Cummings show is cool. I enjoy that one.

UK politicians are very entertaining as are some of the larger than life Brits on the Map. Currently I think the English cricketers are in better form than Johnson and his cronies.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 18, 2022, 4:21 pm

What about us small (less than 34 inch waist) Brits?

Love skys comment about what Cummings said backing up what they had been told by a completely separate source, but number 10 are still denying it

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 19, 2022, 12:34 am

tamada wrote:
January 16, 2022, 4:44 pm
AlexO wrote:
January 14, 2022, 7:12 am
tamada wrote:
January 13, 2022, 7:24 am
AlexO wrote:
January 12, 2022, 9:37 pm
A letter dated some 40 years ago, what in the name of Holy Hell has that got to do with his leadership of the UK these days.
UK Government is not a one man band it is a consensus of initially the Cabinet then offered to the House of Commons and unfortunately also the House of the unelected House of Lords for approval.
It should be noted that there is no such thing similar to the USA Presidential Decree where the US President issues laws/rules/judgments at his personal whim.
Jeez Alex...are your eyes painted on?

Because the letter, if real, describes Boris Johnson to a tee and you KNOW it does. We can only assume that Boris Sr. must have been an early proponent of the "no smacking" mantra for child discipline. Your penchant for placing your leadership on pedestals is alarming. It was misplaced with Thatcher who was ultimately hoist by her own petard. In the current state of this nation's play, it is downright dangerous.

How can upward of a hundred "workers" at #10, fellow cabinet members and the serried ranks of their MP's still be in such thrall of the PM that the serial law breaking and nose-thumbing deceit never saw daylight until now? How many more times must the PM mumble being deeply something or other for the results of another cock up? The whole craven bunch are increasingly trying to hide behind the "head boy" while he casts around for more to throw under the bus. I wonder who is going to pull a "Geoffrey Howe" on Johnson? When that happens, that sound you will hear from Westminster will be from the chickens coming home to roost (the sound of 360 arseholes puckering).

PMQ's yesterday was a slow motion train wreck for the Tories. You could see Boris was seething with rage each and every time he repeated the rote, "Wait for the results of the inquiry" response. Where was the classic deflection when responding to a "cherry-picked" Tory question where he spins and points at the Leader of the Opposition and blames them for doing nothing with some flowery prose? The Tory cherry-pickers failed miserably yesterday with their milquetoast questions. Can't defuse this ticking time-bomb.

The man's hubris must be more infectious than omicron.
Tam
There for the will of God go I. You must have been a real wee 'goody two shoes' 40 years ago, and have never done the slightest thing wrong in the last 4 decades that entitles you to castigate someone you have no personal contact or knowledge of. If he goes, as it is likely he will go due to the venomous attacks on him by the gutter press, who will you and the usual culprits attack next. There is a post from an American gentleman who puts the point brilliantly, but Clinton was a Democrat so it's Ok.
OK Alex. Fair cop. I gotta hold my hand up. My dad kicked my arse when he found out I was part of the gang of schoolkids, raiding gardens and stealing strawberries and I cheated on my chemistry tests. I was caught smoking behind the bike sheds. I lied about my age to get into pubs and into Isla Laing's pants at the nurses lodging at ARI.

I also got cautioned at a student party where marijuana was found. Later, I got parking tickets in Singapore and Brisbane and a speeding ticket a hundred miles from Karratha. I was arrested in Saudi for causing property damage and arrested again in Bahgdad for driving a car with Kuwaiti plates. I also got a DUI in Texas and blagged my way into First Class on BA. Twice.

Obviously, i don't have the credentials to be a Prime Minister. On the other hand, I haven't repeatedly lied to 60-odd million people.

If Boris goes, it will be due to his own poor judgment, lack of any sense of responsibility and overall shoddy character.
Good to know you are no angel Tam, neither am I. I still dispute the repeated lies to 60 million as if he is the only one. Starmers first speech as leader of the Marxist party. "We will be a positive opposition, not just an opposition for oppositions sake" One of the biggest lies since Blair and Corbyn. Brexit done , Covid not so good but maybe listened to too many doom merchants. What was Starmer's solution.? Nothing, no idea, just raise taxes. Usual solution from the halfwit left.
Hope Isla does not sue you for telling her you loved her to get the knickers down.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 19, 2022, 11:46 am

I see a leading figure in the Johnson administration called Scottish Conservative leader Douglas Ross a "lightweight" within the Conservative Party.

Dear oh dear. :lol:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 19, 2022, 11:55 am

It's a rum old state of affairs when the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom makes the incompetent bullshiitter Trump look almost honest and upright.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 19, 2022, 11:59 am

Are you referring to Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel AKA Moggy Very Silly Party GT?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 19, 2022, 12:24 pm

Yes and I enjoyed labelling him a leading figure. :lol:

He's another Tory dork.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 19, 2022, 7:56 pm

I'm currently watching the theatre that is Prime Minister's Questions.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Return to “U.K.”