Why I listen to more LBC and less BBC

tamada
udonmap.com

Why I listen to more LBC and less BBC

Post by tamada » June 21, 2022, 7:40 am

BBC lets Lewis Goodall leave Newsnight ‘to solve Left-wing bias’

Departure of show’s policy editor, as well as Emily Maitlis, gives corporation an opportunity to reset programme and focus on impartiality

BBC insiders said the BBC Two programme would move forward with a new team free from accusations of bias, and with a “scrupulous approach” to impartiality. “This is an important programme and one that it is vital we get right. We are determined to do that, and when people move on it creates opportunities,” one source said.

Nadine Dorries, the Culture Secretary, announced last month that the Government’s mid-term review of the BBC would have a particular focus on impartiality.

Goodall has had public spats with Sir Robbie Gibb, the former director of communications at No 10 and now a BBC board member.

In August 2020, he wrote an article for the new Statesman, billed as an examination of “how the Government’s ineptitude created a lost generation”. Sir Robbie wrote at the time: “Is there anyone more damaging to the BBC’s reputation for impartiality than Lewis Goodall? This is so off the scale I don’t even know where to begin.”

In January of that year, Sir Robbie criticised Goodall’s comments on Brexit. Goodall replied: “Thanks for this Robbie. Maybe one day, if I’m as impartial as you, I can get a knighthood too.” Sir Robbie said: “My advice to you is to listen to constructive criticism and try and improve.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/0 ... wing-bias/

This resonates particularly with the very recent repression of yet another story of Downing Street's most prolific cock(sman) desperately seeking to fulfill his obvious need to have something to bang in the office (flat, stairs, kitchen table, etc., etc..). It' wasn't Hatt Mancock's fault he got caught on camera in a government office with a double helping of tiramisu. He was just following a bloody trend.

Floozy gate anyone?

PS: Is it just me or does anyone else have to stifle a snort of derision when they see the words 'Dories' and 'Culture' in the same sentence?

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Why I listen to more LBC and less BBC

Post by tamada » June 21, 2022, 8:47 am

Especially when LBC invite the Culture Mulcher herself in for a chat and she comes across as hopelessly contemptible of her electorate and woefully clueless on her party's ethics policy as her chosen lord and saviour.

https://twitter.com/hewitson10/status/1 ... 0157360129
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Why I listen to more LBC and less BBC

Post by stattointhailand » June 21, 2022, 9:09 am

WHAT "ethics policy"?

Can completely ignoring something be classed as a "policy"?

Return to “U.K.”