Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Khun Paul » January 24, 2021, 7:29 am

I note that what we almost never hear is that the Death of a patient was due in part to the possible other HEALTH CONDITIONS, that person may have suffered from. It is scary to think that all these deaths are due entirely to Covid 19 . when in fact it is noted that from the beginning it wasw stated quite categorically that those with underlying Health Issues were more at risk.
If the figures are to be believed then now Healthy fit people are dying from Covid 19, sure some may do,. but not in the numbers being released I am sure.
Those statistics are no longer being made public and Covid 19 is being used as it were as a scapegoat for deaths. Would make the death toll from Covid more realistic

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2021, 8:11 am

^ Daily YouTube's? Honestly? God help us.

I "hear" on the radio and I "watch" and "read" on the internet but don't watch YouTube's unless it's music, comedy, clips about fixing stuff or making food. YouTube is definitely NOT my go-to source for news or facts and certainly not someone else's "collation" of both. There's something about someone who prefaces their need-to-know presentation with "please subscribe" and "click below" that bothers me.

I am confident that the very recent incidences of post-Covid 19 first-shot death hasn't earned any peer-reviewed status or full-on government acknowledgment yet, however...

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2021 ... ccine-dose

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 24, 2021, 8:33 am

Strange that all the first news about the vaccines was to have a booster shot 7 to 10 days after the first
Or is that just away to boost profits at the expense of slowing down the numbers which can be vaccinated quickly

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » January 24, 2021, 9:04 am

noosard wrote:
January 24, 2021, 8:33 am
Strange that all the first news about the vaccines was to have a booster shot 7 to 10 days after the first
Or is that just away to boost profits at the expense of slowing down the numbers which can be vaccinated quickly
Don't know where you got the 7-10 day time frame as been following the vaccine studies in the news for a long while. My son is part of a phase two study that started in Aug last year and even then it was 21 days between 1st and booster shot.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 24, 2021, 9:52 am

You are absolutely correct the first instructions was 14 days between Shot one and Shot two, however in order to maximise the roll out to the VULNERABLE, it was decided based on SCIENTIFIC information , that5 a period of 12 weeks was acceptable.
Now some Doctors are now arguing about that time period .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 24, 2021, 9:52 am

Stantheman wrote:
January 24, 2021, 9:04 am
noosard wrote:
January 24, 2021, 8:33 am
Don't know where you got the 7-10 day time frame as been following the vaccine studies in the news for a long while. My son is part of a phase two study that started in Aug last year and even then it was 21 days between 1st and booster shot.
Just bad memory
Point is the efficacy rate were all based on 2 shots

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2021, 10:06 am

The manufacturer's pretty much universally stated 21 days between first shot and booster.

The government suggested that this could be strung out to 12 weeks predicated on the notion of getting more people their first shot. The government's medical advisers only seemed to be going along with this plan rather than suggesting it first.

The manufacturer's also appeared to go along with the government's reasoning and much talk about the added benefit of allowing more time for them to ramp up to full production.

Then this.

Doctors call for shorter gap between Pfizer Covid vaccine doses in UK

British Medical Association warns current 12-week wait could reduce effectiveness of the jab

"... Currently patients wait about three months to get their second dose. Prof Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer for England, said this was a “public health decision” to get the first jab to more people across the country.

However, Dr Chaand Nagpaul, chair of the council of the British Medical Association (BMA), said the gap could reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine. He said that while he understood the rationale behind the decision to delay the second dose, the UK should follow “best practice” and reduce the wait time to six weeks.

While there is some evidence from trials of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine that a late second dose up to 12 weeks does not interfere with the efficacy of the vaccine, Pfizer has said there is no evidence from its trials.

Nagpaul pointed to analysis from the World Health Organization that said second doses of the Pfizer vaccine should only be delayed “in exceptional circumstances” and recommended a gap of four weeks between doses. ..."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... e-doses-uk

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 24, 2021, 12:11 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Sunday:
♦️From 15 December 2020 onwards
🔸9,263 people infected (+7 imported cases & +191 local cases)
🔸6,627 discharged from care (+119)
🔸2,860 people in care (2,623 since December)
🔸13 dead (+1)
♦️TOTAL: 13,500 cases & 73 deaths

Standby more details

Many thanks to Richard Barrow in Thailand
Attachments
FB_IMG_1611464978669.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 24, 2021, 1:08 pm

tamada wrote:
January 24, 2021, 8:11 am
The magical mystery non existent fable may be able to help you.

You however should learn to distinguish between fact that you can cross check and opinion that is much more difficult to follow up.

Yes there is an amazing amount of disinformation and pure rubbish on YouTube rather like the president forum, but there is also good well founded well researched content.

Learn to sift the pearls from the dross or face the fact that you are blinding yourself and deluding yourself, while thinking that an article on a death after a first Pfizer-BioNTech dose is at all relevant to the Oxford AstroZenica vaccine, and interpolating that instance into many deaths and no protection
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 24, 2021, 1:18 pm

Don't know if anyone here has been slagging, Anutin Charnvirakul (he doesn't appear to have a clue), the Thai Health Minister but one would have to go far and wide to beat this:-
Sri Lanka's health minister tests positive for coronavirus after promoting magic potions to fight COVID-19
:shock:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-24/ ... 9/13086862
Last edited by Bandung_Dero on January 24, 2021, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2021, 1:19 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
January 24, 2021, 1:08 pm
tamada wrote:
January 24, 2021, 8:11 am
The magical mystery non existent fable may be able to help you.

You however should learn to distinguish between fact that you can cross check and opinion that is much more difficult to follow up.

Yes there is an amazing amount of disinformation and pure rubbish on YouTube rather like the president forum, but there is also good well founded well researched content. Learn to sift the pearls from the dross or face the fact that you are blinding yourself and deluding yourself.
Don't you ever presume to tell me or anyone how to separate news from opinion. I don't know you and vice versa so don't even try come over as being the all-knowing clever dick any more than you have done already. You're not that great.

Ta
tam

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2021, 1:28 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
January 24, 2021, 1:18 pm
Don't know if anyone here has been slagging, Anutin Charnvirakul (he doesn't appear to have a clue), the Thai Health Minister but one would have to go far and wide to beat this:-
Sri Lanka's health minister tests positive for coronavirus after promoting magic potions to fight COVID-19
:shock:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-24/ ... 9/13086862
Yes, I heard about the Sri Lankan plonker on the radio (not YouTube) yesterday. Sort of right up there with the Indonesian Health Minister last year who recommended more devout prayer be placed right at the top of the list and above, masks, hand gel, social distancing and all the other mumbo jumbo.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 24, 2021, 2:16 pm

tamada wrote:
January 24, 2021, 1:19 pm
Don't you ever presume to tell me or anyone how to separate news from opinion.
Your posting above demonstrates that you have a rather high opinion of yourself, and seem to have a similarly low opinion of others and dismiss perfectly credible sources of information because you seem to dislike where it is posted. Typing as if talking out of an orifice not designed for communication certainly suggests that your abilities in separating fact from opinion is sadly lacking. As is your determination to be right.

Your suggestion of my importance while gratifying has nothing to do with any claims of mine.

TTFN.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2021, 2:24 pm

January 24, 2021, 2:16 pm
tamada wrote:
January 24, 2021, 1:19 pm
Don't you ever presume to tell me or anyone how to separate news from opinion.
Your posting above demonstrates that you have a rather high opinion of yourself, and seem to have a similarly low opinion of others and dismiss perfectly credible sources of information because you seem to dislike where it is posted. Typing as if talking out of an orifice not designed for communication certainly suggests that your abilities in separating fact from opinion is sadly lacking. As is your determination to be right.

Your suggestion of my importance while gratifying has nothing to do with any claims of mine.

TTFN.
The above from the anal sphincter that said:
January 24, 2021, 1:08 pm
... Learn to sift the pearls from the dross or face the fact that you are blinding yourself and deluding yourself, ...
Pull your arrogant wee head in.

Ta
tam

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 24, 2021, 5:52 pm

tamada wrote:
Pull your arrogant wee head in.

Ta
tam
As I said months ago this guy thinks he can step into @Bob Helms shoes.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

He has the typical keyboard pumping before engaging the brain syndrome as seen in a resent post in the "Marriage Extension" thread.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 25, 2021, 3:00 pm

BREAKING: Two deaths reported today including a UK citizen.

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Monday:
🔸9,450 people infected (+10 imported cases & +177 local cases)
🔸6,722 discharged from care (+95)
🔸2,950 people in care (2,713 since December)
🔸15 dead (+2)
♦️TOTAL: 13,687 cases & 75 deaths

Today, 116 people were found through proactive case finding. These were in Samut Sakhon (113), Bangkok (2) and Rayong (1).

Other 61 local cases were in Samut Sakhon (35), Bangkok (20), Samut Songkhram (3), Rayong (1) and Samut Prakan (2) #COVID19 #โควิด19 #Thailand

There were two reported deaths today:
♦️A 61 year-old male from the UK. He arrived on 25 December and was initially in quarantine in Chonburi
♦️A 56-year-old Thai woman from Samut Sakhon with cerebrovascular disease. Her husband had contact with the fish delivery man #RIP
Attachments
C3F520AF-E0AF-4BAA-8C35-999C4D12F5D4.jpeg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 25, 2021, 7:13 pm

BREAKING: Following mass proactive screening of 10,000 people per day for the last five days, health officials in Samut Sakhon have just announced a +914 person jump in #COVID19 cases. The majority are among migrant workers.

Proactive testing: 84 Thais and 760 migrant workers (844 cases)
Walk-in cases at hospitals: 35 Thais and 35 migrant workers (70 cases)

#Thailand
Attachments
E69C8275-42B4-4376-B88C-A235E5FE9390.jpeg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » January 26, 2021, 12:30 pm

Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Tuesday:
🔸10,409 people infected (+22 imported cases & +937 local cases)
🔸6,952 discharged from care (+230)
🔸3,679 people in care (3,442 since December)
🔸15 dead (+0)
♦️TOTAL: 14,646 cases & 75 deaths

Tuesday Update: 937 local cases. Out of these, 848 were proactive case findings: 844 in Samut Sakhon and 4 in Bangkok.
👉89 other “walk-in” cases:
📍Samut Sakhon 70
📍Bangkok 17
📍Samut Songkhram 1
📍Ubon Ratchathani 1
#COVID19 #โควิด19 #Thailand

Many thanks to Richard Barrow in Thailand
Attachments
FB_IMG_1611638866049.jpg

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 26, 2021, 7:04 pm

A little memory jog for anyone intending to apply for a further 60 days extension due to COVID, the last day is this Friday, the 29th.

Naturally, there’s nothing to stop another announcement being made between now & then or even next week but just as of right now in two days, it will be the last opportunity.
I’d expect Udon Immigration to be busy so it might be prudent to conduct any other business sooner rather than later
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 27, 2021, 11:29 am

The last time I heard this much overconfidence, my 3 year old asked me to turn off the ceiling fan as she was going to jump really high.
Tourist lift tipped for Pattaya
Bangkok Post
27/01/2021, 11:23

CHON BURI: Tourists are expected to soon start flocking back to Pattaya amid a far brighter Covid-19 outlook and with the mandatory 14-day quarantine no longer being enforced.
The president of the Thai Hotels Association Eastern Chapter, Phisut Sae-khu, said Chon Buri might be removed from the government's list of "red zones" after it reported zero new infections several days in a row.
Mr Phisut called for the loosening of restrictions, saying business people were facing a serious liquidity problem and many small- to medium-sized hotels had already gone out of business.
Nor could anyone yet predict how long it would take surviving businesses in the province to fully recover, he said.
The association president added that the province's lifting of the mandatory 14-day quarantine period for visitors to Pattaya offered some hope to the tourism sector.
Businesses in Pattaya and the local office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand were working together to promote the city's tourism, especially during the Songkran Festival in April this year when the pandemic is expected to significantly recede, he said.
Pattaya would also be re- branded with a focus on daytime activities, said Mr Phisut.
Meanwhile, Chon Buri governor Pakarathorn Thianchai said he had informed the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) of the province's recent zero case status.
Therefore, the easing of re- strictions in Chon Buri can be expected soon, he said.
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”