Curfew

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Curfew

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 6, 2020, 9:30 am

T Bar does a dam good fry up ..not had one for ages

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 6, 2020, 9:34 am

cali4995 wrote:
May 6, 2020, 9:27 am
vincemunday wrote:
May 6, 2020, 9:18 am
I seriously think it's time to call time out now. We all know KP's loathing of Johnny Foreigner and his dislike of Thailand, the Thai govt and pretty much everything else in between but between us we are killing threads . . .
too late . . . we've already seen what petty , little
******* some of you brits can be
Yep some of us can be Cali, a trait not restricted to Brits.

Back on topic, it looks like a whole load of Thai looking Russians were arrested yesterday for partying, this is all adding to the case for extending the curfew/banning booze.

http://udon.info/2020/05/05/russians-ca ... h-phangan/
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 6, 2020, 9:40 am

This was somewhere in the back of my mind when I opened this thread this morning:
11. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging. Also publishing of any private message on the open forum without both parties consent is not allowed and may lead to a warning.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... f=16&t=460
:wink:

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » May 6, 2020, 9:45 am

exactly , vince doesn't care about "rules" . he's
a rogue poster. a maverick , devil-may-care attitude in his swagger. taunting mods to act :-s

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 6, 2020, 9:48 am

Another report in from The Boy, it all kicked off in Sainsbury’s yesterday when a family comprising of husband, wife (?) & three late age teenagers tried to get in during the time set aside for key workers & vulnerable people.

These supermarket security guards who up until now have just had the lean on the door saying good morning are certainly earning their keep
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 8, 2020, 7:53 am

Chatting to a bizz colleague in BKK and hes hearing the curfew will be lifted sooner rather than later ..mid May ???? but SOE decree stays thru May and June , not sure i think the max limit is 90days / 3 months .. no suprize there really .

Again last night numerous curfew violators (20 plus in the 15 mins i was having a cuppa tea on my office terrace) spotted traveling past on the UD ring road, normal saloon cars , pick ups , motorbikes and tuk tuks ..i didnt count the delivery ,freezer/chiller trucks etc .

Another point to note ..not seen any police or army at all out cruising n nabbing non curfewers.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 8, 2020, 8:28 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 8, 2020, 7:53 am
Chatting to a bizz colleague in BKK and hes hearing the curfew will be lifted sooner rather than later ..mid May ???? but SOE decree stays thru May and June , not sure i think the max limit is 90days / 3 months .. no suprize there really .

Again last night numerous curfew violators (20 plus in the 15 mins i was having a cuppa tea on my office terrace) spotted traveling past on the UD ring road, normal saloon cars , pick ups , motorbikes and tuk tuks ..i didnt count the delivery ,freezer/chiller trucks etc .

Another point to note ..not seen any police or army at all out cruising n nabbing non curfewers.

DM
DISCLAIMER .. First paragraph .. sorry no link :shock: ,, basically chatter in Bkk before anyone asks , same mate did get the booze ban and curfew nailed on EXACTLY so im happy to give his hearsay forum cyber time.

Second paragraph .. swa with my very own old but still functioning mince pies !!

DM

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 8, 2020, 8:35 am

Its a real a real shame that anyone has to justify everything they post these days , just to keep the cockwombles happy .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 8, 2020, 9:06 am

Thanks for the update DM, sources closer to the real action than a blistering hot Isaan t-junction are always appreciated.

When the SoE was extended, the PM said that unspecified aspects could be reviewed and changed as progress was made and that included the night curfew. The coincidence of this happening on the 14-day or mid-month review although welcome, isn't all that surprising

The government invented the rules regarding the SoE so if it does have written 3-month limits, that can easily be rewritten by the same people who invented the rules. I need to go back and read what items in the original SoE are driven by the government's concern for the health and wellbeing of the nation and the bits that simply prop up their sham.

So... watcha gonna report on when curfew's gone?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 8, 2020, 9:35 am

tamada wrote:
May 8, 2020, 9:06 am

So... watcha gonna report on when curfew's gone?
I will dream up something dont worry Tam .. i wont leave you just yet !!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 8, 2020, 11:07 am

Useful info
Attachments
FB_IMG_1588910672503.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 9, 2020, 3:08 am

cali4995 wrote:
May 6, 2020, 9:45 am
a rogue poster. a maverick , devil-may-care attitude in his swagger. taunting mods to act :-s
There's a lot of humour mixed in when the British handbags are flying with great swagger. I seek out those threads because there can be some really good laughs. There's a strong Udon Brit flavour.

Covid 19 currently isn't much of a health problem in Thailand. When that's so, governments will struggle to get their residents to observe social distancing policies such as curfews. Young people aren't nearly as concerned about Covid 19 as older folks.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2020, 6:45 am

GT93 wrote:
May 9, 2020, 3:08 am
cali4995 wrote:
There's a lot of humour mixed in when the British handbags are flying with great swagger. I seek out those threads because there can be some really good laughs. There's a strong Udon Brit flavour.

Covid 19 currently isn't much of a health problem in Thailand. When that's so, governments will struggle to get their residents to observe social distancing policies such as curfews. Young people aren't nearly as concerned about Covid 19 as older folks.
:shock: two very accurate points GT93 .. :shock:

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » May 9, 2020, 5:20 pm

GT93 wrote:
May 9, 2020, 3:08 am
cali4995 wrote:
There's a lot of humour mixed in when the British handbags are flying with great swagger. I seek out those threads because there can be some really good laughs. There's a strong Udon Brit flavour . . .
i WAS being facetious gt93 , i'm sure vince did not
think i was being literal. i will try and " dumb-down"
my jokes in future so that you might keep up

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 18, 2020, 1:51 pm

Vince has a lot of swagger (not that he's the only one) and posting PMs risks mod attention. Be more careful what you post. You have lots of form.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 18, 2020, 4:56 pm

Im still of the opinion the curfew is not really being adhered to by many and also by the officers who are resposible to check its being observed .. same as mask wearing and SD.. just back from a meeting in town and for sure seeing way more people without masks then with them and 3/4 on a motorbike etc .. bit of a joke now as many get complacent .

Point to note .. ref curfew n car insurance

Was chatting to a fella whose wife had been rather silly at 11pm so in curfew zone as prior to the change from 10pm .. bladdered and driving ran into a parked car .. so ..

Curfew violating
Drunk driving
Crashed into parked car

Because the accident happened in the curfew hours the car insurance company will not pay out for her car and the one crashed into , also double wammy DUI and curfew violation .. big fine and/or jail ..

UCMTSU

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 18, 2020, 5:13 pm

Yes I concur DM, the locals with their devil may care attitude seems to be that it is all over and nothing to worry about , it is exactly that attitude which could make a resurgence and as for the Policing of the Curfew, well I will keep my own counsel on that , not want to be seen knocking the ' superb' RTP .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2020, 6:42 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 18, 2020, 5:13 pm
......... well I will keep my own counsel on that , not want to be seen knocking the ' superb' RTP .
You surprise me KP ............ I haven't seen you previously describe the RTP on here as "superb". Nor have I seen anyone else do so for that matter. :-k

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 19, 2020, 6:40 am

Understanding English is a skill, I was in fact being sarcastic , but that went way over your head , not too worry keep taking the meds.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 19, 2020, 6:49 am

Curfew ... what curfew last night was even worse , it really is a joke going by how many people im seeing on the ring road out n about after 11 pm.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”