Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by pipoz4444 » March 28, 2020, 12:01 pm

Population Densities

Singapore: 8,359 persons per square Km (21,646 per sq mile) No 3 most densely populated Country in the Works - Currently 732 Cases and 2 Deaths

Hong Kong: 6,659 person per square Km (17,311 per sq mile) No 4 most densely populated Country in the Works - Currently 519 Cases and 4 Deaths

Thailand: 137 person per square Km (354 per sq mile)

Bangkok: 5,300 person per square Km (13,700 per sq mile) - A bit less than Hong Kong

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 28, 2020, 1:22 pm

Barney wrote:
March 28, 2020, 10:16 am
Not sure if mentioned as there are about 20 threads on Carona but it appears the British company Dyson have answered a call from the PM Boris to help.
They have dropped everything and designed a new ventilator in 10 days. In production now. They are donating quite a few.
Well done to their tech dept.
Have no link sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps this goes some way to explaining Dyson/Next business Barney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_z4czYi6LM

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 28, 2020, 1:40 pm

Maybe Dyson are just changing the Vacuum Cleaner production line, from Suck to Blow. Just reverse the polarity of the motor and put a bag on the end :lol: :lol: :lol:

The good thing is that it will be a Quality product

pipoz4444

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2020, 1:46 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 28, 2020, 1:22 pm
Barney wrote:
Not sure if mentioned as there are about 20 threads on Carona but it appears the British company Dyson have answered a call from the PM Boris to help.
They have dropped everything and designed a new ventilator in 10 days. In production now. They are donating quite a few.
Have no link sorry.

"...but first, click here and further monetize my left-wing conspiracy theory nonsense..."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2020, 1:54 pm

Barney wrote:
Have no link sorry.

Here's a link... https://www.straitstimes.com/world/euro ... tand-ready

I picked up on the F1 teams working on ventilators so checked that out.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... P52fp.html

https://www.republicworld.com/sports-ne ... vices.html

I wonder if any of those seven F1 teams are major Tory party contributors?

I wonder if it's the same seven teams that are protesting about the FIA's no-punishment, confidential settlement with Ferrari on their early 2019 season engine cheating?

I wonder if Ferrari, with a corona epicenter on their doorstep, have made any similar efforts? It's not as if they have any races to go to.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 28, 2020, 2:19 pm

Here some more weird covid related news .. from Iran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJZ1rXIlfRY
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 28, 2020, 3:10 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 28, 2020, 1:22 pm
While it is certainly possible that this may be correct in his view the channel title “a different bias” suggests that this may not be exactly balanced view.

The claims made are not substantiated with numbers.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 28, 2020, 3:58 pm

If you like a graph

Or a map

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 28, 2020, 6:24 pm

CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)Thailand’s airlines line up for 16 billion baht lifelineThe ThaigerPublished 31 seconds ago on March 28, 2020ByThe Thaiger
Thailand’s airlines line up for 16 billion baht lifeline | The Thaigerfollow us in feedly
Thai airlines are mostly grounded, basically due to lack of traffic from government restrictions to stop people from travelling. But they still have staff and regulations that require them to be paid.

So 7 Thai airlines are seeking a 16 billion baht lifeline from the Thai Finance Ministry so they can keep employees whist their planes remain on the ground. Thailand’s aviation industry has been suspending most of their international and domestic services for a week.

The airlines include Thai Smile (he budget offshoot of Thai Airways), Thai AirAsia, Thai Lion Air, Nok Air, Bangkok Airways, Thai Vietjet Air and Thai AirAsia X (their international carrier from Thai ports).

The executive chairman of Asia Aviation (the largest shareholder of Thai AirAsia), Tassapon Bijleveld, told Bangkok Post that the 7 airlines had reached an agreement to request the financial aid in the wake of the virus outbreak which all but obliterated air traffic in, around and out of Thailand.

The airlines hope to secure the financial package when they meet with the Finance Minister on Monday when they’ll discuss long-term loans, an increase in their liquidity, and subsidies on payroll. Last week Airports of Thailand offered a 50% cut in parking charges for the grounded fleets.

Yesterday, Thai AirAsia announced cancellations for all domestic flights starting from April 1 for a month. The decision follows all international flights being suspended a week before.

Only 10 of the 63 Air Asia planes have been in use in recent weeks. In April, the entire fleet will be grounded because of global travel restrictions.

The losses in the airline business will be massive and will likely take years to recover, if ever, and many airlines won’t re-appear at all.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / Covid important Information

Post by mathusalah80 » March 28, 2020, 6:36 pm

Presuming a person is actually showing worrying symptoms of the Virus, where is the, (Government approved), CV19 Test Centre, (or centres), situated in Udonthani, and the telephone number, please?
Thank you.

pal52
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / Covid important Information

Post by pal52 » March 28, 2020, 6:58 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:
March 28, 2020, 6:36 pm
Presuming a person is actually showing worrying symptoms of the Virus, where is the, (Government approved), CV19 Test Centre, (or centres), situated in Udonthani, and the telephone number, please?
Thank you.
Vincemunday posted a couple of days ago.

For Thais 1422'

For Falang 0968478209

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 28, 2020, 7:08 pm

"The losses in the airline business will be massive and will likely take years to recover, if ever, and many airlines won’t re-appear at all."

so they will just take the publics money to make sure their millionaire owners dont get hit in the pocket, and fold the company anyway so they dont need to look after their workers =D> =D>

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 28, 2020, 7:20 pm

Surely we need airlines, agreed we shouldn't bail out Virgin etc but national carriers? I'm not sure we can just let them all fold.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 28, 2020, 7:29 pm

State owned national carriers OK .............. any privately owned carriers should be "bailed out" by the same people who have been happy to take the profits during the "good years"
If they want to be bailed out by taxpayer money they hand over the assets to the taxpayers

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 28, 2020, 7:31 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 28, 2020, 7:29 pm
State owned national carriers OK .............. any privately owned carriers should be "bailed out" by the same people who have been happy to take the profits during the "good years"
If they want to be bailed out by taxpayer money they hand over the assets to the taxpayers
Good God Stats, we actually agree on something, it had to happen someday i suppose!
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 28, 2020, 7:48 pm

vincemunday wrote:
March 28, 2020, 7:31 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
Good God Stats, we actually agree on something, it had to happen someday i suppose!
Go on . gotta be worth an emoji

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 28, 2020, 8:05 pm

Yep ..... bail out the state carriers, and let the private/public companies die.

You can look forward to double or triple fares when wanting to visit Blighty/Oz/Yankland etc etc in the absence of any competition.

Stop patting each other on the back, and think it through.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 28, 2020, 8:17 pm

Thought it through ........... used privatised rail industry as a guide which proves we were right Fares far higher than they should be so as owners can pocket money that should be re invested to provide a better service

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 28, 2020, 8:18 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
Correct

There is no guarantee that if you bail the Private Airline Companies out with Taxpayer monies that they (the Private Airline Companies) will offer you reasonably priced fares in the future. Either way you pay with your Tax Dollars up front now (if you bail them out) or you pay next time you buy an Airline Ticket when all this Sh...t is over.

Companies fold all the time and new ones eventually pop up to replace them, if the market conditions are right and the opportunity to make money is there. Often the new companies are better managed than those that have folded. \:D/

One thing is for sure, there will be an abundance of Planes available for Lease, after all this is over =D> =D> If the lease costs are cheap, I might even lease my own \:D/ \:D/ :lol:

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 28, 2020, 8:29 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 28, 2020, 8:17 pm
Thought it through ...........
....... I don't think you have.

How many different operators have trains running, and competing, on those tracks?

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”