Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 8, 2021, 8:05 am

papafarang wrote:
April 8, 2021, 7:24 am

It would have been faster to give him the link than to type don't be lazy :lol:
That is your opinion.

Hear is the information for those who can’t be bothered.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on April 8, 2021, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 8, 2021, 8:12 am

In the wake of the EMA's findings, the United Kingdom's vaccine advisory board has said all people under 30 will now be offered alternative vaccines like Pfizer and Moderna.

So not a real problem but!!!

"They're finding about 1 in 200,000 or 5 per million people getting this issue and about 1 in 4 of those are dying," he said.

"So it's a serious effect but extremely rare.

Under-30s won't get the AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK. Where does this leave Australia?
Australian health regulators must now decide whether young people should be given the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, after UK authorities decided that under-30s should be given alternative jabs.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 8, 2021, 8:17 am

Kinda off interesting that the reported problem was with women between 45 and 55

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 8, 2021, 9:05 am

With a mortality rate of 0.0004% that's variously linked to health impairments and/or blood clots in "healthy 18- to 29-year-olds" and/or "45 to 55 year-old women" and/or "pregnant women", as the older, male coffin dodger, would you decide NOT to get the AZ shot?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 8, 2021, 9:56 am

tamada wrote:
April 8, 2021, 9:05 am
With a mortality rate of 0.0004% that's variously linked to health impairments and/or blood clots in "healthy 18- to 29-year-olds" and/or "45 to 55 year-old women" and/or "pregnant women", as the older, male coffin dodger, would you decide NOT to get the AZ shot?
I would choose to get the AZ vaccine if available and I was able to select one.

There is not enough information to suggest that any other vaccines are any safer or more dangerous for SWMBO. The information that is available makes it clear that being vaccinated is orders of magnitude safer than catching covid19. At the moment I will not advise her on a choice, though she probably would like me to. If/when more data becomes available I may advise.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 8, 2021, 10:01 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 8, 2021, 9:56 am
tamada wrote:
April 8, 2021, 9:05 am
I would choose to get the AZ vaccine if available and I was able to select one.

There is not enough information to suggest that any other vaccines are any safer or more dangerous for SWMBO. The information that is available makes it clear that being vaccinated is orders of magnitude safer than catching covid19. At the moment I will not advise her on a choice, though she probably would like me to. If/when more data becomes available I may advise.
Me too. I haven't asked the exceptionally young, exceedingly beautiful and superbly talented Mrs tam what her choice would be as that's entirely up to her. However, I would be interested if only to find out what sort of international news is being noted up here.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 8, 2021, 10:08 am

Exclusive: Britain will achieve herd immunity on Monday

UCL modelling says number of people with protection either through vaccination or previous infection will hit 73.4 per cent on April 12.

Alternate headline:

Bojo pulls the fat from the fire.

Lucky boy.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... ld-monday/

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 8, 2021, 10:21 am

i certainly would not trust the Chinese Sinovac or the Russion Sputnik vaccines .
If they were the only choice , i would do what ive been doing till now , be observant and careful whilst out and about , and carry on taking my chances .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 8, 2021, 10:52 am

tamada wrote:
April 8, 2021, 10:08 am

UCL modelling says number of people with protection either through vaccination or previous infection will hit 73.4 per cent on April 12.

Alternate headline:

Lucky boy.

It might have reached herd immunity but lots will still get sick and some of those will still die

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 8, 2021, 10:57 am

noosard wrote:
April 8, 2021, 10:52 am
tamada wrote:
April 8, 2021, 10:08 am

Alternate headline:

Lucky boy.

It might have reached herd immunity but lots will still get sick and some of those will still die
Same-same influenza then.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 8, 2021, 11:41 am

You cant say that

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 8, 2021, 1:29 pm

noosard wrote:
April 8, 2021, 11:41 am
You cant say that
But... I just did.

People, especially older people can die from influenza. I recall it was the U.S.'s biggest single killer in the regular flu season immediately before C-19 got star billing. That fact was quickly grabbed by the fake coronavirus fan club when comparing deadness in apples and oranges terms.

Herd immunity isn't the free pass that some less scrupulous politicians use as a carrot dangled before the populace that voted for them just because they thought they would do a better job than the other munters.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 8, 2021, 1:52 pm

No News or any information yet from Thai officials concerning the vaccine used on the BKK monks that were hospitalized with one dying ?. Why are they not informing the public which vaccine they used ?. I hope any members on here who is thinking of paying a hefty price from a private institution for the Astra Zeneca are getting that and not the cheap Chinese or Sputnik jab that has hardly been tested.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 8, 2021, 7:14 pm

There has been some recent controversy around the AZ vaccine, vlad.

I guess you haven't noticed that. :confused:

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 8, 2021, 8:47 pm

Yes i have jack but 17 deaths out of 33 million so far innoculated is neglible compared to the death rate we have endured since Covid hit us. I believe the vaccine has not been proven that the death from blood clots has been responsible due to the astra zeneca vaccine.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 9, 2021, 7:33 am

We forget we are biological entities , generally we will all experience the same problems following a vaccination, however as we are all individuals, that may not be a reason to slam one vaccine over the other. I know of at least two occasions when a fellow colleague in the Forces had a reaction to a jab that the vast majority of us had had with zero ill-effects, it meant that that soldier could not go where we all went ( overseas ) .
Also as foreigners we are probably more vaccinated than the locals, I know I went through a vaccination regime before I came here to top up most of my vaccinations as a just in case scenario.
Keep informed and yes I would take the AZ vaccine in a heartbeat as well as the Phizer or Moderna vaccines.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 9, 2021, 9:52 am

vlad wrote:
April 8, 2021, 8:47 pm
Yes i have jack but 17 deaths out of 33 million so far innoculated is neglible compared to the death rate we have endured since Covid hit us. I believe the vaccine has not been proven that the death from blood clots has been responsible due to the astra zeneca vaccine.
Stop avoiding the point and tell us more about these dangerous Russian and Chinese shots and how private hospitals in Thailand may swap them with out with the quality AZ stuff and cheat the unsuspecting farangs living here.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 9, 2021, 1:12 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 9, 2021, 7:33 am
We forget we are biological entities , generally we will all experience the same problems following a vaccination, however as we are all individuals, that may not be a reason to slam one vaccine over the other. I know of at least two occasions when a fellow colleague in the Forces had a reaction to a jab that the vast majority of us had had with zero ill-effects, it meant that that soldier could not go where we all went ( overseas ) .
The first part of that disagrees with the second. Also is fundamentally wrong, if it were correct then the large scale stage 3 trials and massive stage 4 feedback would have no purpose.

Yes we are biological entities. No we will not generally all experience the same problems following a vaccination. Because we are all subtly different

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 9, 2021, 1:46 pm

Tamada inform me where i said hospitals in Thailand could switch vaccines you said tell us why Private Thailand Hospitals would swap vaccines. Where did i say private Hospitals?? I saud private Institutions. These could private clinics or a privatly run health center who have privatly bought the astra Zeneca vaccine, and in the thai goverments own admission they can set there own price. These establishments are financially buisnesses and like most where money can be made in Thailand they will happily empty your wallet. There's the golden egg for charging a lot of money for a wealthy Expat to think they have just had there Zeneca or phizer vaccine when its possible they can get away with using a cheap vaccine? Who is going to know unless you pay again to identiy the vaccine you payed for. As for your comment about the Russian or Chinese vaccine look no further then your mate jackspratt who has posted he does not trust these 2 vaccines. Finally why are the Thai health ministers concealing the name of the vaccine that the BKK monks were hospitalised with, including the Monk who died,did they innoculate the monks with a cheap vaccine that they now know could damage the image of there covid prevention and cure.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 9, 2021, 9:48 pm

vlad wrote:
April 9, 2021, 1:46 pm
..... As for your comment about the Russian or Chinese vaccine look no further then your mate jackspratt who has posted he does not trust these 2 vaccines.....
Really :shock:

Where have I posted that, vlad? :-k

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”