Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 734
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by Whistler » March 21, 2020, 6:24 pm

A policeman from BKK was visiting his wife in village near Kut Chap, he was at the notorious Thai Boxing venue. He was transferred from Kut Chap hospital to Udon Thani this morning and he has tested positive, condition unknown at this point.

I heard about this earlier today but waited for the test results to be disclosed to his family.


watching in horror

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 11402
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by jackspratt » March 21, 2020, 7:35 pm

Where did you hear about this?

Is there any credible confirmation?

It is important, because unconfirmed village rumours are not helpful in this sort of situation, and you have form.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 734
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by Whistler » March 21, 2020, 7:43 pm

Agree jack. Multiple sources, but our two families are close. The worst element was he attended a wedding with his wife before symptoms showed up.

Well known in Kut Chap, the lady in the hardware store told me this morning, but my wife already knew. I think news will be released overnight.
watching in horror

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 1969
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by noosard » March 21, 2020, 7:52 pm

It is all the buzz in Kut Chap it self ( Ban Pierre)

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 11402
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by jackspratt » March 21, 2020, 7:56 pm

Let's have a Bex and a lie down, and see what is reported in the morning.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 734
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by Whistler » March 21, 2020, 8:00 pm

Gee Jack you are going a long way back with this one. Got your cup of Billy Tea in front of you?
watching in horror

anefarious1
udonmap.com
Posts: 162
Joined: October 9, 2014, 4:36 am

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by anefarious1 » March 21, 2020, 8:26 pm

I would imagine that someone could be in a lot of trouble, especially here in Thailand, if this Kut Chap case doesn't materialize publicly. Whether it's true or not, is it wise to post this? I'm really not sure why a person would put out this type of unconfirmed, unsubstantiated claim during such a sensitive time. Avid gossiper? Aspiring journalist? No wait! I get it... You are a whistleblower hence the name Whistler!

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9522
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by parrot » March 21, 2020, 9:31 pm

So at least 10 people in a crowd of boxing enthusiasts who were probably slugging lao kao and slinging 20/100/500/1000 baht notes as the fight progressed. Those 10 (or more likely more) go home and their family members go to the market and others return to work on Monday. All of a sudden, Kud Chap isn't in the middle of nowhere.
But, because I have the option of continuing to paint our daughter's kitchen cabinets or search for news about Kud Chap......I'll probably do the later and report my findings here.
Stay safe, everyone.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 734
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by Whistler » March 21, 2020, 10:02 pm

watching in horror

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9522
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by parrot » March 21, 2020, 10:29 pm

a quick search of Kud Chap and Covid on Thai websites didn't come up positive.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4880
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 21, 2020, 10:56 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 21, 2020, 7:35 pm
Where did you hear about this?

Is there any credible confirmation?

It is important, because unconfirmed village rumours are not helpful in this sort of situation, and you have form.
Totally agree ..

We were told the Nongers to Laos bridge was closed .. errr not so as a customer came over this morning n back late afternoon ... more rumours without confirmation.

If the hardware store lady said it must be cast iron info !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4880
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 21, 2020, 11:25 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 21, 2020, 7:43 pm
Agree jack. Multiple sources, but our two families are close. The worst element was he attended a wedding with his wife before symptoms showed up.

Well known in Kut Chap, the lady in the hardware store told me this morning, but my wife already knew. I think news will be released overnight.
Already confirmed .. this from the hospital via newsletter im assuming it will go live onto the local news networks n internet very soon.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9522
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by parrot » March 22, 2020, 7:02 am

The latest from Udon.......several hours ago.
Reporters from Udon Thani reported that on March 21, 2020, the Public Health Emergency Response Center in Udon Thani reported that Udon Thani has no patients with Coronary Infection 2019 or Covid-19. A total of 1,765 people have increased from yesterday, 62 people have detained at home for 14 days and 941 people and still detained at home 824 people found that the group Yong with fever There were 109 cases detected, 95 were not found. 14 were waiting for the results, while 545 travelers from Korea still detained another 259.
https://www.thairath.co.th/news/local/northeast/1800806

User avatar
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com
Posts: 2636
Joined: July 10, 2005, 8:53 am
Location: Ban Dung or Perth W.A.

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 22, 2020, 7:45 am

jackspratt wrote:
March 21, 2020, 7:35 pm
Where did you hear about this?

Is there any credible confirmation?

It is important, because unconfirmed village rumours are not helpful in this sort of situation, and you have form.
It's identified in the map link you emailed to me.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 734
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by Whistler » March 22, 2020, 8:39 am

confirmed on Thai language news today, the site is called 'Udon Thani Update'

the village near Kut Chap is called Sok Kae. Word in the area spread as expected very rapidly ahead of the more public disclosure, so despite DM's snide comment about the lady in the hardware store she was one of many, many.

The Tapioca factory near Huang Leung Dam, and the concrete pole factory on the same Rd sent everybody from that village home yesterday morning who was from that village. The village has gone into voluntary lockdown.

https://www.facebook.com/udonthaniupdate/
watching in horror

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4880
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 22, 2020, 9:05 am

Whistler wrote:
March 22, 2020, 8:39 am
confirmed on Thai language news today, the site is called 'Udon Thani Update'

the village near Kut Chap is called Sok Kae. Word in the area spread as expected very rapidly ahead of the more public disclosure, so despite DM's snide comment about the lady in the hardware store she was one of many, many.

The Tapioca factory near Huang Leung Dam, and the concrete pole factory on the same Rd sent everybody from that village home yesterday morning who was from that village. The village has gone into voluntary lockdown.
Read my post after the one containing as you say the snide comment , this actually confirming and agreeing what you and the iron lady said .... btw not snide a small jest ... play on words .. lighten up im sure your career in journalism will go far or who knows udons very own inspector Clooso... another quip dont take it too seriously :lol:



DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 1969
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by noosard » March 22, 2020, 10:21 am

Reports this policeman travelled by bus from Bangkok, was sick on the bus
Went to hospital Kut Chap got pills felt better so visited friends , wedding and chook fight
Felt sick again so went back hospital

Closer to home he is known to have visited 2 villages only 4 and 6 kms away from here

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 1969
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by noosard » March 22, 2020, 10:23 am

This policemans wife is believed to work in 7/11 and her friend at tesco

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 734
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by Whistler » March 22, 2020, 10:42 am

noosard wrote:
March 22, 2020, 10:23 am
This policemans wife is believed to work in 7/11 and her friend at tesco
That is correct, she worked at the 7/11 near the market, not the one in the PTT.
watching in horror

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 734
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: Covit 19 in Kut Chap

Post by Whistler » March 22, 2020, 10:53 am

anefarious1 wrote:
March 21, 2020, 8:26 pm
I would imagine that someone could be in a lot of trouble, especially here in Thailand, if this Kut Chap case doesn't materialize publicly. Whether it's true or not, is it wise to post this? I'm really not sure why a person would put out this type of unconfirmed, unsubstantiated claim during such a sensitive time. Avid gossiper? Aspiring journalist? No wait! I get it... You are a whistleblower hence the name Whistler!
As early as this morning, the government was denying this case. Information is not dangerous.

If you had been in Kut Chap recently, visited the 7/11 or Tesco you would be much more alert and much more cautious. On that basis I shared this information. You should if exposed, self isolate as my family visited both outlets.

We have self isolated
watching in horror

Post Reply

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”