dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by dunroaming » December 10, 2020, 12:01 am

AlexO wrote:
December 9, 2020, 5:51 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
December 9, 2020, 3:32 pm
Hi, I just don't know how anyone can accurately predict the likely numbers of Tourist and how long each will stay on average, at this time. Particularly when you don't even know the exact rules under which they will need to enter and also which Country that Tourist is likely to originate from. It's just too early to forecast the 2021 yearly Tourist number, at this stage, in my view. :-k

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/119596 ... paign=news

Then there is Hope [-o< [-o<

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/119595 ... paign=news

pipoz4444
Have to agree. Who is going to come on holiday to a Country that has closed down its tourist infrastructure, is imposing draconian quarantine requirements (rightly IMHO) on tourists at huge costs for effectively 2 weeks in jail and then a 2 week holiday where you are constantly monitored (parole) Then God only knows what you are faced with when you return home. I do believe that 2021 will also be a write off as far as International Tourism is concerned except maybe a few 1000's from local adjacent Countries, but that will be the extent of it.
Stupid me 🤣

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 10, 2020, 5:54 am

dunroaming wrote:
December 10, 2020, 12:01 am
AlexO wrote:
December 9, 2020, 5:51 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
December 9, 2020, 3:32 pm
Hi, I just don't know how anyone can accurately predict the likely numbers of Tourist and how long each will stay on average, at this time. Particularly when you don't even know the exact rules under which they will need to enter and also which Country that Tourist is likely to originate from. It's just too early to forecast the 2021 yearly Tourist number, at this stage, in my view. :-k

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/119596 ... paign=news

Then there is Hope [-o< [-o<

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/119595 ... paign=news

pipoz4444
Have to agree. Who is going to come on holiday to a Country that has closed down its tourist infrastructure, is imposing draconian quarantine requirements (rightly IMHO) on tourists at huge costs for effectively 2 weeks in jail and then a 2 week holiday where you are constantly monitored (parole) Then God only knows what you are faced with when you return home. I do believe that 2021 will also be a write off as far as International Tourism is concerned except maybe a few 1000's from local adjacent Countries, but that will be the extent of it.
Stupid me 🤣
With a Thai wife, 2 bloody great big dogs, 2 houses and 14 fridge/freezers your hardly classed as a tourist DR!!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 15, 2020, 11:31 am

Which is the lesser of the two evils

Creating a Long Weekend Holiday, enticing locals to travel for the sake of boosting domestic tourism - in the absence of international tourism when not allowing Foreigners to return, arguably to save Thai lives
or
Allowing Foreigners to return in mass, and arguably increasing the risk of Thai’s dying from Covid-19

The weekend of 10-13 December 2020 has managed to do in 4 days (67 Deaths), what Covid -19 couldn’t do in 9 months (60 Deaths). That is not to say that some of the 67 would have died anyway from something else, even without the help pf the long weekend.
Link: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/119672 ... paign=news

In late November another 139 were also killed over that long weekend.
Link: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-de ... -accidents

In early September another 59 were also killed over that long weekend

Some might argue the two issues are unrelated, but equally, I am sure that had some of these 67, 139 or 59 stayed home, then they could have hung around longer to die from Covid 19 or something else, (liver disease) later.

Also to put it in another perspective, about 150,000 plus, people die each day in the World for a from a variety of circumstance (Cardiovascular disease, cancer, respiratory disease, Dementia and the like). The Worldwide number of deaths attributed to Covid-19 on 11 December 2020, was 13,141 deaths for that day, less than 9 % of total world deaths

So what are we really worried about. Death is a certainly and we start dying the minute after we are born (or words to that effect) :-k

The Link below shows the Birth per day, Deaths and resultant Net Population Growth per day
https://www.worldometers.info/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 15, 2020, 11:55 am

67 in 4 days is actually below the average road death rate for Thailand
So this last 4 day break is a winner as long as you not one of the dead

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 15, 2020, 12:01 pm

noosard wrote:
December 15, 2020, 11:55 am
67 in 4 days is actually below the average road death rate for Thailand
So this last 4 day break is a winner as long as you not one of the dead
That's one way of looking at who the the Winners and Losers are.

Chances are that, those who survive the roads on this long weekend, will go out in style on the next long weekend

pipoz4444

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 15, 2020, 12:04 pm

Another step forward for Thailand. It appears that the visa-exempt entry has been reactivated. Some have suggested that this wouldn't happen which was commonly touted by the 'they don't like us here' brigade as another justification for their own xenophobia.

Of course all the CoE and ASQ malarkey still applies but for me, a glass half-full guy, this is the sort of "positive" that's been missing for a while.

PS: This is from only one Thai Embassy and Consulate so better do your own searching.
visa_exempt.jpg

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 15, 2020, 12:32 pm

I read in the Bangkok Post on Saturday that the visa exempt was being extended to 45 days to compensate for the ASQ.
Can’t find the link now
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » December 15, 2020, 12:41 pm

Good day. Maybe this is the link you are looking for.
Stay safe.
Have a great day.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... to-cabinet

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 15, 2020, 2:38 pm

Niggly wrote:
December 15, 2020, 12:32 pm
I read in the Bangkok Post on Saturday that the visa exempt was being extended to 45 days to compensate for the ASQ.
Can’t find the link now
The add-on 14 days for ASQ appears to await formal promulgation but I reckon it's a done deal.

In other news, the "permit to stay formerly known as the visa amnesty" still runs through to 29th January. AFAIK, there hasn't been any recent mention of this being extended or otherwise... officially or otherwise. Those "stranded" here that haven't got their volunteer visas yet and are hoping for another 60-day 'free pass' until the vaccine cures the world are really milking it IMHO. I'm glad I formalized my 1-year right of abode. I'm getting too old for all that ragged-edge stuff (but I don't tell Mrs tam that).

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 15, 2020, 4:26 pm

the-monk wrote:
December 15, 2020, 12:41 pm
Stay safe.
Have a great day.
Thanks for the link, t-m.

I doubt that an extra 15 days is going to be persuasive enough to attract tourists who will still be subject to quarantine, insurance, and other requirements.

If you want a chuckle, read the comments to the article. Most of the commenters on the BP (not just this article) make the UM cohort look like walk up starters for Mensa membership.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » December 15, 2020, 5:18 pm

That's a lot of hoops to jump through for a vacation. I personally would not even consider going through all that.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 15, 2020, 5:47 pm

"The Worldwide number of deaths attributed to Covid-19 on 11 December 2020, was 13,141 deaths for that day, less than 9 % of total world deaths" pipoz4444

So just imagine if there was no Covid, more than 13,100 people each day would live to see tomorrow. Thats around 92,000 people a week or nearly 395,000/month worldwide who do not die. Hardy insignificant figures are they.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 15, 2020, 6:53 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 15, 2020, 4:26 pm
the-monk wrote:
Stay safe.
Have a great day.

I doubt that an extra 15 days is going to be persuasive enough to attract tourists who will still be subject to quarantine, insurance, and other requirements.

If you want a chuckle, read the comments to the article. Most of the commenters on the BP (not just this article) make the UM cohort look like walk up starters for Mensa membership.
I've always wondered what planet the creatures that post their comments and opinions on the Bangkok Post's news items come from. Whadya reckon, Mars or Uranus?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 15, 2020, 6:59 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
December 15, 2020, 5:18 pm
That's a lot of hoops to jump through for a vacation. I personally would not even consider going through all that.
With another 33 million in London and the "sarf east" going into Tier 3 lockdown, I reckon a 45-day chillax in Thailand would look very tasty. They could meet the love of their lives or retire, get an extension while the imported funds season appropriately then get the long-stay visa with far less paperwork and proof than they would have to back home.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 15, 2020, 7:13 pm

the-monk wrote:
Stay safe.
Have a great day.
That’s the one, thanks 👍
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 16, 2020, 4:35 am

tamada wrote:
December 15, 2020, 6:53 pm
jackspratt wrote:
December 15, 2020, 4:26 pm
the-monk wrote:
Stay safe.
Have a great day.

I've always wondered what planet the creatures that post their comments and opinions on the Bangkok Post's news items come from. Whadya reckon, Mars or Uranus?
Uranus is the domain of UM posters leaving one of the rogue moons of Neptune or Saturn to house their counterparts on the Bangkok Post.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 16, 2020, 10:58 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
December 15, 2020, 11:31 am
Which is the lesser of the two evils

Creating a Long Weekend Holiday, enticing locals to travel for the sake of boosting domestic tourism - in the absence of international tourism when not allowing Foreigners to return, arguably to save Thai lives
or
Allowing Foreigners to return in mass, and arguably increasing the risk of Thai’s dying from Covid-19

The weekend of 10-13 December 2020 has managed to do in 4 days (67 Deaths), what Covid -19 couldn’t do in 9 months (60 Deaths). That is not to say that some of the 67 would have died anyway from something else, even without the help pf the long weekend.
Link: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/119672 ... paign=news

In late November another 139 were also killed over that long weekend.
Link: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-de ... -accidents

In early September another 59 were also killed over that long weekend

Some might argue the two issues are unrelated, but equally, I am sure that had some of these 67, 139 or 59 stayed home, then they could have hung around longer to die from Covid 19 or something else, (liver disease) later.

Also to put it in another perspective, about 150,000 plus, people die each day in the World for a from a variety of circumstance (Cardiovascular disease, cancer, respiratory disease, Dementia and the like). The Worldwide number of deaths attributed to Covid-19 on 11 December 2020, was 13,141 deaths for that day, less than 9 % of total world deaths

Staggering statistics from an Ubon Ratchathani accident site online said that 94 people had been reported dead in 24 hours from midnight to midnight on Monday.

Thaivisa notes that some of these may have been late reports from the long weekend but it is still an abnormally high figure even for a Monday.

The site said that 3,311 were reported injured in the same period.

Of the 94 dead 78 were motorcyclists and 16 were in cars.

There were 89 Thais killed and 5 foreigners.

Ninety one were adults and three were children under 15.

This brought the year's total to 14,492 dead on Thai roads and 952,271 injured.

So what are we really worried about. Death is a certainly and we start dying the minute after we are born (or words to that effect) :-k

The Link below shows the Birth per day, Deaths and resultant Net Population Growth per day
https://www.worldometers.info/

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 20, 2020, 3:32 pm

We have been told, that the first batch of the Pfizer vaccine will arrive where I am, before the end of this month and that priority will be given to the elderly and those with chronic diseases and to the frontline workers.

If so, my age group (sort of Elderly), should put somewhere in that first batch, with a chance of receiving shot No 1, by end of January 2021 \:D/ \:D/. One can only hope, assuming the first batch caters for around 100,000 or so.

pipoz4444

mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » December 20, 2020, 9:56 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
December 20, 2020, 3:32 pm
If so, my age group (sort of Elderly), should put somewhere in that first batch, with a chance of receiving shot No 1, by end of January 2021 . One can only hope, assuming the first batch caters for around 100,000 or so.

pipoz4444
The time scale published in my area says UK target is -
1st no later than/2nd no later than
80 and over 27th Dec 24th Jan
75 and over 3rd Jan 31st Jan
70 and over + vunerable 13th Feb 7th Mar
65 and over 22nd Feb 15th Mar
16 - 64 with health issues 28th Feb 22nd Mar
60 and over 31st Mar 19th April
55 and over 10th April 30th April
50 and over 22nd April 12th May

Add 2 weeks to fully take affect after your 2nd Jab and you can have an idea when you'll be released from this constant fear if catching it.

USA has a far more ambitious target (if Biden is to be believed) of 1,000,000 EVERY DAY !
That's some rate, one wonders where they will get the medical personnel from - which is the main thing dictating the UK's rate of injections.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 21, 2020, 10:54 am

So what comes next. One of these or an electronic version :drunk: :confused:

Covid 19 Immunity Passport.jpg
pipoz4444

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”