The source of the coronvirus??

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: The source of the coronvirus??

Post by tamada » February 10, 2021, 6:57 pm

noosard wrote:
February 10, 2021, 6:41 pm
Hendra virus is a virus that infects large fruit bats (flying foxes). Occasionally the virus can spread from flying foxes to horses and horses can then pass the infection on to humans. A small number of people who had very close contact with infected horses have developed Hendra virus infection

This one kills as well lucky not passed human to human
...yet.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 10, 2021, 7:22 pm

tamada wrote:
February 10, 2021, 6:57 pm
noosard wrote:
Hendra virus is a virus that infects large fruit bats (flying foxes). Occasionally the virus can spread from flying foxes to horses and horses can then pass the infection on to humans. A small number of people who had very close contact with infected horses have developed Hendra virus infection

...yet.
There is zero evidence of this happening, given the way the virus infects, this is very unlikely, so why speculate given zero evidence? Just another lame conspiracy speculation.

This site is full of similar statements, every single one has been debunked, do we need more of these BS posts?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 10, 2021, 7:42 pm

Debunked?

You mean like the Covid death in NBLP last April?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 10, 2021, 7:56 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 10, 2021, 7:22 pm
tamada wrote:
February 10, 2021, 6:57 pm
noosard wrote:

...yet.
There is zero evidence of this happening, given the way the virus infects, this is very unlikely, so why speculate given zero evidence? Just another lame conspiracy speculation.

This site is full of similar statements, every single one has been debunked, do we need more of these BS posts?
Dear Mr. W (alias Master Virologist), the argument/statement within Mr. Noosad's post, was stated/confirmed within a NSW Government Health Post, under the Hendra Virus Fact Sheet, so it would appear that Mr. Noosad's post is a legitimate Post and your response to Mr. Noosad's post, is the BS Post, or do you suddenly know more that the NSW Government

Extract from the NSW Government Fact Sheet

• Hendra virus is a virus that infects large fruit bats (flying foxes).
• Occasionally the virus can spread from flying foxes to horses and horses can then pass the infection on to humans. A small number of people who had very close contact with infected horses have developed Hendra virus infection.
• Hendra virus infection has been confirmed in two dogs on properties where horses had been infected with the Hendra virus. Neither dog was showing signs of illness.
• There is no evidence of Hendra virus occurring naturally in any other species.
• Hendra virus was discovered following an outbreak of illness in a large racing stable in the suburb of Hendra, Brisbane in 1994

How is it spread?
• It is thought that horses may contract Hendra virus infection from eating food recently contaminated by flying fox urine, saliva or birth products.
• The spread of Hendra virus between horses is possible whenever horses have close contact with body fluids from an infected horse.
• All confirmed human cases to date became infected following high level exposures to body fluids of an infected horse, such as doing autopsies on horses without wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, or being extensively sprayed with respiratory secretions.
• There is no evidence of human to human, bat to human, bat to dog, or dog to human transmission.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectiou ... 0infection.

Anyway, back to Covid-19 :D

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 10, 2021, 8:04 pm

Izzy whizzy lets get bizzy .. Pipozz done you like a kipper there wizza old chap ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRh_vgS2dFE

:lol:
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 10, 2021, 8:32 pm

An interesting Article written by Oxford Academic on SARS in May 2004

I wonder why they (the Virologist and Research Laboratories) did not pursue a more rigorous path towards identifying (with a high degree of certainty) the most probable Source of SARS and then target to develop an effective Vaccine or Treatment for it. One that may have them allowed them to better deal with Covid-19 in the initial stages of the pandemic. Or did they simply assume that SARS had disappeared forever?

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/38/10/1420/345616

pipoz4444

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 10, 2021, 9:42 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
February 10, 2021, 8:32 pm

I wonder why they (the Virologist and Research Laboratories) did not pursue a more rigorous path towards identifying (with a high degree of certainty) the most probable Source of SARS and then target to develop an effective Vaccine or Treatment for it. One that may have them allowed them to better deal with Covid-19 in the initial stages of the pandemic. Or did they simply assume that SARS had disappeared forever?

pipoz4444
2004? You have dug deep to explain a virus that emerged a decade and a half later. Relelvance....not a lot.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 10, 2021, 10:03 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 10, 2021, 8:04 pm
Izzy whizzy lets get bizzy .. Pipozz done you like a kipper there wizza old chap ..

Mr mau mau stop making a fool of yourself

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 10, 2021, 10:29 pm

tamada wrote:
February 10, 2021, 7:42 pm
Debunked?

Given the dr worked at the hospital with first hand experience, given that in the early days of the crisis regional hopitals did not have test kits, given they could only make a conclusion based on available information, given that you have absolutly zero knowledge of the case. Given that other posters on this site confirmed a ward was isolated etc

I would take the opinion of the doctor with first hand knowledge over your fact free opinion.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 11, 2021, 12:26 am

Whistler wrote:
February 10, 2021, 9:42 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:

pipoz4444
2004? You have dug deep to explain a virus that emerged a decade and a half later. Relelvance....not a lot.
:wave: :fryingpan:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 11, 2021, 5:24 am

Whistler wrote:
February 10, 2021, 10:29 pm
tamada wrote:
February 10, 2021, 7:42 pm
Debunked?

Given the dr worked at the hospital with first hand experience, given that in the early days of the crisis regional hopitals did not have test kits, given they could only make a conclusion based on available information, given that you have absolutly zero knowledge of the case. Given that other posters on this site confirmed a ward was isolated etc

I would take the opinion of the doctor with first hand knowledge over your fact free opinion.
Given that the doctor is a close family friend and all, well YOU would wouldn't you?

But in the cold light of day, it is exactly as you say, his opinion and only his opinion bereft as it is of any medical substantiation. Just another death in rural Thailand put down to the age-old acute respiratory illness of pneumonia.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 11, 2021, 5:42 am

Whistler wrote:
February 10, 2021, 9:42 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:

pipoz4444
If you read it in the context of lessons not learned, the quoted article is both interesting and relevant with striking parallels. Much more so than a rural doctor friend's best guess.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 11, 2021, 6:16 am

Whistler wrote:
February 10, 2021, 10:03 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

you mean ling mau

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 11, 2021, 6:36 am

noosard wrote:
February 11, 2021, 6:16 am
Whistler wrote:
February 10, 2021, 10:03 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

you mean ling mau
Not a drop of alcohol passed my lips yesterday as i arrived back in Udon by road .. i like a drink , i like to drive but not together... i may partake of some light refreshment later after ive been to the temple as Its the first day of the Chinese New Year.

Its called humour Whizza .. my way of implying after all your blustering about what such an upstanding principled guy you are that once Pippoz had nailed you bang to rights as WRONG a brief apology post or a simple SORRY may suffice

The use of my one of my fav songs was simply to soffen the blow to your ego. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back on topic ..the Chinese blocking the WHO investigation and then coming out with all the other BS about imported fruit being the cause speaks volumes ..tho im sure the WHO people on the ground could be bought off to say anything if need be.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 11, 2021, 7:52 am

I am glad to see that my conjecture was spot on, reason for the Viruses source undetermined , it is asa I said ongoing and will eventually be listed as an illness that a vaccination is required to alleviate the most serious of symptoms, but may NOT eradicate it completely.
The Flu and other illnesses that happen frequently due to being an Air-borne virus, will for the future with mankind, getting more crowded living in even greater built up areas, be problematical to deal with, so the rules emanating from this pandemic about personal hygiene and how to act in crowded places are probably the least of our worries . So the NEW NORMAL way of living emerges, from the ashes of this pandemic and we should thank ourselves that in fact we as a race have managed to identify, research and manage to make suitable vaccines which will lessen if not actually kill the virus inside us , thereby allowing us to be able to interact with our fellow man as far as is possible.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 11, 2021, 8:37 am

A probe into the origins of COVID-19 that raised doubts about the pandemic starting in China has been refuted by an Aussie scientist who was there.
An Australian virus expert who recently travelled to China to investigate the coronavirus pandemic is convinced it originated there.
NSW Health infectious diseases expert Professor Dominic Dwyer was part of the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) 14-strong virus investigation team which visited Wuhan for two weeks to study the outbreak’s source.
While the investigation did not definitively declare China as the source, Prof Dwyer, who is now in quarantine following his return to Australia, told Nine he believed COVID-19 “started in China”.

“I think the evidence for it starting elsewhere in the world is actually very limited. There is some evidence but it’s not really very good,” he said.

So the who junket tour of China has just divided their own investigation results

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 11, 2021, 8:55 am

Jeezus ....... comprehension is in short supply on this thread.

More from the slanted report quoted above:
The WHO team visited a number of placed linked to the initial outbreak, including the Huanan Seafood Market, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, the Hubei Province Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Hubei Provincial Hospital.
https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... c1fdd4fee0
No mention of the Great Wall, or the Three Gorges Dam. ;)

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 11, 2021, 9:10 am

"And it was sometimes difficult to understand how they came to certain conclusions, and there were differences of opinion over that."
ttps://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-11/australi ... e/13140456

Just for you Jack just different paper

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 11, 2021, 9:31 am

Thanks noos ..... but I had already read that far more (IMO) balanced report.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 11, 2021, 9:52 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 11, 2021, 8:55 am
Jeezus ....... comprehension is in short supply on this thread.

More from the slanted report quoted above:
The WHO team visited a number of placed linked to the initial outbreak, including the Huanan Seafood Market, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, the Hubei Province Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Hubei Provincial Hospital.
https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... c1fdd4fee0
No mention of the Great Wall, or the Three Gorges Dam. ;)
But they visited all these different places no doubt under Chinese "supervision" and were able to reach the earth shattering conclusion that Covid probably started somewhere in China but they have no idea where or how. All in a 2 week investigation period. Money well spent there.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”