A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Whistler » March 25, 2021, 4:16 pm

who is RC from NZ?

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 25, 2021, 4:41 pm

Barney wrote:
March 25, 2021, 4:13 pm
jackspratt wrote:
Barney wrote:
March 25, 2021, 9:55 am

The whole woman’s issue has been hijacked by certain individuals or groups with an agenda.
That would be women, I guess.

Seems they are no longer content to be kept barefoot and pregnant.
Correct
Mistake with my fingers on the phone.
And you know darn well that womEn in Australia have long past being thought of in your derogatory description. Not sure why you used that statement.
Perhaps to assist RC from NZ to troll with his usual ridiculous few word posts.
You seem to have missed my point, Barney.

I wasn't referring to your grammar - more so to the fact that it is the women who are taking control of this very serious issue.

Your suggestion that this is a hijack or an "agenda" is far more derogatory than my highlighting of an old trope.

93 doesn't need my assistance - he makes a very concise point, expanding on my "barefoot" etc.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » March 25, 2021, 5:04 pm

Hi Tamara/Whistler, between you can you come up with the precise identity of Brittany. Whilst you are at it, would you kindly give your expert opinion why Brittany accompanied a co-worker back to her place of employment at 1.50am on a Saturday morning whilst extremely affected by alcohol drugs. Feel free to denigrate the precise observations of the parliament security officer who documented what happened on the night. I am not slut shaming Ms Hughes/Higgins, she did it herself. For goodness sake, stop the pathetic maligning of a dance that takes two to tango.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 25, 2021, 5:12 pm

Jack, keep in mind Barney thinks the world of a mate that thinks rape is a humorous topic and girls that get raped are complicit. It's a mindset amongst some that deep down, have very little respect for women.

Look at the responses on here, no acknowledgment of any real problem, its all a leftist plot to rid the world of conservative politics. It's a political game, not a social problem.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 25, 2021, 5:21 pm

trekkertony wrote:
March 25, 2021, 5:04 pm
Hi Tamara/Whistler, between you can you come up with the precise identity of Brittany. Whilst you are at it, would you kindly give your expert opinion why Brittany accompanied a co-worker back to her place of employment at 1.50am on a Saturday morning whilst extremely affected by alcohol drugs. Feel free to denigrate the precise observations of the parliament security officer who documented what happened on the night. I am not slut shaming Ms Hughes/Higgins, she did it herself. For goodness sake, stop the pathetic maligning of a dance that takes two to tango.
A young girl who made a bad judgement while effected by alcohol deserves to be raped?

The girl was drunk so she asked for it? Shades of the Sydney Imam a few years ago that said girls who wore skimpy clothing were like uncovered meat and deserved to be raped.

Have you been reading the Koran?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 25, 2021, 5:23 pm

For anyone in doubt about what many, many women are campaigning against in Australia, just read trekkertony's antediluvian post above.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 25, 2021, 5:35 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 25, 2021, 5:23 pm
For anyone in doubt about what many, many women are campaigning against in Australia, just read trekkertony's antediluvian post above.
I suggest he send a copy of this post to his daughter in Newcastle, and to his GF here in Udon soliciting their opinions. His golfing buddy Mickojak, would of course agree, as of course would Mick's mate Barney.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 25, 2021, 6:54 pm

ON THIS DAY – 25th March

1846 – German explorer Ludwig Leichhardt arrived in Sydney to a hero's welcome after completing his exploration of Australia's Northern Territory.

1900 – The S.S. Glenelg was wrecked off the Victorian coast, resulting in 31 deaths.

1935 – An unnamed cyclone struck the northwest coast of Western Australia, killing 140 people.

1936 – Prime Minister Joseph Lyons opened the world’s longest submarine telephone and telegraph cable link, extending from mainland Australia to Tasmania.

1941 – The Women's Auxiliary Australian Air Force (WAAAF) was formed.

1990 – A bomb and poison attack was instigated against an Adelaide poultry processing plant.

1992 – The Great Southern Stand was opened at the MCG by Donald Cordner, then-President of the Melbourne Cricket Club.

Pictured:
Ludwig Leichhardt [1813–1848] (NLA) – Bottom Left
Prime Minister Joseph Lyons, 11 December 1936 (Australian Prime Ministers) – Bottom Right
WAAAF recruiting poster – Top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 25, 2021, 6:58 pm

On this day March 25, 2021 Barney ignored sexual assaults against young women in Australia and blamed the controversy on left wing loonies

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 25, 2021, 7:21 pm

trekkertony wrote:
March 25, 2021, 5:04 pm
Maybe better to ask the government office staffer (now fired but who still remains anonymous) why, after offering to get an inebriated Brittany Higgins home to her place, took her to Parliament House instead. Yes, he claims he wanted to "get something" but it wasn't what anyone thought.

Maybe better to ask the security staff that let drunk people enter Parliament House in the middle of the night why they did so. If they claim they have no right to deny them access, then maybe ask whoever is in charge of Parliament House policy in this regard why it's OK to allow drunk people wander in and out of the building.

Also better to ask him why he left her passed out, half-naked and probably full of his cum on a sofa in his bosses office while he buggered off home. Maybe he couldn't wake her up or maybe he simply didn't give a toss. I mean everyone takes their dates back to their office after midnight on a Friday for a shag don't they?

As for denigrating the security guard who, when she discovered the victim naked and passed out on a lounger, decided "I'd better let her sleep it off"... give me a friggin' break. This after learning from another security guard that the victim's male partner had departed the building "in a hurry" a few hours earlier.

You assert this isn't about slut shaming but you're giving it a good go anyway. The alleged victim has stepped up in the full glare of public, her name clearly identified and fully aware of the opprobrium that blokes who claim "it takes two to tango" or "she was asking for it" will heap on her.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » March 26, 2021, 3:28 am

I can speak to this issue based on personal experience. A colleague who, after work went to a licensed venue and whilst there met and started drinking with a group of ladies. One of them took a shine to my colleague and they eventually departed together and had a dalliance. This led to the lady arriving home late and when questioned by her partner, she stated she had been raped. A police report was made resulting in my colleague being charged with rape. Thankfully, the investigators were able to confirm via the venue’s CCTV system that the lady was clearly observed to be rubbing my colleague in the groin area on the outside of his clothing. The charge of rape was dismissed and she was subsequently charged and convicted with perjury. I guess the lesson l took from this is that not everything is as it seems.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 26, 2021, 6:46 am

^ Oh my goodness! The massage lady started rubbing my dick through my shorts totally uninvited. Against my will, a part of my body responded. One thing quickly led to another and... I feel so ashamed about this now but she raped me and I didn't even know it.

PS: Your post is not "personal experience" at all. It's purely anecdotal. Mine's personal though.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » March 26, 2021, 6:57 am

Whistler wrote:
March 25, 2021, 11:15 am
Hmmm.

If you look at what happened with the Brittany Hughes matter that triggered all of this, it is obvious that trying to have the matter dealt with and not going public, simply did not work. Brittany did approach the Minister responsible and the allegation was totally ignored. So she went public.
Many wonder why she did not simply go to the police immediately.
She obviously has some degree of education to be working there in the first place, and should be well aware of the law.
Why wait while any sign of evidence is completely gone and then basically do no better than "tell yer mate at the pub".

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 26, 2021, 7:53 am

ON THIS DAY – 26th March

1838 – George Grey discovered evidence to suggest other Europeans had explored Australia's northwest hinterland prior to white settlement. On 26 March 1838, and over the ensuing three days, he discovered numerous Aboriginal cave paintings near the head of the Glenelg River. Some of the figures depicted seemed to be wearing long garments, with helmets or hats. Another cave held an unusual painting of a non-Aboriginal man's figure, over 3m long, wearing a flowing reddish gown. Theories suggest that these paintings were early depictions of Portuguese or Spanish mariners or priests who may have visited the area long before any European settlement on the western coast.

1909 – Australian actor Chips Rafferty was born in Broken Hill.

1934 – The Flying Doctor Service announced that it will expand from Queensland into Western Australia.

1984 – The $100 note was put into circulation. Douglas Mawson and John Tebbutt were illustrated on the note.

2006 – The 2006 Commonwealth Games held in Melbourne closed. Australia won 84 gold, 69 silver and 68 bronze medals, the most of any competing nation.

Pictured:
Top Left: Painting of Sir George Grey by Daniel Louis Mundy 1860s (Wikimedia)
Top Right: Profile of human face head cut out in sandstone rock.
Bottom Middle: Figure drawn on side of Cave, discovered March 26th.
Bottom Right: Oval drawing in Cave, discovered March 26th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2021, 8:45 am

bluejets wrote:
March 26, 2021, 6:57 am
Whistler wrote:
Hmmm.

If you look at what happened with the Brittany Hughes matter that triggered all of this, it is obvious that trying to have the matter dealt with and not going public, simply did not work. Brittany did approach the Minister responsible and the allegation was totally ignored. So she went public.
She obviously has some degree of education to be working there in the first place, and should be well aware of the law.
Why wait while any sign of evidence is completely gone and then basically do no better than "tell yer mate at the pub".
Bluey,

I agree, but I don't know enough to understand what went through her mind. Maybe this will come out at some point as there is no doubt that the guy will go on trial.

As I said have said before on this site, evidence (fluids) alone do not prove a case. No doubt the argument will be about consent. Lets wait for the trial.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 26, 2021, 10:53 am

bluejets wrote:
March 26, 2021, 6:57 am
Whistler wrote:
Hmmm.

I think this has already been well-covered under the intense magnifying glass of scrutiny in the free press.

"Ms Higgins originally met with the AFP shortly after the incident but asked officers not to pursue an investigation in April 2019.

Last week she said she decided not to push forward with the complaint at the time because she was made to feel that it would affect her job.

But on Friday she revealed she would re-engage with police, saying she had "waited a long time for justice" and wanted the alleged perpetrator to "face the full force of the law""

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-24/ ... e/13189046

"The department which oversees Parliament House has confirmed incident reports after the alleged sexual assault of former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins in 2019 were not handed to police until two weeks after the incident.

Guardian Australia has been told the security incident report from the Department of Parliamentary Services was withheld initially from the Australian federal police, despite multiple requests, and was only provided after the police escalated inquiries."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -two-weeks

This is scrutiny she has openly invited and not shied away from by her public statements and pressing charges. There's probably a statute of limitations that could prevail here but that's a long, long way off.

I guess some people still can't get their head around the blokey culture wrought of male hegemony in the workplace. Not even the AFP apparently.

"The Australian Federal Police (AFP) took almost two years to inform the government about the alleged rape of a staffer in Parliament House, briefing Minister Peter Dutton just days before the story went public."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-24/ ... s/13188252

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 26, 2021, 3:35 pm

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 26, 2021, 3:48 pm

I love values

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 26, 2021, 4:52 pm

Austen Tayshus - Australiana

It takes a bit to keep up with him. You wouldn't want to be half cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StcXGhuliRk

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2021, 7:56 pm

trekkertony wrote:
March 26, 2021, 3:28 am
I can speak to this issue based on personal experience. A colleague who, after work went to a licensed venue and whilst there met and started drinking with a group of ladies. One of them took a shine to my colleague and they eventually departed together and had a dalliance. This led to the lady arriving home late and when questioned by her partner, she stated she had been raped. A police report was made resulting in my colleague being charged with rape. Thankfully, the investigators were able to confirm via the venue’s CCTV system that the lady was clearly observed to be rubbing my colleague in the groin area on the outside of his clothing. The charge of rape was dismissed and she was subsequently charged and convicted with perjury. I guess the lesson l took from this is that not everything is as it seems.
You had one mate falsely accused so this makes you an expert, that is not a personal experience, it is a second connection experience.

However, to use this to state categorically that it takes two to tango is so far out of court that it would be funny if the subject was not so serious. This second hand experience makes you an expert on what happened to Brittany Hughes? You have to be out of you mind. You are not an expert in rape, you have no first hand experience on the subject, your comments on this site seem to be saying there is no such thing as rape as 'it takes two to tango'. So Bilal Skaf and his brothers should be released as there is no such thing as forcible rape. Any young girl who has yet to learn how to handle alcohol is complicit in being raped, because she should have known better?

Like your mate mickojak, your views on rape are a disgrace

Have you told your daughter about these views?

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”