New research on Corona Virus. It's just another Flu

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: New research on Corona Virus. It's just another Flu

Post by tamada » November 1, 2020, 10:09 am

Kate Bingham, the U.K.'s chief of their vaccine task force has been painting a more honest and truthful picture of the efficacy of any vaccine since those heady days of Britain's "last summer". While first wave restrictions were being eased, people made the most of some self-styled right to have a European holiday and the notion of any second wave was disappeared from the national psyche, she wasn't touting any of the vaccine silver bullets that seem so popular with senior statesmen.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » November 1, 2020, 11:12 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
October 28, 2020, 3:59 pm
Here in the uk i was listening to the news and it's being reported that the people who have been infected and lived are showing signs that 25% of them are losing their anti bodies and are likely to be infected again.they were saying that we might have to have a vaccination every year like we do with the flu.also there are now reports of many people who recovered that have what they call long covid where they are suffering with all sorts of organ problems,sickness,and general Heath problems.i think this is still just the start of what's to come.
i think this is still just the start of what's to come.
..Agree 110%..

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » November 1, 2020, 9:46 pm

News here, U.S., today said a study shows people who have first received the current seasonal Flu shot had less severe symptoms when getting Covid. Thoughts were the response to Flu vaccine ramped up immune system.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 2, 2020, 6:42 am

Well it is all part of the same Coronavirus family, I expect some of its actions against humans will be the same, you can vaccinate yearly or not at all, learn to live with it or be in fear of it .
Its ongoing impact will be how we live and our personal actions to prevent infection . Most of us are lucky it has come at the latter end of our years . We have the time to assimilate the information and act accordingly .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 2, 2020, 9:21 am

The common cold is part of the coronavirus family not influenza
The flu vaccine does ramp up the immune system so like previously stated it may help against the covid

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 2, 2020, 10:13 am

My apologies Noosard is correct, herre is the info:
Influenza viruses belong to the family Orthomyxoviridae. The viral particles are about 80-120 nm in diameter and can be spherical or pleomorphic. They have a lipid membrane envelope that contains the two glycoproteins: hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA). These two proteins determine the subtypes of Influenza A virus.

Now we can go back to learning to live with Covid 19 ,

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”