New research on Corona Virus. It's just another Flu

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: New research on Corona Virus. It's just another Flu

Post by Doodoo » May 22, 2020, 7:12 pm

try
corona.help
For stats

If you want stats confirmed I doubt very much you would find anyone here in Udon to help you (well there are fellas that think they are Professionals but we really know they aint)

Other wise Google it yourself
Good Luck

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 22, 2020, 7:52 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 22, 2020, 7:12 pm
try
corona.help
For stats

If you want stats confirmed I doubt very much you would find anyone here in Udon to help you (well there are fellas that think they are Professionals but we really know they aint)

Good Luck
Don't forget that back in Feb/Mar the main concern for some was how unrealistically low the official, national infection rate and death numbers were and how incompetence and dishonesty prevailed along with the fashionable "OMG! They're still letting Chinese tourists in!"

This encouraged those who already have a perpetually low opinion of all things Thai to offer, "Well they aren't about to admit it if they had a fatality are they?"

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 23, 2020, 7:46 pm

tamada wrote:
May 22, 2020, 7:52 pm
Doodoo wrote:
May 22, 2020, 7:12 pm
try
corona.help
For stats

Good Luck
Don't forget that back in Feb/Mar the main concern for some was how unrealistically low the official, national infection rate and death numbers were and how incompetence and dishonesty prevailed along with the fashionable "OMG! They're still letting Chinese tourists in!"

This encouraged those who already have a perpetually low opinion of all things Thai to offer, "Well they aren't about to admit it if they had a fatality are they?"
Not Exactly.

I suspect that early days, without widespread testing, there were cases and deaths that were not capable of being correctly diagnosed, nor were there reporting systems in place to track a rapidly growing pandemic. Informal dissemination of COVID cases were likely to be ahead of official slow and formal reporting. Understandable.

That did not stop you being a d1ckhead and in your superior wisdom, slamming the informal sharing of information. You did so with no direct knowledge, just a desire to be an arrogant, superior know-it-all.

Proverbs 18.7
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 23, 2020, 8:36 pm

I share your suppositions in the first paragraph. We have no way of knowing how response, treatment, diagnosis was handled and how accurately cause of death was reported.

Your second paragraph doesn't quite jive when you were the one spreading unfounded and ultimately false rumor... sorry, informally sharing information about a Covid-19 death in Nongbua Lamphu that didn't happen.

Proverbs 20:19

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 23, 2020, 9:08 pm

tamada wrote:
May 23, 2020, 8:36 pm
I share your suppositions in the first paragraph. We have no way of knowing how response, treatment, diagnosis was handled and how accurately cause of death was reported.

Your second paragraph doesn't quite jive when you were the one spreading unfounded and ultimately false rumor... sorry, informally sharing information about a Covid-19 death in Nongbua Lamphu that didn't happen.

what a sad soul you are. Ultimately false? proof please, one teensy piece of proof, not a lot, just a tiny piece. Then I will show you some corroborating stuff, so be careful, you are on the cusp of confirming what many believe, you are full of it.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 23, 2020, 9:40 pm

Oh, and Tamada find you own biblical references and at least be innovative enough not to piggyback off mine

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 23, 2020, 10:38 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 23, 2020, 9:08 pm
tamada wrote:
May 23, 2020, 8:36 pm

what a sad soul you are. Ultimately false? proof please, one teensy piece of proof, not a lot, just a tiny piece. Then I will show you some corroborating stuff, so be careful, you are on the cusp of confirming what many believe, you are full of it.
You show me yours and I'll show you mine? Seriously?

It's not your bible BTW so don't flatter yourself. If you really knew the scriptures, you would already know why the Book of Proverbs is chock full of admonishing false witnesses... and ass hats like yourself.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 24, 2020, 7:38 am

All hat and no cattle, everybody knows that cowboy

Pathetic

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 16, 2020, 9:48 am

For those that still believe "It's just another Flu"
Covid-19 can leave the lungs of people who died from the disease completely unrecognisable, a professor of cardiovascular science has told parliament.

It created such massive damage in those who spent more than a month in hospital that it resulted in “complete disruption of the lung architecture”, said Prof Mauro Giacca of individual’s College London.........

...........“What you find in the lungs of people who have stayed with the disease for more than a month before dying is something completely different from normal pneumonia, influenza or the Sars virus,” he said. “You see massive thrombosis. There is a complete disruption of the lung architecture – in some lights you can’t even distinguish that it used to be a lung.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... xpert-says

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 16, 2020, 10:26 am

^ I think this is evidenced by the debate about whether ventilation works beyond a finite amount of time. Does anyone from the medical profession suggest that forced ventilation doesn't cause or at least exacerbate this damage? We can only assume that these hugely damaged lungs, coming from victims who had spent more than a month battling the virus before succumbing, must have been on ventilators at some time in their treatment?

Also the notable 50/50 call by Johnson's medical team as to whether he should have been ventilated. The Tories all prefer his more elaborate take that through his great inner fortitude and faith at his alleged "11th hour", he avoided the 'death by ventilator' option.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 10, 2020, 10:01 am

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 10, 2020, 5:20 pm

So what is the long term outlook for the population
This continued lockdowns??
Not just local but worldwide
This already has lead to mass unemployment
This Professor is so negative about antibodies not lasting so no herd immunity
If this is total true what the hell is a vaccine going to do

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 11, 2020, 7:18 am

This was my reply to a recent post stating that anti=bodies are the answer to this Virus ,

Antibodies are not by themselves the be all and end all of combating this virus, only a small part and with the vaccine again , no-one knows, what may appear to be successful now, may in the coming months need to be re-evaluated as the virus like the Flu may change yearly.

The players are still out and the answer is by no means certain . The flu does have a vaccine but only for a specific strain, should an older strain come sweeping back, we are all in for shock, however over the past century, HERD Immunity has grown to the extent that it will not be so dangerous as before .

People still get colds and flu, some bad, but most minor reactions , some get nothing ever, it is those people that should be studied as their genes, in built immunity will be a reason why they never get infected with Coronaviruses of any description , we or most of us in our 60' to mid 80's may never see a reliable vaccine for this particular strain ever, considering that since 1918 we only have a Flu vaccine for this years particular strain , older strains etc, there is NO Vaccine available until they realise it .

The First world countries in my estimation have a better chance as routinely children and many adults are vaccinated frequently against a myriad of diseases and illnesses we may come across, I remember while in the Military I was like a pin cushion on occasions going to far flung places on the globe.

This general mass vaccination does I am sure assist your body to fight off other illnesses, however due to scare and bad reporting and erroneous press reporting many have not had the vaccinations, and now we see a resurgence of things like Measles and other previously supposed eradication of some. Polio for example we have still not eradicated it .

It will take at least one to two years to perfect any sort of vaccine and that may only make the infection less harmful to the body , like the Flu vaccine .

As I said previously we have to learn to live with it , there is no Golden Bullet, no 100% answer to this problem , slowly but surely mankind will chip away at its shell and the virus will be consigned to one that will be unpleasant to catch but no longer life threatening, not in my lifetime I am sure, I may be wrong, hopefully. But I am not hedging my bets.

Since I wrote that there is a new study that suggests the Virus has mutated making it even more tranmitable

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 11, 2020, 8:48 am

I think you're "blessed" KP to be resident in Thailand. A chap your age wouldn't want to be in Blighty. Are you changing your thoughts on the Thais? They seem much sharper than the British.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 11, 2020, 5:43 pm

Your comments although refreshing, miss the point entirely, my general thoughts on Thais have not changed they are neither logical in their thought processes nor open to any criticism , however regarding this Virus they seem to have got the message unli9ke many in Western Countries and try to follow the basic rules , wtihout complaining too much , although locally you would be hard pressed to find a mask wearing Thai at the local market but they buy the food not me, so it is their risk .
Where I lived before coming here has a very low rate of transmission and cases and no deaths. But I always feel that protection and commonsense will win the day . Time will tell I am sure `

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 11, 2020, 6:58 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 11, 2020, 5:43 pm
............ my general thoughts on Thais have not changed they are neither logical in their thought processes nor open to any criticism .........
Congratulations on your self-reflection, and well overdue admission. KP. =D>

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 11, 2020, 7:05 pm

We are not in Kansas anymore toto

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 13, 2020, 7:53 pm

So how does this thread, based on a report from a fake news site which appears to no longer exist, hold up today?
Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at www.abc14news.com.
This site can’t be reachedwww.abc14news.com’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Not too well it would seem.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 26, 2020, 8:37 pm

Interesting to review early opinions.

Death rate of 1% has now proven to be 2.6%.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 28, 2020, 3:59 pm

Here in the uk i was listening to the news and it's being reported that the people who have been infected and lived are showing signs that 25% of them are losing their anti bodies and are likely to be infected again.they were saying that we might have to have a vaccination every year like we do with the flu.also there are now reports of many people who recovered that have what they call long covid where they are suffering with all sorts of organ problems,sickness,and general Heath problems.i think this is still just the start of what's to come.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”