udonmap.com

Re: Covid-19 no more lethal than FLU

Post by jackspratt » April 19, 2020, 6:31 pm

fatbob wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:25 pm
jackspratt wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:18 pm
Starts with an allusion to the 9/11 conspiracy. :confused:

Sorry folks - time to move on to something sensible.
So you didn't watch yet make a comment, ok.
You can waste your time watching conspiracy websites, coxo - I've got better things to do with my time.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 19, 2020, 6:36 pm

fatbob wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:15 pm

So this guy is false also?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwMLMXV ... =emb_share
Yep.

Dr Shiva - inventor of the internet (by his own description).

Also a Doctor of Philosophy, and has no medical qualifications. No doubt he is a very smart guy, but he has no place in discussions about the coronavirus epidemic.

Not to put too fine a point on it, he is full of -----.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva_Ayyadurai

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 19, 2020, 6:41 pm

Ayyadurai's undergraduate degree from MIT was in electrical engineering and computer science; he took a master's degree in visual studies from the MIT Media Laboratory on scientific visualization; concurrently, he completed another master's degree in mechanical engineering, also from MIT; and in 2007, he obtained a Ph.D. in biological engineering from MIT in systems biology, with his thesis focusing on modeling the whole cell by integrating molecular pathway models.[17][18][19] In 2007, he was awarded a Fulbright U.S. Student Program grant to study the integration of Siddha, a system of traditional medicine developed in South India, with modern systems biology.[20][17]

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 19, 2020, 6:45 pm

What did you master in or get a Ph.D in Jack, oh great one? You claim to be so knowledgeable...

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 19, 2020, 6:48 pm

I know this doesn’t fit your narrative but here’s a genuine report from a nurse in a UK hospital, I’m afraid I’d rather trust this woman than a prat dressed up as the Joker or you fatbob.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... r-11969330
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 19, 2020, 6:54 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:48 pm
I know this doesn’t fit your narrative but here’s a genuine report from a nurse in a UK hospital, I’m afraid I’d rather trust this woman than a prat dressed up as the Joker or you fatbob.

Sky News, Murdoch, good for you bud.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 19, 2020, 7:02 pm

A triage nurse against the absolute crap you’re posting? Yep, every time.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 19, 2020, 7:02 pm

fatbob wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:54 pm
vincemunday wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:48 pm

Sky News, Murdoch,
Nope.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 19, 2020, 7:04 pm

fatbob wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:45 pm
What did you master in or get a Ph.D in Jack, oh great one? You claim to be so knowledgeable...
Where did I claim to be so knowledgable, coxo?

However, I will claim to having a reasonably well tuned bullshiit detector ......... and it has been off the scale tonight. :D
Last edited by jackspratt on April 19, 2020, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 19, 2020, 7:07 pm

There’s a thousand like this, but they’re all talking rubbish because they don’t have their face painted like a clown and talk in a gravelly voice. Pffft!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 60301.html

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 19, 2020, 7:35 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 19, 2020, 7:07 pm
There’s a thousand like this, but they’re all talking rubbish because they don’t have their face painted like a clown and talk in a gravelly voice. Pffft!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 60301.html
What part of the nurses conversation did you disagree with? That is what I'm interested in. That started 50 seconds in.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 19, 2020, 7:39 pm

Fatbob, your post is ludicrous, please give it up, how many genuine accounts from UK nurses do you want? Just type “uk nurse Covid” into Google, I’m afraid your idiotic clown faced, crap talking narrator doesn’t cut it, at all, nor does your scramble voiced “nurse”.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 19, 2020, 7:46 pm

fatbob wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:41 pm
Ayyadurai's undergraduate degree from MIT was in electrical engineering and computer science; he took a master's degree in visual studies from the MIT Media Laboratory on scientific visualization; concurrently, he completed another master's degree in mechanical engineering, also from MIT; and in 2007, he obtained a Ph.D. in biological engineering from MIT in systems biology, with his thesis focusing on modeling the whole cell by integrating molecular pathway models.[17][18][19] In 2007, he was awarded a Fulbright U.S. Student Program grant to study the integration of Siddha, a system of traditional medicine developed in South India, with modern systems biology.[20][17]
So he's an electrician? Could do with him in Udon, eh?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 19, 2020, 7:52 pm

Cutting 555, sometimes the shortest quips are the best ones.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 20, 2020, 7:14 am

A little piece of information, which makes for some interesting thoughts regarding FLU

The common flu virus will infect millions across the globe. It can be easily spread and will especially strike the young and the elderly. But this is not what has been described as the Wuhan virus. The common flu is far deadlier. This is not to downplay the Wuhan coronavirus flu, or to give it its medical name, 2019-nCoV.
The common flu causes up to 5 million cases of severe illness worldwide and kills up to 650,000 people every year, according to the World Health Organization .

So in effect the Covid 19 is NOT more lethal than the flu, however how it kills and the ease of transmission IS the worrying factor , plus many of us have developed what is commonly called the Herd Immunity factor , which mean many will have the FLU but not badly, just anything from sniffles to full blown flu.

It is not yet known HOW this Virus will act , whether we acquire a Herd Immunity like we have with the Common Flu or whether it will act the same way each and every time and general immunity from the severe form is never going to happen.

The scary part is when if infected you are breathing normally then suddenly ( in medical terminology ) you lose the ability to breath normally and consequently you are unable to provide enough oxygen to your body and with that comes the realisation that your body is failing . The common Flu is not like that luckily .

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 20, 2020, 7:57 am

tamada wrote:
April 19, 2020, 7:46 pm
fatbob wrote:
April 19, 2020, 6:41 pm
So he's an electrician? Could do with him in Udon, eh?
I was more interested in his biology qualifications, however you are entitled to your view if you think he is a fool. I think I know who is...

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 20, 2020, 8:19 am

Yes Bob,
A few on this site think they are the smartest people in the world.
Funny how their only contribution to the current world problem is to post on this website.

I would like to see a list of their qualifications that compare to Ayyadurai's.

But we know that won't happen.
We will only get their usual snide remarks, trying to make us think the're smart.

But we know better.
Mick

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2020, 8:26 am

Mick, if someone offers up evidence from a man dressed up a a cartoon figure from Batman what do they expect? You don’t need qualifications to counter an argument about how serious this Covid virus is, all you have to do is go onto Google and see the first hand accounts of whats happening in real life from triage nurses and doctors, I value their opinion far, far more that fatbob or his clownfaced cartoon characters.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 20, 2020, 8:33 am

Another account from a front line nurse. This isn’t just ordinary flu.

Coronavirus: 'I'm the nurse who switches off the ventilator' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52345177

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 20, 2020, 8:37 am

That happens in every hospital, every day, all over the world, for more problems than corona virus.
I had to make the same decision for my mother.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”