New Extension after September 26th

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Re: New Extension after September 26th

Post by Kenr6583 » October 2, 2020, 5:50 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 17, 2020, 9:27 am
To me it looks as if they are trying to attract the top few percent (wealth or income) as they are likely to be spending boat loads, and able to afford a 9 month stay in a country that is (as far as we can tell) one of the safest of the popular destinations.

It doesn’t look targeted at the majority of people who would like to come to visit.
There's no guarantee that these individuals who do decide to come will even stay the full nine months.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 2, 2020, 6:55 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 17, 2020, 9:27 am
To me it looks as if they are trying to attract the top few percent (wealth or income) as they are likely to be spending boat loads, and able to afford a 9 month stay in a country that is (as far as we can tell) one of the safest of the popular destinations.

It doesn’t look targeted at the majority of people who would like to come to visit.
Wealthy people don't spend boat loads ,they don't buy Chinese made crap from háwkers on the beach, they avoid getting on dangerous boats, they're not going to be bell ringing idiots in bars or buying fake Rolex watches in markets. At best a few high end restaurants might get up to 10% capacity and jet ski operators might earn a bit and some taxi drivers might get a bit of work. Long term stayers won't be sitting around in hotels they'll be renting nice houses with swimming pools . Thailand's tourism was based on mass tourism ,a few scraps are not going to make any difference .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 2, 2020, 7:34 am

Hoopoe wrote:
October 2, 2020, 5:37 am
Latest on extension based on marriage ,In Udon Immigration ,went in yesterday to finally get my stamp after consideration period being over ,(went last week but they turned me away as to busy ) my due date has always been 26th August , the stamp due date in the passport now reads 26th of Sept 2021, I queeried this as was caught out once before ,were they put the wrong date in ,then three years later wanted money to change it back to the original date ,even though it was their mistake , the answer i got (and suspected ) was it was due to the visa amnesty , i pointed out that the extension was technically not a visa , i know people who have done an extension based on marriage over the past few months and this has not been the case , so the time span for this occurrence can only possibly be over the last couple of months ,
It does look like a mistake, or that you are lucky.
If you do your 90 report on line next time you will see if the date that immigration has in it’s database matches the passport stamp when you get to step 2 If that matches the passport stamp I would go with the lucky option, if it is the August date I’d go for a mistake
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » October 2, 2020, 10:21 am

Lucky. Hmm I don't think so. This has happened before. 2013 -20016 wrong date then the extortion began to correct THEIR mistake.
That's why I queried it.. To be told it's due to the amnesty... OK now having received messages from KK a message stating that they went in August. Finally after "under consideration period " they got their original date. Eg august 17
So KK & udon are not issuing the same
But yep in November as you suggested.
90 online I'll re-check.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”