A Scathing Indictment of the UK Prime Minister

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: A Scathing Indictment of the UK Prime Minister

Post by stattointhailand » November 29, 2020, 7:11 pm

10,500 Turkeys in Northallerton Yorks are demanding Bojo follows Trumps example (again) and "pardons" them

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 8, 2021, 8:59 am

At last, the background to the thinking (sic) behind Johnson's COVID response has been revealed for the world to see.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 8, 2021, 9:12 am

Almost the same as Brexit scenario, in it to confound everyone.
Governments the world over sadly

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 8, 2021, 1:49 pm

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 9, 2021, 5:08 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 8, 2021, 1:49 pm
Lockdown 3 (a tragedy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zx3DFXqxa8
Yes sit is but I wonder just how many ignored the restrictions and are NOW paying the price of being silly /stupid or just plain bloody minded . It seems judging by various sound-bites emanating from Governmental circles and the Scientific world that this upsurge was expected as they KNEW people were/are ignoring the advice .
So it may be a tragedy but not entirely unexpected I think

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 9, 2021, 7:59 pm

We seen demonstrators in central london running up to Christmas demanding the right to do whatever they want " Who are they to tell us how to run our lives, don't tell us we know better eTc" even mobs outside St Thomas's Hospitel abusing NHS staff telling everyone its all Covid fake. There ignorence is now costing lives.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 10, 2021, 7:08 am

In the aftermath of the recent debacle in the U.S.'s Capitol, there are some interesting viewpoints on how their extreme right has gone completely off-grid when it comes to news and opinion. They are walking away in greater numbers from Fox News who they see as betraying their great leader. I am sure that there's a similar trend in the U.K. and many other nations where people with varying degrees of dissatisfaction get the feeling that their concerns and complaints aren't being addressed. They increasingly blank any mainstream media as being a deception.

I guess the thin edge if the wedge could be seen in those that refuse to acknowledge The Guardian or The Telegraph as credible news sources while mocking The Independent for the pretense of their name.

A narrow mind is very, very dangerous IMHO.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 10, 2021, 7:18 am

The problem with exremism, is that by its nature it really only has a few hardened supporters and the others just join in to have fun, apart from ISIS which is also a religious entity . The vast majority of people prefer the middle ground and so once the head of the snake as it were is cut off ( Aka US/Trump) those on the periphery fade away . However having said that the Problems in the UK regarding Covid 19 restrictions is that people believe so much hype that their ability to think sensibly has been eroded , plus many are just fed up with the whole thing , not understanding mutations and the danger .
Those with the ability to think do read most of the newspapers ,but only believe maybe a quarter of what is written, having learnt that truth is subjective and further research is required.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 10, 2021, 7:44 am

IMO its only a matter of time until Boris either resigns or is outed ...now hes got Brexit done he can resign sighting the chaotic Covid handling and get out of the job he clearly hates having full filled his election promise ref Brexit.

Polls and some media outlets are also predicting his resignation sooner arther than later.

The covid numbers in UK are a tragedy .. 1300 plus deaths in a day :shock:

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 10, 2021, 2:24 pm

No way will he "resign" of his own free will DM.

Brexit was just a way for him to get the power (he didn't actually CARE one way or the other), so he a'int givin' it up if he isn't forced to

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 10, 2021, 3:52 pm

I don't know where your info come'a from DM but there has not been any polls or questions about Bozza thowing the Towel in. I know i live here DM. Bozza doesn't just stand at his podium saying things off his head, he is being advised by the Top Scientists in there field. So maybe you can put your feelings of how the country is being run instead of negativity.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 10, 2021, 9:04 pm

"Bozza doesn't just stand at his podium saying things off his head, he is being advised by the Top Scientists in there field."

and then completely ignores them for a couple of weeks before finally admitting they were right ....... yep, we noticed

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 10, 2021, 9:35 pm

vlad wrote:
January 10, 2021, 3:52 pm
I don't know where your info come'a from DM but there has not been any polls or questions about Bozza thowing the Towel in. I know i live here DM. Bozza doesn't just stand at his podium saying things off his head, he is being advised by the Top Scientists in there field. So maybe you can put your feelings of how the country is being run instead of negativity.
Fine one to preach about negativity Vlad when you constantly come on UM and post anti Thai comments when you dont even live here .. so IYO not living some where doesnt allow you to comment as it may negative or inaccurate... :lol:

But to digress ..so its now classed as negative that IMO Boris may resign in the near future , whats more certain Newspaper polls and media outlets are predicting his resignation during 2021 .. time will tell.

On Covid .... i talk to my daughter weekly in the UK and she comments how her and all her work colleagues (all professional, educated in decent jobs) agree how shambolic the covid pandemic has be handled ..scientist advised or not.. she does live there and has confirmed first hand nothing the government has done has been thought out , rolled out correctly and actually worked ..APART from the vaccine.

Maybe you can put your feelings of how Thailand is being run instead of your constant often inaccurate spewing negativity ..

DM

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 11, 2021, 1:02 am

Is that the best you can come out with trying to score points or saying im anti thai if i eas anti thai i wouldnt have been coming here for the last 15 years. Your a typical you like giving it out but you dont like it coming back. You turned your back on the Country so your dragging us down. By the way how many times have lied to the locals about the ammount of tourists arriving and its looking good. Tell theem on koh Samui who havnt worked for 6 Monthe's or do you believe all the bs they pump out.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 11, 2021, 4:26 am

As i have stated our top Scientists advize how the pandemic is spreading and how its spread to Boris, and Boris tells us in his press conferences, but your not taking that in DM. As far as your concerned its all Boris"s fault. Its our top Scientist that were the 1st in the world to roll out a vaccine now everyone wants it, the same Scientists advising Boris.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 11, 2021, 7:19 am

We can all with hindsight and some with apparently first hand knowledge, knock politicians no matter what your ideology is . I do feel that often in this particular case , matters move quicker than they anticipate in regarding the spread and the disastrous effect this virus is having not only on the population but also the NHS . In fact playing catch up os not a game anyone likes to undertake , especially when you have a goodly proportion of the population seem to fail to understand the fragility of life and expect the Government to pick up the pieces be they Anti-Vaxers Anti-maskers or just plain bloody minded, but they soon trot off and expect themselves and their like minded friends to be treated.
I would not like to be in Boris's position, whatever you do it soon creates Negativity from some-one. Either way he loses as people are beginning to hurt, unable to see friends ( sad ), unable to go out drinking ( sad ), unable to see some members of their family ( SAD ) .
I have zero sympathy for those, whop complain and yet many of them ignored the rules, thought it was okay and expect to get better .
I too speak to family weekly, ( all older than myself ) they are coping, but are thankful for help regarding shopping , managing and living, happy to be Covid free and understand the problems. Complaining gets you nowhere.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 11, 2021, 7:54 am

vlad wrote:
January 11, 2021, 1:02 am
Is that the best you can come out with trying to score points or saying im anti thai if i eas anti thai i wouldnt have been coming here for the last 15 years. Your a typical you like giving it out but you dont like it coming back. You turned your back on the Country so your dragging us down. By the way how many times have lied to the locals about the ammount of tourists arriving and its looking good. Tell theem on koh Samui who havnt worked for 6 Monthe's or do you believe all the bs they pump out.
Morning Vlad .. a beautiful one it is too in Udonthani.

What a load of tosh you post .

Facts

You constantly slag off Thailand off ... rarely anything positive to say.

Yes I dish out my opinions on all issues I can take on any arguments offered fairly without resorting to vindictiveness and treat posting platforms as a bit of fun as well as a good source of info... and can give it n take it no problem its called debating opposing views in most cases.

I left the UK 20 plus years ago and by god im pleased i did looking a the the political and woke shambles it has become , Thailand has been my home since so i feel somewhat qualified to comment on things here ..where as being out of touch with the UK for so long i depend on my daughters updates that seem to mirror most others im seeing on SM etc. I most certainly do not in any way drag down the UK ..just how i can do that is open to conjecture ..please tell me ??

I think most feel covid has been handled terribly in the UK ..agree or not thats what it looks like. Boris was the right guy for Brexit all be bit taking way too long and the best of a bad choice last election .. but he and his government have not been up to speed on covid .. thats pretty obvious .. an unpresidented pandemic dropped on the world. I backed Bojo with Brexit but not with his handling of covid simple as that.

Cant comment on the accuracy of what Thais are being told ref covid ..but on the ground it appears to both past and again now handled as well as possible .. Thailand relies on tourism Pattaya Phuket Samui etc etc havent seen any BS relating to tourism numbers being spouted .. the government are running a domestic tourist policey with subsidies etc which up until the second wave were working fine .. there are no or very very few foriegn visitors arriving here so your comment on Samui doesnt hold water the same as your dig at Koh Larn locking down the island and telling THAI gyuests to leave which was a good decision as things have panned out.

Over n out .. busy day today.

Chill vlad .. lockdown cabin fever ..and the weather must be getting to you , Barrow v Scunny in L2 next fixture weather permitting

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 11, 2021, 8:22 am

BTW ..IMO..Boris will not be PM by Jan 2022 ... HE WILL RESIGN or ousted by a vote of no confidence during 2021... not dragging him or the country down down its just my prediction.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 11, 2021, 8:30 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 11, 2021, 8:22 am
BTW ..IMO..Boris will not be PM by Jan 2022 ... HE WILL RESIGN or ousted by a vote of no confidence during 2021... not dragging him or the country down down its just my prediction.

DM
I don't think anyone (even vlad if truth be known :lol: ) thinks that BOJO will still be PM in Jan 2022 =;

The ONLY way that he will "resign" though is if he is forced to (His contract will more likely be "terminated by mutual consent" as they say ) :-$ or in the words of the great Kenneth Williams "Infamy Infamy theyve all got it In for me"

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 11, 2021, 9:25 am

There just needs to be a vote of confidence from the Tory MPs & we’ll know for sure he’s on his way out
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”