Mute point ......
Does that mean everyone should stop talking about it? :roll:

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: A Scathing Indictment of the UK Prime Minister

Post by pipoz4444 » July 1, 2021, 11:15 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 27, 2021, 5:43 pm
My final.word on Mr Hancock ... i tend to agree with this vids take on him .

Warning .. a few profantities included

https://youtu.be/NsyQ2Q3QMAw

Dm
Just a few of the other naughty ones, who couldn't stay at home or in Hancock's case, keep his hands off. [-X [-X

1.New Zealand: David Clark was already demoted after breaking rules to take his family to the beach. He admitted he'd broken the rules to go biking, and then later confessed he'd also taken his family on an outing to the beach, 20 kilometres from his home. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern slammed his behaviour as "not good enough" but did not sack him, saying it would be counter-productive in the coronavirus pandemic. JA obviously plays favorites.

2.NSW Arts Minister: Don Harwin fined $1000, for escaping to his rural hideaway on the NSW Central Coast before or during restrictions, not sure. But he was fined and eventually resigned.

3.Scotland Catherine Calderwood: Scotland's chief medical officer got it right when she acknowledged that no one would follow her advice to stay home when she was repeatedly unable to do the same. Catherine Calderwood quit after twice breaking the rules to sneak off and visit her second home.

4.UK: Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick found himself in the spotlight after an eagle-eyed source dobbed him in for visiting his parents, who live 65 kilom away. Mr Jenrick had previously made numerous public pleas for people to save lives by staying inside their own homes. Before Mother's Day, he even urged people not be tempted to visit mum.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 1, 2021, 11:40 pm

I blame specsavers sale ..... temptation

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2021, 9:50 am

^^ There was also SNP MP Margaret Ferrier who traveled twice round-trip by train from Glasgow to London on parliamentary business last September. The first time while she was feeling unwell. The second time was after she had been PCR tested but hadn't received the result which was eventually positive. The SNP suspended her but she refused calls to resign by other parties and some of the public. Charged with breaching Covid regulations, she appeared in court last February where she was bound over pending further investigations.
Last edited by tamada on July 2, 2021, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 2, 2021, 12:03 pm

Telling people to isolate and then doing it is one thing, but giving your mia noi the reward of a government job is just corruption. Not just resign. Prosecute.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 2, 2021, 7:19 pm

rick wrote:
July 2, 2021, 12:03 pm
Telling people to isolate and then doing it is one thing, but giving your mia noi the reward of a government job is just corruption. Not just resign. Prosecute.
Speaking of which, anyone heard any more about Bojo's blonde bit he was "promoting" during his time as London Mayor or has that been swept under the carpet again (as opposed to being cleaned up as the Dyson doesnt appear to be doing all its made up to do)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 3, 2021, 4:58 pm

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » July 4, 2021, 12:30 pm

Another Covid-19 wave now appears to be underway in the UK with total new cases (primarily driven by the Delta variant) occurring at a rate which is, from the latest data I’ve downloaded from the Oxford University site, approximately eight times higher than in the EU.

This is readily seen in the following charts comparing EU and UK daily cases per million population:
  • Daily Covid-19 cases per million population from January 2020
    Covid-19 new cases from Jan 2020.jpg
  • Daily Covid-19 cases per million population from May 2021
    Covid-19 new cases from May 2021.jpg

Note: data in the above charts is up to and including 2nd July 2021

CAVEAT - It should be noted that the EU is lagging well behind the UK in new Delta variant cases - It remains to be seen if, and to what degree, they may be able to defend themselves against the increased transmissibility of the Delta variant.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » July 4, 2021, 1:25 pm

Yes it's taking off again in the UK. Life is pretty much normal now apart from paying lip service to Covid protocol. Theres a tacit acceptance that theres a chance you will catch it but, numbers (if believable) suggest that you aren't going to die or be hospitalised.

I know several people in Hospitality who tell me they have staff shortages due to the number of people off with Covid. One owner told me had 40 people off.

Whatever your thoughts are on the issues surrounding the vaccine, the numbers from UK and Israel shows it works.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 4, 2021, 2:20 pm

samster wrote:
July 4, 2021, 1:25 pm
Yes it's taking off again in the UK. Life is pretty much normal now apart from paying lip service to Covid protocol. Theres a tacit acceptance that theres a chance you will catch it but, numbers (if believable) suggest that you aren't going to die or be hospitalised.

I know several people in Hospitality who tell me they have staff shortages due to the number of people off with Covid. One owner told me had 40 people off.

Whatever your thoughts are on the issues surrounding the vaccine, the numbers from UK and Israel shows it works.
Interesting, as I tend to think the reason for the % fall in hospitalisation/deaths has b*gger all to do with the vaccine rollout and far more to do with the fact that those who were more likely to be effected seriously by catching covid (elderly/sick/nursing homes) have now ALREADY DIED in earlier waves, so cant die again :-k

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 4, 2021, 10:14 pm

Scotland is leading the UK on rising infection rates with the new hot spots being Glasgow and Aberdeen. Despite having a vaccination rate on-par with the rest of the Union, some reckon it's because Scotland didn't get hit nearly as hard as the rest of the UK during last year's waves and this leaves a population with a high ration of never infected up for grabs.

“In some ways, Scotland is a victim of its success - fewer people had the virus in the first and second waves so it has more opportunities to jump now,” says Prof Devi Sridhar, an advisor to the Scottish government. “Now we have got to get vaccinating as quickly as we can.”

Meanwhile Scotland's First Bletherer says the precipitous jump in cases is also down to happenstance.

“The delta variant seeded into Bolton initially and Bolton is quite small, whereas in Scotland the delta variant seeded in Glasgow, which is our biggest city,” she told reporters last week.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-heal ... al-europe/

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 6, 2021, 1:32 pm

Rotten timing for me. This new Covid wave will be Sky high just as i arrive back in the UK. I am going to have to stay isolated for the first 6 weeks until my first jab takes effect, or i may end up as one of those 'rare' fatalities. Leaving Udon next week.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » July 6, 2021, 2:47 pm

Oh the irony!
Johnson exposed for being the self-serving, lying scumbag that he is (and has been for decades) by Cummings, the equally self-serving, lying scumbag who enabled Johnson.

it's hard to think of a more glaring example of a total lack of self-awareness.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 26, 2021, 9:57 pm

Pot calling kettle .. non white supremacist

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 27, 2021, 1:47 am

The UK is in deep shxt. The political system just doesn't deliver competent leaders or governments. I'm amazed Johnson is still Prime Minister. Reports that he is so thick and irresponsible that he was going to put the Queen's life at risk, hardly damaged his appalling reputation.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 4, 2022, 6:34 pm

If I want to learn more about Boris, I'll have to look up more insight from Jonathan Pie
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/opin ... andal.html

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 4, 2022, 6:56 pm

This guys not bad either parrot....

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » February 6, 2022, 12:54 pm

Agree
Attachments
46E7682B-B8A3-465E-92DB-A49EAE917C10.jpeg

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » February 6, 2022, 12:55 pm

Also
Attachments
7D07DA06-2D95-411D-B3A9-DBC8D6FE28F8.jpeg

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » February 6, 2022, 1:13 pm

The Russians are preparing for war. The Chinese are threatening countries in "their" sea. Iran and North Korea are making nuclear weapons. What concerns the bbc, msm and Starmer ( Savilles protector) is an illegal drinks party. FGS get your priorities right.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”