covid cases udon

samuel
udonmap.com

Re: covid cases udon

Post by samuel » April 14, 2021, 1:46 pm

pal52 wrote:
April 14, 2021, 1:38 pm
17 more cases in Udon today bringing the total to 85.
Map will probably updated later to show where they are.
172468641_285175849769871_7009800118171205081_n.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 14, 2021, 1:51 pm

Heres a thought .. this weekend especially Sunday should see all those who have traveled to isan for SK making the trip back to Bkk how will it work reference Quarantine as most will have only been in their home town less than a week .. very confusing.

I am in the process of finding out about driving directly to Buriram 20th April and returning 21st in the evening ..waiting for confirmation from village pooey.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 14, 2021, 4:14 pm

Just been on a route that has taken in quite a few villages around the up market southern side of the metropolis & not seen any Songkran festivities.
There were lots of people wearing flowery Songkran attire but just looked like they were going about their everyday business.

Didn’t see any hordes, throngs, crowds, mobs, gatherings, flocks, assemblies or congregations whatsoever.
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 14, 2021, 4:21 pm

Contingency plans call for a Field Hospital at Rachabhat University, Sam Phrao.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUCRjB1OUF0

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 14, 2021, 4:39 pm

It seems to be a case of the Grinch Who Stole Songkran.......probably one of those pesky elderly foreigners who despised the water throwing and general good tidings that flowed over the long holiday. We saw no signs of village parties other than small family gatherings, not a single drop of water on the roads, no powdery cheeks, no truckloads of revelers heading into the city. It's sort of like Christmas day in the village.......it's just another day.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 14, 2021, 5:15 pm

Do not listen to tamada and his sidekick niggly who spout the same rubbish like twins.
stay safe i am on lockdown nobody in or out of my house . Went to lotus on mon stocked up . lots of people on the road , gas stations with queues . every mom pop shop or business wearing masks . never seen the thais so scared . lotus packed with people panic buying same as me , . all my village now wearing masks . headman telling everyone to stay home . lots more positives than reported . 5 of my neighbours died last couple of months all younger than me 2 in last 2 weeks with no cause of death
This is a bad situation and people like tamada and niggly saying there is no problem is dangerous and should be banned on here .
Be good if anyone knew any real info beside the bs from tamada and niggly like where to get the vaccine etc . where best place to go if sick .This info is really needed . i look at lots of website but all in thai so perhaps somebody like parrot who reads thai could give some info

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 14, 2021, 5:16 pm

pal52 wrote:
April 13, 2021, 4:24 pm
tamada wrote:
April 13, 2021, 3:45 pm
dragonz wrote:
April 13, 2021, 12:02 pm
tamada wrote:
April 13, 2021, 11:12 am
samuel wrote:
April 13, 2021, 8:46 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 13, 2021, 8:12 am
Certainly looks like this is really gonna blow up nationwide due to a combination of allowing thousands to travel for the SK break in an attempt to boost the economy and non compliance of advised regulations on gatherings etc etc ... this will really back fire and any chances of re opening for tourism and an economic revival seem scuppered as a full lock down and curfew looks a certainty …
for sure the whole nation will be flooded with this covid mutant.
the mass exodus from bkk should have been forbidden this year and songkran should have been cancelled same as last year.
anyway - nobody could say they haven't been warned.
it was already clear since january 2021 that this mutant is extremely contagious.
so here we are - scared and shocked.
stay home for god's sake.
and put your wife/gf under immediate lockdown.
stay away from family and relatives.
you never know where they are coming from.
this is not the time for discussions …. ACT!
TBH has there really been such a huge exodus from Bangkok to Isaan this year? I have only seen one news clip that showed slightly heavier, flowing traffic somewhere on the Mitrapharp around Korat. Certainly nothing like the gridlock that consumes the nation all the way to KK, either side of the actual holiday.

Another gauge I use is the volume of traffic on the eastern ring road either side of the annual Songkran migration. It builds over the weekend immediately preceding the official holiday dates, returns to normal and repeats at the end (heading t'other way). I was dreading the impact now that it's single-lane each-way from Nittayo to the Shell station north of the Nongbua lights. In reality, it's been so quiet, I reckon a huge proportion of 'southerners' have postponed this Songkran without being told to officially.

Notwithstanding, this highly infectious Kent mutation may have already evidenced itself by popping up in our own back yard as well as in a few others. It must be worrying for the likes of AlexO and dragonz in their smaller communities when they see the medical 'SWAT' teams move in. On the up-side, I think it's obvious from the local responses being reported that a very pro-active track and trace system has quickly caught infected visitors. Whether it's fast enough to keep ahead of the new mutation may be questionable though.
Do you really believe what you are spouting or are u just trolling ? The guy who lives near me and who tested pos is ill in hospital . Hi sister has been to my house with her nephew everyday for a week ! 3 other kids have been playing with my boys all home for songran . What proactive track and trace ? I have seen nobody tracked or traced in my village despite 6 infections .
Next house to me 30 metres away about 40 people over the weekend all on holiday from bkk chon buri . Village is packed with people . drove to udon yesterday on nong kahi road . wanted gasoline but never stopped as to many queues . road was packed with traffic .
I think i live in a parrallel udon to members on here . Unbelievable
I'm not trolling and I'm also not saying that your village or moobahn hasn't suffered disproportionately from infected visitors. However, your experience is certainly not being repeated in my moobahn. So far one other member has mentioned an "intervention" by local health authorities.

What's unbelievable though is your enduring run of bad luck in everything.
I believe you Dragon.
I live near Na Kha and lots of people visiting from Bangkok & Pattaya.
They even started to hold a concert with a mobile wagon loaded with speakers & dancers this afternoon until the boss of the village stopped them along with the police,
UNBELIEVABLE.
Its true pal i never bs . I report what i see tamada reports what he wants to see .I mean what does he mean i get bad luck ? [Redacted by Moderators] I report what is see and i see lots of people in nakha and all around me , listen to the boom boom of music all night.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 14, 2021, 6:32 pm

Dear dragonz,

No boom boom music over here. The whole place is all quiet and not too many motorbikes out and about either. I feel cheated. Is there a government hot line I can lodge a complaint?

Ta
tam

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » April 14, 2021, 7:58 pm

I personally like the return to traditional Songkran celebrations instead of the drunken mayhem that has occurred in pre covid times.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 14, 2021, 8:03 pm

dragonz wrote:
April 14, 2021, 5:15 pm
Do not listen to tamada and his sidekick niggly who spout the same rubbish like twins.
stay safe i am on lockdown nobody in or out of my house . Went to lotus on mon stocked up . lots of people on the road , gas stations with queues . every mom pop shop or business wearing masks . never seen the thais so scared . lotus packed with people panic buying same as me , . all my village now wearing masks . headman telling everyone to stay home . lots more positives than reported . 5 of my neighbours died last couple of months all younger than me 2 in last 2 weeks with no cause of death
This is a bad situation and people like tamada and niggly saying there is no problem is dangerous and should be banned on here .
Be good if anyone knew any real info beside the bs from tamada and niggly like where to get the vaccine etc . where best place to go if sick .This info is really needed . i look at lots of website but all in thai so perhaps somebody like parrot who reads thai could give some info
[Redacted by Moderators]

What rubbish have I spouted, said there’s no problems or bs’d? Feel free to quote me so everyone can see.

My observations are just that, observations & the facts about what happened in our village are exactly that, facts.

[Redacted by Moderators]

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 14, 2021, 8:26 pm

FWIW .. not a single musical boomboom has been heard in and around the airport , ring road and surrounding Nadee moo bans etc .. next to know traffic on the roads and Big C / Tesco Nadee both like ghost towns . Dao has been out n about more than me as as allocated to granny sit and shes saying its really quiet where ever shes been... i gotta get out tomorrow the novelty of changing grannys nappy has worn off. :shock:

Tam n Niggly the nasty twins :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back on topic more ... im still seeing Udonthani as an orange zone not red on the latest government /moph map update

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 14, 2021, 8:37 pm

Yes, agree, no music or frivolities taking place in our village at the moment or the two villages within earshot across the rice fields next to our house.

Is this bullish!t Daffodilz? Feel free to come over & witness the non events for yourself, goof

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 14, 2021, 8:38 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 14, 2021, 8:26 pm
Different fathers but? :oops:

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 14, 2021, 9:05 pm

If we were (& we’re clearly not, this whole thing is just a figment of Daffy’s imagination to make him feel better in his sad tin foil hat wearing world), I’d obviously be the one blessed with the wit, charm & boyish good looks.

Oh, & back on topic, still no boom boom music or partying near Chez Niggles

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 14, 2021, 9:08 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 14, 2021, 8:38 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Kray brothers in Thailand?

Which one is the turd burglar?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 14, 2021, 9:13 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 14, 2021, 9:08 pm
jackspratt wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

I’ll get this in quickly, not me 😬

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 14, 2021, 9:27 pm

For what it's worth, there has been no "boom box" from any of the local villages within earshot.

Our Soi today has seen a visit from Post Office delivery guy on motorbike
Visit from the Ice van to drop off a sackful to my neighbour
My next door neighbours granddaughter went out in her car this afternoon and came back about an hour later

and that's it .........
The usual fun at garden hose watering time and kids in plastic paddling pools and dustbins in the street are nowhere to be seen this year.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 14, 2021, 9:33 pm

Careful there Statts, your likely to be accused of being an illegitimate triplet.

But, this is really what is happening in your village I hear you protest. It can’t be, you’re spreading fake news according to Daffy.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 14, 2021, 9:35 pm

Niggly wrote:
April 14, 2021, 9:13 pm
Whistler wrote:
April 14, 2021, 9:08 pm
jackspratt wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

I’ll get this in quickly, not me 😬
So niggly you are a bottom. DM, does he have your number?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 14, 2021, 10:01 pm

Sorry Niggly perhaps there was a 44 ton juggernaut with an "evergreen" container that tried to do a "u turn" in the soi, got stuck, and that's what caused the lack of traffic

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”